- and prevent Terrorblade from using Sunder.
- and together can be devastating to Terrorblade, especially if Terrorblade has a lot of illusions. Their high attack speed will trigger Counter Helix a lot, and the pure damage will quickly slice through Terrorblade's low health and kill his illusions.
- finishes off Terrorblade before he has the chance to Sunder due to his low health in the early to mid game.
- and allow the enemy team to coordinate a kill on Terrorblade before he can Sunder.
- cripples Terrorblade's armor that he crucially needs to survive due to his low strength gain.
- Ursa deals lots of damage during the laning phase before Terrorblade has Sunder available.
- 's damage reduction helps Ursa survive after Terrorblade has used Sunder.
- is one of the best tools to kill Terrorblade before he can use Sunder due to its high magical (pure with ) burst damage.
- allows Lina to clear Terrorblade's illusions from Conjure Image and .
- Dark Seer's and allows him to clear the wave of Terrorblade's illusions.
- can create stronger illusions of Terrorblade.
- If Dark Seer can use to help teammates land their AoE skills, Terrorblade will be quickly killed before he even gets a chance to use .
- can destroy Terrorblade's illusions.
- prevents him from using Sunder or in bad situations.
- hard disables Terrorblade, preventing him from using his skills to survive or from dispelling it in any way.
- Ember Spirit can deal devastating damage to Terrorblade and illusion heroes with Sleight of Fist and Battle Fury.
- Terrorblade has no disable to lock down Ember Spirit and prevent him from escaping, and in addition, he doesn't like purchasing disabling items, which are the only solutions to deal with Ember Spirit.
- saves an ally whom Terrorblade has used Sunder on.
- can often kill Terrorblade before he has time to save himself with Sunder.
- Ill-timed Sunder will always make Terrorblade vulnerable to , and will give Necrophos a free kill. And in addition, can stun Terrorblade, preventing him to use Sunder.
- Terrorblade can only damage Necrophos through if he bought a . Even then, the heal from and amplified by Ghost Shroud easily negates the burn damage.
- deals pure damage against the real Terrorblade, bypassing his high base armor.
- and will make very short work of Terrorblade and his illusions.
- can destroy Terrorblade's illusions or damage them heavily.
- decreases the bonus damage of Metamorphosis.
- also gives Razor high mobility, thus nullifying effects of Reflection.
- along with can quickly reduce Terrorblade's armor.
- Even if Razor has no stuns or other disables, he will often carry , making Sunder and every other ability that Terrorblade has useless.
- quickly clears Terrorblade's illusions.
- allows him to fight Terrorblade and out-damage him.
- is very effective against Terrorblade's physical-only damage.
- Sven relies on his heavy tankiness to stay alive, so Sunder can be a big problem for him if he does not burst Terrorblade down. However, is a very common item on Sven players, which can negate all of Terrorblade's spells.
- An blind Terrorblade and illusions. upgraded allows Tinker to
- Tinker can also clear Terrorblade's illusions and stall his pushing attempts with .
- and can easily burst Terrorblade and his illusions.
- automatically hits everything in a big radius, taking a huge chunk of health out of Terrorblade's illusions, regardless of how much health they have.
- Timbersaw's spell combos all deal magical and pure damage, completely ignores Terrorblade's high base armor and the area of effect damage can clear his illusions very quickly.
- negates most of Terrorblade's damage against Timbersaw, and its high health regeneration can help Timbersaw to survive after being Sundered.
- Heroes that can stall pushes: , , ,
- Heroes that can destroy illusions instantly: , ,
- Heroes that can dominate his illusions or create their own illusions of him: , , ,
- Heroes with abilities that have lockdown: , ,
- Heroes who can negate effects of Sunder: , ,
- will prevent Sunder, Terrorblade has no solutions to waste its cooldown, in addition. Terrorblade doesn't like purchasing disabling items, which is only solution to break the cooldown from .
- will prevent Terrorblade from using his abilities; however, this can be removed with .
- and will prevent Terrorblade from using his Items, and unlike silence, hex and mute cannot be removed with .
- for negating Sunder's effect. (Terrorblade's health will be set to a minimum percentage if he previously had less).
- and are very effective for destroying illusions.
- can quickly nullify effects of Sunder.
- and can prevent Terrorblade from using his abilities and attacking. This item is especially effective on heroes with high attack speed and high attack damage.
- allows heroes who carry it to protect themselves from Terrorblade's abilities, and even Sunder cannot pierce through it, since 7.20 patch.
- Sunder is not affected by and will still swap health with any target as usual.
- Almost all of 's damage revolves exclusively around single-target damage-over-time effects. Furthermore, without any hard disables, Terrorblade can almost always get a Sunder off.
- Viper is very slow moving and doesn't protect against physical damage, meaning that Terrorblade under Metamorphosis can quickly kill Viper.
- Techies mines can be destroyed by Terrorblade's spammable illusions.
- Terrorblade can push without the fear of dying from mines; he can instead use his illusions to push.
- The Reflection of Shadow Fiend cause to affect Shadow Fiend, reducing his armor and making it easier for Terrorblade to kill him. Also, Shadow Fiend doesn't have lots of survivability or control skills in order to escape.
- Since Sunder calculates from a percentage of HP if Terrorblade is hooked by Pudge he can immediately Sunder Pudge and kill him, although Pudge can deny himself with
- Pudge can only lock down one hero with so Terrorblade's illusions can kill him even if the real Terrorblade is targeted.
- Reflection will reflect back to him.
- Reflection will quickly wipe out the illusions from Anti-Mage's .
- Sunder can save himself or his allies from .
- A well farmed Terrorblade is stronger than Sniper.
- With a , Meepo's is useless and Terrorblade's Metamorphosis will help him attack the weakest one.
- Heroes with high base damage ( , , ) or mana burns ( and users like or ) will suffer from Reflections.
- Sunder is useful to prevent an allies's death from , , , , , , and .
- Heroes that rely on damage-over-time effects and rot damage ( , , etc.) generally do not have fast enough burst damage to be able to kill Terrorblade before he can get off a sunder.
Works well with...
- protects Terrorblade from death, giving him more time to use his Sunder and leaves his Sundered target on the lowest possible HP.
- offsets some of Terrorblade's weakness to magic damage.
- can keep Terrorblade alive, allowing him to cast Sunder.
- creates even more powerful illusions than Conjure Image increasing pushing power. It can be useful to give him a chance to use Sunder as well.
- Any pushers such as and to split push the lanes.
- heal the user after Terrorblade has used Sunder to gain HP for himself, keeping both parties on the map.