- If any member of Underlord's team is injured when using Dark Rift, Bloodseeker will see the relocation with .
- can counter a push with Dark Rift.
- can save an ally stuck in Pit of Malice, or help Io escape Pit of Malice.
- will return Underlord or a team mate if they escape with Dark Rift.
- allows Nature's Prophet to intercept split pushes from Dark Rift, and instantly counter push when Underlord's team is away.
- negates most split push attempts with Dark Rift, and deals damage to Underlord's entire team if Spectre has a .
- Sniper's very long range allows him to stay out of Firestorm and Pit of Malice.
- Even when caught in Pit of Malice, Sniper's range lets him continue hitting Underlord's team.
- provides map vision, giving allies ample time to prepare against a Dark Rift gank attempt.
- can disrupt Dark Rift's teleport or be used to counter-initiate.
- and can devastate Underlord's team when they're grouped up for Dark Rift.
- All of Underlord's abilities are useful for Rubick to .
- Shadow Fiend can still dish out heavy damage with and while caught in Pit of Malice.
- s can stun and skirmish with Underlord's team while he's stuck in Pit of Malice.
- 's long range and short cooldown time means Visage can continue to deal damage even when caught in Pit of Malice.
- damage is not reduced by Atrophy Aura, essentially bypassing Underlord's only natural defense.
- can quickly dispel the root of Pit of Malice.
- In general, heroes that provide vision will see Dark Rift coming: , ,
- In general, highly mobile heroes counter Dark Rift's repositioning abilities: , , ,
- In general, heroes with long ranged, long duration AoE nukes/disables are dangerous to Underlord's team when using Dark Rift: , , , , , ,
- In general, heroes with spell immunity abilities won't be caught inside by Pit of Malice: , , .
- will push enemies out of Firestorm, Pit of Malice, and Atrophy Aura's effective range. It can even push Underlord's teammates away from him before Dark Rift's teleport goes off.
- punishes Underlord for his low mana, and its active reduces his mobility further.
- catches Underlord's team when they gather for Dark Rift, and can be used to deal damage if caught in his Pit of Malice.
- 's barrier negates pretty much all of Underlord's magical damage.
- can be used to defend or counter push after Underlord uses Dark Rift.
- Atrophy Aura reduces Drow Ranger's damage significantly, as she relies on agility.
- Pit of Malice prevents Faceless Void from casting , and to reverse part of the damage he has taken.
- Firestorm's radius is almost equal of the , allowing Underlord to punish Faceless Void during the duration of it.
- Dark Rift can be used to save Underlord and/or one of his allies of , and while Dark Rift is opening, Atrophy Aura can significantly weaken the blow dealt to Underlord and/or his allies if they get caught in the Chronosphere.
- Atrophy Aura significantly lowers 's damage output.
- Atrophy Aura makes it hard for Legion Commander to win s.
- Dark Rift can be used to save Underlord and his allies from a .
- Atrophy Aura reduces Sven's damage significantly, as he relies on strength.
- Firestorm will destroy charges very quickly.
- Firestorm will hit Templar Assassin while ed.
- Templar Assassin has a hard time maneuvering around Pit of Malice.
- Firestorm is very useful for clearing multiple illusions swiftly.
- Pit of Malice will continuously disrupt many illusions, drastically reducing their damage and potency.
- Athropy Aura reduces damage of both Phantom Lancer and his illusions.
- In general, melee heroes without blink mechanisms or spell immunity will have a hard time positioning against Pit of Malice: , , , , , , , , , , .
Works well with...
- and , combined with Firestorm and Pit of Malice will lock down or zone out large areas of the map during a teamfight.
- with Atrophy Aura reduces enemy damage significantly.
- The splash attacks from Elder Dragon Form will hit multiple enemies stuck in Pit of Malice.
- combined with Atrophy Aura renders enemies quite helpless.
- Pit of Malice holds enemies in place for Leshrac to deal heavy damage with and .
- gives an extra layer of stealth after using Dark Rift.
- Pit of Malice locks down enemies for Riki to attack with .
- combined with Atrophy Aura will reduce enemy damage even further.
- Pit of Malice's long duration allows Rubick to pick up enemies and drop them inside with .
- Pit of Malice helps lock down enemies for Timbersaw to attack them with any ability.
- and combined with Atrophy Aura makes enemies weak in both defense and offense.
- Vengeful Spirit can enemies into Pit of Malice.
- In general, heroes that provide vision through a summoned unit helps Underlord target Dark Rift: , , , , .
- In general, heroes with area nukes work well with Underlord's Pit of Malice: , , , .
- In general, heroes with long stuns or roots will set Underlord up for a Pit of Malice into Firestorm combo: , , , , , , , .