Scythe of Vyse
|Scythe of Vyse|
|The most guarded relic among the cult of Vyse, it is the most coveted weapon among magi.|
For the cosmetic item equipped by Nature's Prophet, see Scythe of Vyse (Equipment). For the ability used by Necrophos, see Reaper's Scythe.
- For strength heroes, it grants 200 health, 1 health regen, 1.6 armor, 10 attack speed, 420 mana, 10.75 mana regen and 10 attack damage.
- For agility heroes, it grants 200 health, 1 health regen, 1.6 armor, 10 attack speed, 420 mana, 10.75 mana regen and 10 attack damage.
- For intelligence heroes, it grants 200 health, 1 health regen, 1.6 armor, 10 attack speed, 420 mana, 10.75 mana regen and 35 attack damage.
- Applies a hex on the target, setting its base movement speed to 140, silencing, muting and disarming it.
- Since hex changes base movement speed and does not actually apply a slow, all speed effects are calculated using the 140 base speed.
- Hex instantly destroys illusions.
- Scythe of Vyse's hex transforms the target into a pig.
Heroes whose default item build includes Scythe of Vyse as a core item
Heroes whose default item build includes Scythe of Vyse as a situational item
Strength:, , , , .
Agility:, , , , , .
Intelligence:, , , , , , , , , , . , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , .
- Combine it with a blink or invisibility to surprise your target and approach and hit him while he is hexed. You can also use those items to catch an enemy that is running away.
- Useful against enemies that have items to dispel debuffs like , , to use a in combination.
- Extremely powerful against heroes with high DPS, escape abilities, disablers, debuffs and carrying initiation or escape items like
, , , , .
- Alternatively a and can put an enemy carry out of a fight, unable to attack, it is useful against heroes hard to reach with high attack range.
- As a support it can be worth to use hex on an enemy carry using .
- In the original DotA, this item was known as Guinsoo's Scythe of Vyse, as a tribute to one of the developers of DotA: Allstars, who went on to co-create League of Legends.
- This item is known by many players (and referred to by several in-game Heroes) as "Sheepstick" due to turning targeted heroes into sheep in DotA. However, in Dota 2, targeted units turn into a pig.
- The shop's search bar also accepts "sheepstick" or just "sheep" as a search term for Scythe of Vyse.
- The item's name may be a reference to the Sega RPG Skies of Arcadia. The main character, Vyse, has been depicted wielding a scythe in early concept art.