- can into a flock of Familiars, procing and killing them off.
- Familiars' very fast attacks will proc , receiving full damage due to their low attack range.
- can be used to engage Visage while removing Gravekeeper's Cloak charges.
- will deal tremendous amounts of damage over time due to Visage's high health pool.
- completely nullifies Gravekeeper's Cloak and prevents Visage from casting spells.
- is effective at destroying Familiars and will remove one instance of Gravekeeper's Cloak upon each hit to Visage, leaving him susceptible to damage.
- Visage's Familiars cannot penetrate and will do almost no damage to even with or .
- 's bonus damage has the potential to kill Familiars.
- will quickly stack up from Familiar attacks, making Timbersaw hard to kill.
- Visage's low mobility makes it easy for to line up his abilities.
- 's removes a significant number of layers from Gravekeeper's Cloak. When combined with burns through all of Gravekeeper's Cloak while doing triple times Toss damage to Visage in midair.
- Tiny's already high damage coupled with 's attack modifier will make short work of Visage's Familiars.
- , and deal damage over time and will chip away at Gravekeeper's Cloak in addition to slowing an already sluggish hero.
- 's normal attacks deal and will chip away at Gravekeeper's Cloak.
- Since Visage is a slow hero, can easily kite him with and while successfully chipping away at Gravekeeper's Cloak.
- removes all layers of Gravekeeper's Cloak, leaving Visage exposed.
- makes Viper highly resistant to Soul Assumption.
- Heroes with damage over time abilities can quickly eat through Gravekeeper's Cloak charges like , and .
- Heroes that can overwhelm Visage by sheer number like , , and .
- Heroes with cleave or multi-target attacks can quickly take on Familiars and reduce Visage's firepower like , , and .
- Heroes with magic immune abilities can negate most of Visage's attacks like and .
- Heroes with armor reducing abilities greatly hinder Visage's defense like and .
- Heroes with long ranged attacks or abilities can harass Visage from afar like and .
- Items providing armor, like or , can protect enemies from a lot of Visage's damage. The only solution is through armor reduction like that of .
- Items providing evasion, like or , can also protect enemies from a lot of Visage's damage. The only solution is to get a ; will not help the Familiars.
- will nullify Grave Chill, Soul Assumption, and Stone Form getting rid of some of Visage's damage and all of his control.
- and will significantly drop familiar damage output.
- will make quick work of Visages' Gravekeeper's Cloak.
- Familiars can scout for Clockwerk's location allowing Visage to dodge or block attempts.
- Gravekeeper's Cloak greatly absorbs damage from .
- Nature's Prophet has no natural method of dealing with Gravekeeper's Cloak and Familiars.
- Familiar's low base attack time can chip away Nature Prophet's health.
- Familiar's Stone Form destroys trees created by .
- Familiars can scout woods and foggy areas where Nature's Prophet is trying to use .
- Stone Form's long stun duration may prevent Puck from using escape abilities.
- Visage frequently builds for the root that will make Puck unable to move and use his escape abilities.
- Pudge has a very hard time killing Familiars due to his melee range and low attack speed.
- Stone Form can quickly interrupt .
- Due to their high attack speed, Visage's Summon Familiars will destroy quickly, granting Visage massive amount of gold.
- Familiars will be able to chase Spectre through the trees when she uses , while Visage can keep blasting her with Soul Assumption.
- will almost never proc because Visage will always have nearby Familiars.
- Familiars will easily be able to kite heroes with a short range or with low attack speed. For example, and have a very hard time killing Familiars.
- Stone Form can easily interrupt heroes with long channeling spells, like , , , or .
- Heroes that deal few, powerful instances of damage, like , , or , have a hard time breaking through Gravekeeper's Cloak.
- Visage can quickly kill heroes with low to medium base armor and no innate escape mechanism. Examples include , and .
Works well with...
- In combination with , Visage's Familiars will do an incredible amount of damage.
- Lifestealer can Visage's Familiars.
- In combination with Beastmaster's summons and , Visage's Familiars can become very powerful. Also Beastmaster's ultimate is a fine lockdown for Familiars to deal damage and then stun further.
- Stone Form of Familiars can help Titan land and much easily. Conversely Titan can set up Visage for a chain stun.
- Familiars' extremely low base attack time makes them very potent with buffs like 's , 's , and 's .
- 's is an effective heal on Visage when his Gravekeeper's Cloak is active.
- Visage is great at picking off enemy heroes , so he works well with other pick-off focused heroes, like or .
- Visage works well with heroes that tend to buy items like or because his Familiars benefit from the aura or active component.
- Any heroes with a significant amount of lockdown mechanism can synergise with Visage. Heroes like with , with , with , with , with , with and so on.
- Familiar's Stone Form chain stun can be useful to set up hard to land spells like , , or even combos.