- stops Attribute Shift (Strength Gain) from recovering additional health, and using it will even bring Morphling closer to the shatter threshold.
- In lane, slows Morphling's already poor movement speed to a crawl; this, coupled with the amplification of magic damage, can set up an early kill on Morphling if Ancient Apparition has a suitable lane partner.
- causes Morphling's into Adaptive Strike combo to deal significantly less damage.
- Additionally, his ability allows him to quickly reduce Morphling's mana to a low value, either removing him from a fight, or forcing him to Attribute Shift (Strength Gain) to survive.
- Arc Warden can counter Morphling's strong pushing capabilities by using to protect buildings.
- Arc Warden also often builds an or , which can prove dangerous for Morphling.
- Arc Warden can easily break with and then slow him with , making Arc Warden's a legitimate threat as well.
- is not blocked by and can silence Morphling, preventing Morphling from using Waveform or Attribute Shift to escape from ganks.
- In addition, and provide solid lockdown if used together.
- Most of Morphling's armor comes from his high agility and it is reduced by .
- On the other hand, aura has only 350 range and Elder Titan can be burst down by Morphling's nuke combo.
- rapidly crushes Morphling's already low mana pool making him is unable to use Waveform or Adaptive Strike. Additionally, prevents these abilities as well.
- An + combo can burst an unwary Morphling down if he has his strength fully shifted to agility.
- Alternatively, Morphling can initiate onto Lion and use the latter's own skills through to disable and kill him.
- disables , effectively keeping Morphling in place for extended periods in a teamfight allowing Meepo to deal considerable damage with .
- long duration stun can prevent Morphling from casting his Waveform or Morph Replicate, make him unable to escape and easier to gank.
- also allows Mirana's team to surprise Morphling while he tries to push towers.
- Mirana usually buys to protect herself from single-target abilities, making Morphling's Adaptive Strike and harder to use on her.
- However, Mirana also provides a chance to become a good Morph target, allowing Morph to use to run away, if necessary.
- deals pure damage, effectively bypassing Morphling's high armor from Attribute Shift (Agility Gain) and Magic Resistance from Attribute Shift (Strength Gain) respectively.
- is more effective against low health pool and intelligence Morphling, enabling OD to burst Morphling down before he can Morph to Strength.
- Rubick's ability to steal Attribute Shift (Strength Gain) makes him extremely annoying to deal with because Rubick's shifted attributes will remain even if he steals a new spell.
- If Rubick moves enough points to strength and then steals Adaptive Strike, he will have a powerful 3-second range stun in his arsenal as well.
- provides a reliable nuke/escape to Rubick.
- 's low cooldown allows him to deal consistent damage to Morphling, and is a viable way to disable Linken's Sphere.
- prevents Morphling from using any of his skills, giving Skywrath and his team ample time to burst Morphling down.
- coupled with a stun/root can easily burst Morphling down, especially if he has more stats shifted to Agility.
- Alternatively, Morphling can use Morph to use Skywrath's own silence and nukes against him.
- Heroes with silencing abilities that are not blocked by Linken's Sphere, like Puck's , Death Prophet's or Silencer's .
- 's on level 4 reduces Morphling's high base damage by 40%.
- 's turns Morphling's high attack damage and attack speed against his targeted teammate.
- 's can finish off a low-health Morphling.
- Any Hero with high damage output who can burst down Morphling quickly before he has time to use
- and - both items can silence Morphling, preventing him from using his skills to survive and/or escape. The latter also amplifies physical damage Morphling takes.
- can place a 5.5 seconds undispellable disarm on Morphling, forcing Morphling to resort to his nukes to deal damage.
- - Reduces the strength Morphling gains using attribute shift by 70%.
- - Fully disables Morphling and allows enemy team to burst him down.
- - enemies who can blink and disable Morphling before he can Morph into Strength, like , , , , , , .
- N'aix is a great target for Morphling to use , as he can use Lifestealer's and to gain magic immunity/attack speed and a slow/lifesteal, respectively.
- Morphling can escape from using Waveform. can also be used to dispel the silence from .
- Morphling can easily kill Bloodseeker with his and combo if either hero is under the effects of .
- Morphling can easily escape from with .
- Even if trapped in , Morphling can use Attribute Shift (Strength Gain) to survive until they disappear.
- However, Morphling should be wary of using his combo on a Clockwerk protected by .
- Morphling can easily use Waveform to close the gap between him and Drow Ranger, but should be careful of her silence and movement slowing attacks.
- Morphling is a natural Manta Style carrier, which dispels the silence from Drow Ranger's gust.
- Morphling can ignore Spirit Bear and shorten the distance to Lone Druid with Waveform.
- Morphling can use his nukes to burst Lone Druid down, provided he is not rooted/disabled by Lone Druid's Bear beforehand.
- Morphling can easily break Razor's with Waveform. Alternatively, Morphling can Morph into Razor and use the same ability against him.
- Morphling's high armor makes Razor's mostly ineffective, enabling Morphling to fight Razor for longer.
- Razor has no lock-down abilities, enabling Morphling to avoid his skills as needed.
- Morphling's high mobility allows him to easily get close to Sniper, who likes to keep his distance from enemies.
- Sniper's low health also makes him extremely vulnerable to Morphling's + combo.
Works well with...
- gives Morphling a great deal of additional attack speed, which pairs well with his high base damage.
- Having similar item builds, Morphling can be effective by impersonating Drow Ranger, with fast right-clicks, low consuming abilities, additional silencing skill and even abuse of Ethereal Blade in her form.
- Morphling can help burst down enemies with magic damage by combining his own ethereal combo with Tiny's Toss and Avalanche combo.
- Morph can be used on Tiny, after choosing the proper talent at Level 20, providing a multitude of possibilities. Two Toss / Avalanche provides more stun/burst damage, and two Tree Grab provide an amazing lane and tower pushing potential.
- works as a budget for Morphling to deal more magic damage, allowing Morphling to build other items instead.
- can very quickly heal Morphling to full HP after morphing to full agility.
- At level 20 Morphling can turn into Pugna, granting your team double Nether Ward.
- KoTL's coupled with Morphling's can net Morphling some easy kills in lane, giving him a gold advantage.
- helps alliviate Morphling's low mana pool, allowing him to use his skills more often.
- Crystal Maiden's and combos very well with Morphling's Waveform, enabling him to get some kills in lane.
- provides Morphling with some much needed mana regeneration, allowing him to cast his nukes more often.
- Heroes with burst magic damage will enjoy Morphling's : , , etc.
- Heroes with disables who provide Morphling with the chance to kill the target with right clicks: , , , , , .
- makes strong illusions of Morphling that usualy have high attributes. Morph can, in turn, Morph into and make another 2 copies of Morphling's copy, adding 2 illusions to the fray. Considering Morphling can also wield a , it's possible having a wave of 6 copies of Morphling plus the original. Good for pushing in late stages of the game.
- synergises perfectly with Morphling's .
- When the talent "Waveform Attacks Targets" is chosen (level 20), items such as or come in handy to fast clear creep waves or illusions, specially useful against heroes with many copies, like , , and , given that each affected target can proc its own chain lightning or critical. These items are even stronger if the talent "2 Waveform Charges" is also chosen at level 25.