- is one of the best ways to lock down Weaver before he has a chance to use Time Lapse. It can also catch Weaver in Shukuchi and makes him a target for .
- is a good tool to pop Weaver's due of his low cooldown.
- is particularly crippling against Weaver, who relies on high movement speed from Shukuchi to fight and escape, but it cannot dispel by Time Lapse.
- detects Shukuchi at his low health.
- combined with Rupture forces Weaver to either take damage from the latter, or to get silenced for a long duration.
- is a good tool to pop Weaver's follow up with Rupture.
- A well-timed follow with will prevent Weaver from escaping and usually dies very quickly.
- Drow Ranger can quickly kill The Swarm's beetles thanks to .
- The wide range of makes it difficult for Weaver to avoid it with Shukuchi and, once caught, his low survivability makes him an easy kill.
- With no significant source of burst damage it is easy for Void to survive combat with Weaver using .
- will prevent Weaver from using Shukuchi or force him to use Time Lapse to dispel the debuff and re-engage.
- The long silence of at night prevents Weaver using his Shukuchi or Time Lapse.
- With and , Night Stalker can easily find and probably kill Weaver. And to fight Weaver any stage of the game.
- attack speed bonus removes The Swarm beetles very quickly.
- allows Nyx to get an easy long-duration stun on Weaver once he uses Shukuchi, and then he can follow up with .
- works as a great setup for both and and can deal decent damage to squishy Weaver.
- has long range and low cooldown often force Weaver to spend and severely harass Weaver in lane.
- prevents Weaver using Shukuchi or Time Lapse.
- lowers armor and reveals Weaver during Shukuchi, who is already a frail target.
- Weaver usually builds , can be used to "pop" the spell block, and his talent can make Corrosive Haze undispellable by Time Lapse.
- can dodge Weaver bugs with the maximum movement speed.
- has low cooldown can used to pop his .
- or ( upgraded from ) detects Weaver during Shukuchi preventing his ganks.
- can kill Weaver quickly before he cast his Time Lapse at low health.
- has a cheap way to break Linken's Sphere and keep track of Weaver while he is using Shukuchi, though both can be dispelled with Time Lapse.
- All of Weaver's spells are useful for stealing with , and with its easy to pop Weaver's Linken's Sphere and save allies with upgraded Time Lapse.
- Silence and other types of lockdown that prevent Weaver from using his spells: , , , , , .
- Burst damage, such as or , can shred Weaver.
- has both silence and powerful nuke in , root from and even more magical damage in and .
- has a lot of stuns that will prevent Weaver from using Time Lapse or Shukuchi, making him an easy target to kill.
- Level 3 's melee warrior will provide True Sight over Weaver and the mana drain is always a nuisance.
will prevent running away with Shukuchi or Time Lapse. It can be blocked by however.
- Items have no cast time and can be used to break Linken's Sphere.
- , provide additional hard lockdown.
- and any of its upgrades' invisibility can be used to neutralize The Swarm beetles.
- in the early game will stop the advantages of Shukuchi and a in the late game is recommended against any invisible hero.
- and its upgrades will mitigate damage taken from The Swarm: .
- makes the enemy immune to Weaver's attacks, forcing him to consider buying to dispel.
- is extremely easy to break with Shukuchi.
- does not slow Weaver in Shukuchi.
- Time Lapse will still affect his health, even when hit by .
- Ancient Apparition has no escapes or saves and is very squishy, making him an easy target for Weaver to get on top of.
- Brewmaster is slow and has low armor, making his laning stage very difficult against Geminate Attack.
- Apart from the slow moving , which can be disjointed, he has no control to catch Weaver.
- 's slow is ignored in Shukuchi.
- Lifestealer has no other lockdown and relies on being on top of enemies; Weaver can kite him with ease.
- Geminate Attack works on , allowing Weaver to kill it quickly.
- Zombies attacking Weaver disappear once he goes invisible with Shukuchi.
- Undying has no way to catch mobile Weaver.
- While Weaver is in Shukuchi, doesn't slow him and is easy to avoid.
- Even when hooked, Weaver can use Time Lapse, negating both the damage and displacement.
- Pudge has low armor and low attack speed, making him susceptible to The Swarm and physical attacks.
- However, long duration stun of can be dangerous for Weaver.
- Sven can be easily kited since Weaver is a natural carrier and Sven relies on to disable and kill a hero.
- Ursa can be kited with Shukuchi and his burst damage will be negated with Time Lapse as long as Weaver survives it.
- The Swarm breaks Ursa's , forcing him to deal with the beetles.
- is easy to disjoint with Shukuchi or Time Lapse, and it's the only way Wraith King can break Weaver's Linken Sphere.
- Wraith King has no other control and no mobility, allowing Weaver to chase or escape Wraith King as he wishes.
- With the Mana Break talent and Weaver can prevent from triggering.
- Heroes with low mobility and survivability make perfect targets for Weaver: ,
- Heroes that rely on slows or low-duration stuns have trouble catching Weaver: ,
- Heroes with one single-target abilities such as , , or will struggle against Weaver's Linken Sphere.
Works well with...
- allows Weaver to use Shukuchi more often.
- , and Weaver's high damage output can be used to secure early kills.
- Alchemist can grant Weaver an . Upgraded Time Lapse works exceptionally well with Alchemist, who has high regeneration form .
- reduces enemies' armor further, stacking with The Swarm.
- synergizes well with The Swarm armor reduction.
- adds damage to Weaver's Geminate Attack.
- can be used to save Weaver, who then can regain health with Time Lapse.
- Any front line heroes that can distract the enemy team or any heroes with strong disable abilities will help Weaver deal more damage and chase down the enemy heroes easily.
- Any hero or aura that increases your damage ( , , ) will do so two-fold for Weaver thanks to Geminate Attack.
- Any hero with slow or stun ( , , ), can help Weaver kill a hero without a good way to escape.
- Heroes with armor reduction abilities ( , ) or and its upgrades work well with The Swarm, increasing physical damage output on Roshan and enemy heroes.