- is one of the best ways to lock down Weaver before he has a chance to use Time Lapse. It can also catch Weaver in Shukuchi.
- Due to his fast attack speed from Geminate Attack and items that give attack speed, will activate a lot, and the damage would be returned by , which hurts Weaver far more than it hurts Axe.
- can finish off Weaver's low health pool before he escapes with Shukuchi and Time Lapse.
- is a good tool to pop Weaver's due to its low cooldown.
- is particularly crippling against Weaver, who relies on high movement speed from Shukuchi to fight and escape, and it cannot be dispelled by Time Lapse.
- detects Weaver through Shukuchi whenever his health is low.
- combined with Rupture forces Weaver to either take damage from the latter, or to get silenced for a long duration.
- is a good tool to pop Weaver's to follow up with Rupture.
- A well-timed followed by will prevent Weaver from escaping with Shukuchi. A Weaver silenced for more than 3 seconds usually dies very quickly.
- Due to her high attack speed, Drow Ranger can easily kill The Swarm beetles.
- The wide range of makes it difficult for Weaver to avoid it with Shukuchi and, once caught, his low survivability makes him an easy kill.
- With no significant source of burst damage, it is easy for Void to survive combat with Weaver using .
- will prevent Weaver from using Shukuchi or force him to use Time Lapse to dispel the debuff and re-engage.
- The long silence of at night prevents Weaver from using his Shukuchi or Time Lapse.
- With and , Night Stalker can easily find and probably kill Weaver.
- 's attack speed bonus removes The Swarm's beetles very quickly.
- allows Nyx to get an easy long-duration stun on Weaver once he uses Shukuchi, and then he can follow up with .
- works as a great setup for both and and can deal decent damage to Weaver. Additionally he can neutralize The Swarm beetles due to his invisibility duration.
- has a long range and a low cooldown, and is a great spell to waste Linken's Sphere. It also serves as an effective spell to harass Weaver with.
- prevents Weaver from using Shukuchi or Time Lapse.
- lowers armor and reveals Weaver during Shukuchi, who is already a frail target. In addition, Weaver usually builds , and can be used to "pop" the spell block. His level 25 talent can also make Corrosive Haze undispellable by Time Lapse, which puts Weaver in an even worse situation.
- can dodge Weaver's bugs with the movement speed bonus.
- has a low cooldown can used to pop his .
- or ( upgraded from ) detects Weaver during Shukuchi, preventing his ganks.
- can kill Weaver quickly before he can cast his Time Lapse at low health.
- has a cheap way to break Linken's Sphere and keep track of Weaver while he is using Shukuchi, though both can be dispelled with Time Lapse.
- All of Weaver's spells are useful for stealing with , and with it's easy to pop Weaver's Linken's Sphere and save allies with an upgraded Time Lapse.
- Silences and other types of lockdown that prevent Weaver from using his spells: , , , , , .
- Burst damage, such as or , can shred Weaver.
- has both a silence and a powerful nuke in , root from and even more magical damage in and .
- has a lot of stuns that will prevent Weaver from using Time Lapse or Shukuchi, making him an easy target to kill.
- Level 3 's melee warrior will provide True Sight over Weaver and the mana drain is always a nuisance.
will prevent running away with Shukuchi or Time Lapse. It can be blocked by , however.
- Items have no cast time and can be used to break Linken's Sphere.
- and provide additional hard lockdowns.
- and any of its upgrades' invisibility can be used to neutralize The Swarm beetles.
- in the early game will stop the advantages of Shukuchi and a in the late game is recommended against any invisible hero.
- and its upgrades will mitigate damage taken from The Swarm.
- makes the enemy immune to Weaver's attacks, forcing him to consider buying to dispel.
- is extremely easy to nullify with Shukuchi.
- does not slow Weaver in Shukuchi.
- Time Lapse will still affect his health, even when hit by .
- Ancient Apparition has no escapes or saves and is very squishy, making him an easy target for Weaver to get on top of.
- Brewmaster is slow and has low armor, making his laning stage very difficult against Geminate Attack.
- Apart from the slow moving , which can be disjointed, he has no control to catch Weaver.
- 's slow is ignored by Shukuchi.
- Lifestealer has no other lockdown and relies on being on top of enemies; Weaver can kite him with ease.
- Geminate Attack works on , allowing Weaver to kill it quickly.
- Zombies attacking Weaver disappear once he goes invisible with Shukuchi.
- Undying has no way to catch a mobile Weaver.
- While Weaver is in Shukuchi, doesn't slow him and is easy to avoid.
- Even when hooked, Weaver can use Time Lapse, negating both the damage and displacement.
- Pudge has low armor and low attack speed, making him susceptible to The Swarm and physical attacks.
is easy to block with Linken's Sphere and it's the only way to break Weaver's Linken Sphere.
- However, the long duration stun of Dismember can be dangerous for Weaver.
- Sven can be easily kited since Weaver is a natural carrier and Sven relies on to disable and kill a hero.
- 's slow is ignored by Shukuchi.
- Ursa can be kited with Shukuchi and his burst damage will be negated with Time Lapse as long as Weaver survives it.
- The Swarm breaks Ursa's , forcing him to deal with the beetles.
- is easy to disjoint with Shukuchi or Time Lapse, and it's the only way to break Weaver's Linken Sphere.
- Wraith King has no other disables and no mobility, allowing Weaver to chase or escape Wraith King as he wishes.
- With the Mana Break talent and , Weaver can prevent from triggering.
- Heroes with low mobility and survivability make perfect targets for Weaver: , .
- Heroes that rely on slows or low-duration stuns have trouble catching Weaver: , .
- Heroes with one single-target abilities such as , , or will struggle against Weaver's Linken Sphere.
Works well with...
- allows Weaver to use Shukuchi more often.
- , and Weaver's high damage output can be used to secure early kills.
- Alchemist can grant Weaver an . Upgraded Time Lapse works exceptionally well with Alchemist, who has high regeneration from .
- reduces enemies' armor further, stacking with The Swarm.
- synergizes well with The Swarm's armor reduction.
- adds damage to Weaver's Geminate Attack.
- can be used to save Weaver during gank attempts and team fights, who then can regain health with Time Lapse.
- Any front line heroes that can distract the enemy team or any heroes with strong disabling abilities will help Weaver deal more damage and chase down the enemy heroes easily.
- Any hero or aura that increases your damage ( , , ) will do so two-fold for Weaver thanks to Geminate Attack.
- Any hero with slow or stun ( , , ), can help Weaver kill a hero without a good way to escape.
- Heroes with armor reduction abilities ( , ) or and its upgrades work well with The Swarm, increasing physical damage output on Roshan and enemy heroes.