|is an elusive hero who misleads and disrupts enemies with disabling items and abilities. Though vulnerable, Puck is able to initiate on enemy teams, silencing and locking down opponents before teleporting away in a glowing orb. However, Puck's arsenal of tricks and items require sharp situational awareness during teamfights, and may overwhelm newer players. Nonetheless, a well-played Puck can escape nearly any situation, and return to repeatedly disable opponents for its teammates.|
|Rapid Fire||25||+420 Gold/Min|
|+90 Damage||15||+15% Spell Amplification|
|+125 Cast Range||10||+5 All Stats|
- The all stats talent effectively grants Puck 100 health, 0.5 health regen, 0.4% magic resistance, 0.8 armor, 5 attack speed, 0.25% movement speed, 60 mana, 0.25 mana regen, 0.35% spell damage and 5 attack damage.
- This attack damage talent is added as raw attack damage, so it does not benefit illusions, and is not affected by most percentage-based damage increasing or reducing effects.
- Gold granted from the talent is unreliable gold.
Tips & Tactics
- Puck often plays in the middle lane, but can also play a solo lane against multiple opponents due to its slippery nature.
- As a mid hero, Puck has easy access to runes with Illusory Orb, and can gank the side lanes with Dream Coil.
- With , Puck becomes a capable, albeit fragile, initiator.
- Puck deals significant magical damage in the early game with Illusory Orb and Waning Rift.
- Puck's abilities, as well as its tendency to buy items with active abilities, makes it a busy multitasker in teamfights. Knowing when to use which ability/item is key to playing well.
- A good initiation combo starts with hide, then Ethereal Jaunt to teleport to the Orb.
, then Waning Rift, then Dream Coil, then Illusory Orb through as many enemies as possible but in a safe direction, Phase Shift to
- Waning Rift's silence is long enough to execute this combination.
- To escape, use Illusory Orb then Phase Shift right after, then use Ethereal Jaunt to teleport to the orb.
- Puck is a very versatile hero, and builds can vary depending on the game. For example you sometimes want to build nuke items if the enemy team consists of squishy heroes.
* More tips needed.
- Use Illusory Orb in lane to harass opponents, or to get a few extra last hits.
- After using Illusory Orb, move in the opposite direction to present enemies with a dilemma, forcing them to choose one direction, while Puck escapes by choosing whether or not to Ethereal Jaunt.
- If Puck uses Illusory Orb just before dying, it can buy back instantly and return to the fight with Ethereal Jaunt.
- Puck can travel quickly with Illusory Orb because the orb moves faster than Puck, and can fly over cliffs and trees.
- Illusory Orb can function as Puck's initiation tool before he has a .
- Puck often relies on Illusory Orb for survival, only use it to farm when it is safe, or use it to finish off the wave and jaunt away.
- More tips needed.
- When initiating, use Waning Rift right after jumping in with so enemies cannot disable Puck before it uses Dream Coil.
- If Phase Shift is on cooldown, use Waning Rift to silence enemies, giving Puck's escape mechanisms more time to come off cooldown without being disabled.
- More tips needed.
- During the early game, use Phase Shift to avoid attacks from towers and enemy units.
- Puck can harass the enemy heroes with attacks, then use Phase Shift to avoid taking damage from creeps by removing creep aggro.
- Use Phase Shift right after Illusory Orb to hide until the orb has travelled far enough to jaunt to.
- Level 4 Phase Shift's duration is long enough to wait out 's damage cooldown, allowing Puck to escape from many dangerous situations.
- With fast enough reaction time, Phase Shift may help Puck dodge an incoming initiation, allowing it to counter-initiate with Waning Rift and Dream Coil.
- Max level Phase Shift toghether with an arcane rune allows Puck to be essentially invincible, giving 100% uptime to Phase Shift. This can be used to make very aggresive plays and get out safely.
- More tips needed.
- Use Dream Coil's leash to interrupt and prevent enemies from escaping with teleport abilities or items, like Town Portal Scroll.
- Dream Coil will catch enemies who are not in vision.
- Try to catch enemies at the edge of Dream Coil's cast radius, making it more likely that they will break the coil and be stunned.
- Dream Coil's relatively low cooldown means Puck can use it on high value single targets, such as an enemy carry.
- Level 25 Rapid Fire works just slightly within Puck's attack range, around 540 aoe (Puck's attack range is 550). Having a or will increase this range.
- Puck will still rapid fire even it is stunned, hexed, being in ethereal form, shackled, disarmed, and even dead.
- Rapid fire also works when Puck is activating Phase Shift. While going into a team fight with Illusory Orb and capturing enemies inside this coil, save Puck for the next 3.25 seconds with Phase Shift and Blink away. It will rapid fire all enemy in range and leave Puck unharmed.
- Also works with attack modifiers such as , , , , , and lifesteal items.
- Having at least a will keep Puck alive in the team fight since it heals Puck by the number of enemies coiled.
- While rapid firing all enemies, activating will break all enemies in the coil upon the next rapid fire attack.
- Having a or may not work well since chance of stunning enemies is only 10% for Puck.
- More tips needed.
- helps keep Puck in lane.
- allows Puck to use Illusory Orb more often in lane.
- and its components gives Puck a decent early game attributes boost.
- supplies an instant heal and attack damage, which may give Puck an edge in trading hits and killing creeps.
- helps Puck sustain mana and health to keep active in the mid lane.
- helps Puck manages rune from the mid lane, as well as replenishing mana for its early game nukes.
- increase movement speed to help Puck get to runes.
- helps Puck rotate to different lanes and help out allies.
- help Puck in the early to mid game, as they supplement both Puck's small health pool, as well as its mana pool.
- , an alternative to Power Treads, help Puck use its magical nukes more often in the early to mid game.
- provides great synergy with Puck's abilities and further augments its evasive nature.
- offers another disable, as well as keeping Puck safe for a few extra seconds until its other escape abilities come off cooldown.
- increases Puck's damage output with magical burst and intelligence.
- makes Puck even harder to pin down, and provides great attributes and regeneration.
- provides mana and mana regeneration, helping Puck use its expensive abilities. It also provides hex for Puck to disable the enemies.
- helps increase your team's magical damage output in the mid game.
- helps put Puck ahead to obtain items and talents, as Puck does not require any particular item after getting .
- gives Puck extra mobility. Puck can also use it to break Dream Coil and trigger a stun.
- increases mana pool and armor to resist physical damage. It also provides an area nuke and slow.
- spell immunity, great if allies can force the stun. Combined with the Level 25 Rapid Fire modifier, Puck will have more time to fire extra attacks. grants attributes and increases duration of Dream Coil to better control the enemies. It also prolongs the stun duration and pierces