Razor, the Lightning Revenant, is a ranged agility hero who works as a position-based tank/carry that employs his abilities to deal massive damage in a relatively short amount of time, chase down the fleeing injured with his speed, and inflict debuffs on more powerful foes. Razor prefers to keep his position or kite his enemies allowing his spells to unleash its full potential. Known for being a great anti-carry hero, Razor specializes in using his opponent's own powers against them, draining them of their damage and using it to smite them, as well as damaging, slowing, and dispelling them of buffs should they stay too close to him. His ultimate, Eye of the Storm, further enhances his carry-killing powers by inflicting constant, armor-shattering, lightning strikes on the foe with the lowest HP within a 500 radius. For those who rely on their pure brute force alone to fight, there is truly no escape from the Underscape.
- Plasma Field interrupts Razor's channeling spells upon cast.
- Plasma Field expands and retracts at a speed of 636, taking 1.1 seconds to fully expand.
- The damage and slow are applied upon expanding and upon retracting, so each enemy can be hit twice. The slow debuff fully stacks.
- Plasma Field's effect area is actually a 200 radius ring, which is right in front of the actual visible ring.
- This means that upon cast, it instantly hits units within 200 radius and can hit units up to 900 range away.
- So upon expanding, the effects hits 200 range before the visible ring hits, and upon retracting, the effects hits after the ring passed the units already.
- Plasma Field is centered on and follows Razor.
- Plasma Field provides 700 radius flying vision during the 2.2 second effect, following Razor and leaving a trail of vision which lasts 2 seconds.
- Static Link is broken when either unit dies or the link gets stretched more than 800 range. Nothing else can break the link.
- Static Link keeps stealing damage even if the target's damage has reached 0.
- The distance between Razor and the target is checked right before each damage steal interval. If the distance is greater upon check, the link breaks.
- Static Link provides shared vision over the target while draining.
- Drains 1.75/3.5/5.25/7 ( 3.5/5.25/7/8.75) damage in 0.25 second intervals, starting 0.25 seconds after cast, resulting in 32 instances.
- Multiple casts of Static Link stack with each other, each cast placing its own debuff on the target and buff on Razor.
- However, the vision modifier does not stack. It disappears as soon as the first link ends.
- The damage does not happen instantly when triggered, but is delayed by 0.3 seconds.
- Once triggered, the area damage will happen, even if there is no enemy within the area anymore.
- Unstable Current triggers regardless of Razor's current status. It triggers even when disabled or when invisible.
- The ability icon shows a cooldown whenever the effect triggers. However, this has only informative purposes.
- This means that using does not refresh it, although visually the icon gets refreshed.
- This also means it is not affected by the Cooldown Reduction.
- and affect the cooldown visually, but do not affect the downtime in any way.
- Eye of the Storm always targets the unit with the lowest current health in range first.
- If there are multiple units with the same lowest health in range, Eye of the Storm chooses between them randomly.
- The storm prioritises enemies which have the Vision modifier on them, striking them over any other unit when within range, regardless of health values.
- When there are multiple enemies with the Static Link Vision modifier within strike range, the storm chooses between them randomly on each strike.
- The armor reduction debuff on units lasts as long as the storm, or until Razor dies.
- The strikes first deal their damage and then apply the armor reduction.
- The strikes are not regular attacks, so they fully ignore effects such as evasion and Damage Block.
- This also means that they cannot trigger the on-attack effects of , and or break enemy .
- buildings. upgraded Eye of the Storm does not lower the armor of
- Aghanim's Scepter upgraded Eye of the Storm always prioritizes units over buildings and fully ignores filler buildings.
- Eye of the Storm can strike up to 42/50/60 ( 50/60/75) times and deal up to 1680/2750/4200 ( 2000/3300/5250) damage (before reductions).
- With the talent, it can strike up to 50/60/75 ( 60/75/100) times and deal up to 2000/3300/5250 ( 2400/4125/7000) damage (before reductions).
- When Razor turns invisible, the whole storm and its strike turn invisible as well, but still strike nearby enemies without them seeing or hearing them.
- Eye of the Storm immediately ends when Razor dies.
|+200Damage||25||+100 Attack Speed|
|-0.1Strike Interval||20||+10 Armor|
|+4%Movement Speed||15||+7Damage Steal|
|+15 Agility||10||+225 Health|
- adds to Razor's already decent starting attributes.
- helps Razor stay in lane with health regeneration.
- can save Razor by restoring his health.
- may keep Razor alive with burst health.
- gives burst mana so Razor can use Plasma Field to finish off his enemies in the early game.
- can help Razor get off an extra Plasma Field.
- , combined with Unstable Current, make Razor one of the fastest heroes in the early game.
- helps with regeneration if Razor is playing in mid, as his superior movement speed helps him reach runes faster.
- grants attributes and more charges to restore health and mana.
- allow Razor to catch up to enemies and keep them within range of Static Link and Eye of the Storm.
- enhances attributes, attack speed, and movement speed.
- rooting the enemies to keep them in range of Static Link and Eye of the Storm. adds attributes, as well as
- provides many bonuses including movement speed and status resistance, helping Razor keep enemies within range of his abilities.
- spell immunity negates numerous disables, allowing Razor to keep up with enemies. 's
- 's evasion and movement speed make Razor more difficult for enemy carries to take down, so he can live and drain more damage.
- upgrades Eye of the Storm's damage output, as well as helping Razor take down buildings faster.
- magic resistance, magical damage absorption, and health regeneration. protects Razor against magical damage with
- channeling like Town Portal Scroll. 's Cyclone holds target in place so Razor can continue to drain their damage. Furthermore, it increases movement speed so Razor can keep the enemies within range, as well as providing a way to interrupt
- helps Razor last longer in lane, increases his attack speed, and allows him to dominate a creep to scout, use its abilities, or attack.
- deters enemies from attacking, letting Razor stay alive longer when using Static Link and Eye of the Storm.
- allows Razor to use and pursue enemies with Static Link and Eye of the Storm with invisibility. Enemies cannot hear or see the sounds and visual effects from his abilities, but they will still do damage.
- increases Razor's attack range and attributes, as well as giving him a tool to escape or position himself.
- increases defense with armor and aura that decreases enemy attack speed. The active ability slows enemy movement speed to keep them within abilities' ranges of Razor.
- 's armor reduction works well with Eye of the Storm. It also provides attack speed and armor aura to keep Razor and teammates alive.
- gives a sizeable amount of health and attributes, as well as a slow to keep enemies in range.
- gives Razor durability with strength and health, helping him stay alive and keep Eye of the Storm active for as long as possible.
- allows Razor to keep two instances of Eye of the Storm active at the same time, dealing heavy damage and armor reduction. Combined with , Eye of the Storm can hit buildings twice as often.
|Roles:||Carry Durable Nuker Pusher|
|Playstyle:||The whip that ushers the dead through the Narrow Maze brings just as much pain on the battlefield. The Lightning Revenant radiates a Plasma Field that shocks nearby foes, once upon expansion, and again upon contraction. He connects to enemy heroes with a Static Link, transferring their power to his own reserves. Charged with an Unstable Current, Razor hovers effortlessly off the ground, and sends jolts of electricity to those who dare come too close. In the Eye of the Storm, one finds Razor, watching and delighting in his work as bolts of lightning reduce his foes to charred remains.|
- Razor's alternate/fun name was Gillette, which is also the name of a reputable brand of shaving razors.
- Razor's attack response ▶️ "Ride the Lightning!" is also the name of a Metallica's album and song (which references execution via electric chair).
- Razor's response upon picking the ▶️ "There is a lightning that never goes out." is a reference to a song "There is a light that never goes out" by The Smiths.
- Razor's response "Conduct me where you will." is also a line said by Scrooge in A Christmas Carol.