Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
- destroys a significant area of trees, counteracting Nature's Guise and Eyes in the Forest.
- Phantom Lancer's many illusions will easily eat away Living Armor, provided he has sufficient farm.
- can dispel Leech Seed. It can also destroy large amounts of trees, counteracting Nature's Guise and Eyes in the Forest.
- All of Treant Protector's abilities are worth stealing, and Rubick is able to cast them with no animation time.
- will reveal Treant Protector even when he is under the effects of Nature's Guise.
- Not only are all of Timbersaw's active abilities capable of cutting down trees, but and also require it to be effective, counteracting both Treant Protector's Nature's Guise and Eyes in the Forest abilities.
- 's damage over time chews away Living Armor very quickly.
- Venomancer's damage over time poisons remove Living Armor very quickly.
- Damage over time takes out Living Armor protection.
- In general, heroes with damage over time abilities will quickly remove Living Armor.
- Heroes that bases themselves on skills will do well against Treant Protector, as the Tree's abilities offers a great protection against physical damage and normal attacks, but has little to do against powerful nukes.
- Heroes with the capability of removing or destroying trees greatly hinders the effectiveness of Treant Protector's abilities: , , ,
- Necronomicon Warrior's reveals all trees buffed with Eyes In The Forest, as well as Treant Protector himself. or with
- is readily available and can be bought in bulk to remove trees by consuming them.
- and its upgrade, , chop down trees.
- and its upgrade, , can also clear trees in a linear fashion.
- Treant Protector's abilities are dispellable with any dispel, so items such as and are very effective against him.
- prevents any invisible gank coming from Treant Protector.
- Spirit Breaker's slow attacks cannot harm a hero shielded by Living Armor.
- Anti-Mage relies on blinking and attacking. Overgrowth prevents both.
- Be wary that he will eventually farm up a silence or similar that would force him to use his manta before your ultimate. that fully dispels Overgrowth. Good players will wait for your ultimate to use their manta. Perhaps an ally has a
- Lycan has no kind of teleport, being only able to walk, and heavily relies on his attacks. As Overgrowth roots and disarms the targets, Lycan can't do much in an overgrowth field.
- If is caught in an Overgrowth, he is shut down.
- With the exception of , he won't be able to cast any relevant skill.
- Another hero heavily based on attacks and no mobility, being an easy prey for Treant strong disarms and motion reduction skills.
- Overgrowth has a great duration, which it prevents the units caught from attacking, moving and any short of blinking. Heroes like , , and others won't be able to do much if they're caught.
- Keep in mind that Overgrowth, while preventing blinks and pseudo-blink, it doesn't prevent units from casting other sorts of spells,
- , , , , , and others are some of the Heroes that bases themselves on attacks with little or no spell power, suffering in the grassy hands of Overgrowth.
Works well with...
- along with Leech Seed is a great source of infinite mana, health and damage.
- Treant Protector can root the enemies in place while Crystal Maiden channels .
- Living Armor may keep Crystal Maiden alive while she is channeling Freezing Field.
- Mirana can hit a long range while targets are slowed by Leech Seed or rooted by Overgrowth.
- Pudge greatly benefits from Treant Protector, as he can easily cast a deadly while his victims are rooted.
- Treant Protector solves Sven's problems with being kited, protecting him with Living Armor, slowing, rooting and disarming enemies, as Sven deals huge damage to them all.
- Warlock can full stack an while the enemies are in Overgrowth.
- Warlock Golems can do significant damage. applies a good stun that can be used along with Overgrowth. Also, as the victims are unable to move, the
- Treant Protector works really well with heroes that have AoE abilities:
, , ,
- A special mention should go to as Overgrowth can, by itself, guarantee to go off, dealing damage and stunning through spell immunity.
- Heroes with any mana regeneration abilities can help Treant to keep his mana pool full as he casts Leech Seed, healing his allies and himself.
- Heroes that need enemies close to them or in one position for a long time, like , , , will have great advantage over the clash as Treant Protector has one of the longest AoE movement disabling skill of the game.