- Windrun does not provide protection against and . Her fast attack speed with Focus Fire will quickly trigger .
- turns Windranger's mobility against her.
- can help his teammates escape from Windrun and Focus Fire.
- will quickly go through Windranger's health.
- Clockwerk's abilities can hinder Windranger's positioning tactics.
- The high-mobility provided by makes Windranger hard to find good position to land Shackleshot or a full duration of Focus Fire.
- deals considerable magical damage to Windranger.
- By using , Morphing can use the Windrun and Shackleshot to counter Windranger herself.
- can easily chase down Windranger.
- Windranger's low health also makes her vulnerable Morphling's magical nukes especially and combo.
- greatly lowers Windranger's damage output from Focus Fire.
- strikes can't miss by Windranger's Windrun.
- Spectre can instantly escape Focus Fire or hunts ratting Windranger with .
- Spectre can catch up to her with , even if she uses Windrun.
- Due to lack of magic resistance, poison damage eats through Windranger's health.
- Windranger heavily relies on her skills for any form of tactical advantage and damage. A well timed Silence will decimate her quickly: , , , , , , .
- Since Windranger is bad against magic damage. Heros with continuous magical damage or magical nuke: , , , , , , .
- All of Nyx Assassin's skills are strong counters against Windranger. Even , even though it deals physical damage. His item build is also a good counter against her. Items like , and .
- , and prevents Windranger escaping from Windrun.
- / and can greatly reduce Windranger's performance due to her relying heavily on her skills for any tactical advantage.
- works against Focus Fire and Shackleshot.
- can be used to return Windranger's Focus Fire damage, forcing her to Windrun or stop moving and attacking to prevent Focus Fire attacks. Especially good against magic damage proc builds.
- Windrun can used to dodge Earthshaker's abilities especially .
- Focus Fire allows to kite and kill Earthshaker.
- Windranger will not receive damage from by using .
- can nuke down Huskar when he is in low health.
- Phantom Assassin will be useless if Windranger managed to get or , and other than Stifling Dagger, Phantom Assassin has no damage that can bypass Windrun without a truestrike
- Even though evasion, can still deal considerable damage to Phantom Assassin because of the high attack speed. provide 20%/30%/40%/50%
- Focus Fire used to "tag" real Phantom Lancer from the illusions.
- Pudge relies on his hook to initiate his combo. As long as you're able to avoid the hook with Windrun, and then shackle him, Windranger can take him down easily.
- Windranger can quickly kill Shadow Fiend with her skillset or disturb his farm with Powershot, rendering him useless.
- Windranger can dodge almost all the damage of Ursa by Windrun.
- Focus Fire can used to kite Ursa at same time deal damage.
- Other heroes that rely on regular attack to deal physical attack and not rely on their abilities: , , , .
- Heroes that rely on illusions can "tagged" by Focus Fire: , .
Works well with...
- Windranger can shackle a unit to a sprouted tree.
- Drow Ranger's increases Windranger attack speed.
- is also good for a Windranger. With fast hands and a , she can easily shackle enemies even with no trees around her.