Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
|disables, and generally has a slower attack speed than most carries.is the embodiment of strength, a mighty front line fighter capable of dealing tremendous physical damage to groups of foes at once. A well farmed Sven can destroy an enemy in just a few hits, overpowering other carries with sheer burst damage. However, Sven is vulnerable to kiting and|
- Sven is usually played as a carry. His Great Cleave allows him to kill waves of creeps in no time. While his Storm Hammer can make for some early ganks, Sven should spend most his time farming. The goal is to obtain a , then a crit item like , which multiplies the damage from his God's Strength to deliver his crushing blows.
- Buff allies with Warcry and aura items, and stun the enemies with Storm Hammer.
- Use God's Strength to stay alive with bonus to strength.
- Buy and max out Storm Hammer to gank.
|+1.25sStun Duration||25||+40 STR|
|Dispels Enemies||15||+30 Movement Speed|
|+3 Mana Regen||10||+8 Strength|
Tips & Tactics
- Ranged heroes can easily harass Sven in lane. Make sure he is paired with a support hero.
- Sven is very easy to shut down with good crowd control. Therefore, Sven players need to know exactly when to use their , and when to conserve the charge.
- With enough mana regeneration, it's possible for Sven to be run as a roamer and help land kills with Storm Hammer. Though this limits Sven's early farm significantly, it is possible to catch up in farm and transition into full core with neutral creep stacks and Great Cleave. Consider this strategy if your team has an overabundance of cores, as most heroes are incapable of catching up in farm as easily as Sven can, so denying your other cores of farm could be significantly more detrimental to your team than denying Sven's farm.
- Storm Hammer is one of the best stuns in the game, with a large radius to catch several enemies at once.
- Storm Hammer should be used judiciously, as Sven has very low natural mana.
- Storm Hammer has a very bright and visible effect, and can be disjointed.
- Despite its cast range, it may be useful to conserve Storm Hammer until Sven is relatively close or uses . This ensures that enemies do not spread apart during the projectile's travel time, and maximizes Sven's time to land hits on the target.
- Sometimes it may be wise to avoid leveling Great Cleave early on, as it will greatly push the lane towards the enemy tower, thus making farming more difficult.
- Later in the game, points in Great Cleave is what will allow Sven to farm quickly.
- With enough points in Great Cleave, stacking neutral camps is a viable farming strategy for Sven, as he can clear them fairly easily with most of his skills and gain a gold advantage.
- Great Cleave grants Sven a surprisingly long reach for a melee hero. It is possible for you to indirectly harass your opponents through the splash damage.
- While Warcry should always be used before an engagement, its extra speed and attack damage shield can also be used to disengage from a losing fight.
- Warcry's shield allows Sven to skip sometimes for more aggressive items like .
- Warcry's buff is dispellable, so beware of enemy dispels and .
- Sven may use God's Strength first to boost his own strength, then use Warcry as the ability scales with strength.
- God's Strength is the ability that lets a farmed Sven kill heroes in two or three hits.
- Use God's Strength to clear stacked ancient creeps.
- Because of its long duration, don't hesitate to use it "too early" before a fight. Being jumped without God's Strength active is a huge waste of Sven's potential.
- God's Strength benefit from items that increase Sven's strength like
, not items that increase raw damage.
- Critical Strike from still increases the damage a lot.
- Coupled with any item source of lifesteal, hits while God's Strength is active can replenish Sven's health very quickly.
- Be aware of your opponents' movement speed and abilities when activating God's Strength, as most heroes will attempt to kite Sven during the buff.
- gives Sven attributes, and additional regeneration when combined with .
- supplies early health regeneration to survive the laning stage.
- gives health restoration as well.
- damage block. helps Sven deal with harassment in lane with
- helps Sven stay in lane, and allows for an additional Storm Hammer in a pinch.
- helps Sven last hit more efficiently in early game.
- is needed on all heroes.
- provides burst health and mana, useful to keep Sven alive and using abilities.
- is a good choice to consolidate 's functionality and the minor attribute boosts when starting with .
- give bonuses in attack speed and strength; he can switch to intelligence for more mana to use abilities.
- compensates for Sven's low attack and move speed and allows to farm faster.
- greatly improves Sven's mobility, allowing him to initiate teamfights as well as gank unsuspecting enemies, which can make a big difference in game outcomes.
- disables, and provides a good boost to damage and strength. is the most important core item for Sven. It is his only defense against
- is the attack damage item Sven needs, as it gives Sven the critical chance that allows him to destroy enemies in just a few hits.
- can be considered in the late game, as the negative armor debuff, attack speed and massive armor gain allow for Sven to truly become a tank.
- is a good early teamfight item as it provides overall growth in damage and attack speed as well as additional health and armor while active.
- essentially acts as a crit, allowing Sven's burst to increase significantly for a cheap price. With , Echo Sabre gives Sven twice the chance to crit.
- enables Sven to quickly get into combat and survive teamfights. It can be bought if Sven's early game does not go well enough to afford bigger items.
- is a natural pickup in late game.
- evasion items against Sven. is often necessary to counter heroes who purchase
- provides Sven with a good amount of survivability and damage. The active synergizes well with Sven's high damage, ensuring that he will be able to get back into full health in just a few hits.
- break helps Sven against passive defenses. can be an alternative to Blink Dagger, and its
- is an easy item to build if Sven is struggling to build up gold. Its extra movement speed makes it harder for enemies to kite Sven.
- grants a huge boost in attack speed. It is a powerful luxury item that ensures Sven's continued dominance in a winning game.
- not only provides Sven with much better survivability, it also gives a lot strength bonus, which greatly increases the damage from God's Strength.