Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
|disable, nuke, push, escape and gank in any number of situations. The teamwide invisibility from her is one of the best ganking tools in the game. Depending on the lineup, Mirana is capable of playing as a carry, semi-carry, roamer, support, and even has minor jungling capabilities.is a very well-rounded hero who can fill almost any role required by her team. Her array of spells gives her the ability to|
Mirana is usually played as a roamer. In the early game, she uses Sacred Arrow to stun enemies in lane, setting allies up for a kill. When roaming, Mirana should also buy wards when necessary. As the game progresses, Mirana can gradually transform into a more damage-oriented hero, although she will rarely match a true carry.
If Mirana has a good early game, she can progress directly to a carry. Items likeand will greatly increase her damage. For effective ganking presence, an will allow her to hit the same enemy three times with Starstorm, dealing high burst damage.
|+25 Mana Break||20||+12% Spell Amplification|
|+200 Health||10||+15 Damage|
Tips & Tactics
- Because of her low base strength and mediocre strength growth, Mirana is quite frail unless she builds survivability items; instead, she focuses on leveraging Leap and Moonlight Shadow to give herself and her team strategic advantages over the enemy, which can transition into victorious ganks and teamfights. As well, her poor intelligence growth means that unless she is built as a support with mana items, she will often have to rely on teammates to provide her with mana via Arcane Boots or mana-replenishing abilities.
- Be mindful that with her pitiful base damage and slow projectile speed, Mirana often has trouble last-hitting to get gold and experience in the laning stage. When played as a carry, purchasing starting items that boost Mirana's attack damage can greatly aid in last-hitting.
- One of carry Mirana's greatest strengths is that, as a ranged agility hero, her physical damage is able to scale well without relying on attack modifiers. As such, she is able to build any attack modifier as she sees fit according to the situation.
- Mirana's spells can be difficult to use properly due to her long 0.5 second cast animation, almost twice as long as most other heroes. This is especially true for Sacred Arrow, as the cast animation, projectile travel speed and enemy movement must all be taken into account. Be sure to position accordingly and cast ahead of time in order to account for this.
- Because both of her escape abilities are spells that must be cast, Mirana is particularly vulnerable to silences that prevent her from using Leap and Moonlight Shadow. As such, building an item that allows her to dispel debuffs from herself is crucial no matter what role she is played in.
- Mirana's item and skill build can change drastically depending on what role she plays and how much farm priority she is given. There is no one-size-fits-all build for Mirana, as she can change her skill and item build depending on the situation, and even alter it in the middle of matches.
- In general, as a carry, Mirana focuses on increasing her survivability and building items to boost the power of her physical attacks, and using her spells to gank or help in setting up kills to further boost her gold gain. Due to her mediocre attribute growth, she focuses on ambushing and ganking enemies through hit-and-run attacks rather than taking their carry head-on. Mirana can be played as a carry in the safe lane, or as a semi-carry in the offlane due to her ability to use Leap to escape enemy gank attempts.
- As an early-game roamer, Mirana focuses on using Sacred Arrow to set up First Blood for her team. Successful kills on important enemy heroes, particularly their mid-laner or solo offlaner, can greatly set them back and give Mirana's team a strong laning advantage, which can transition into a farm and experience advantage from the mid-game onward. If successful, Mirana herself can transition into building utility items for her team, and play a semi-carry role.
- When played as a support, Mirana initially focuses on building items to increase the size of her mana pool, and using her spells to add nuke damage and disable to teamfights. She then transitions into building support items that provide utility for her team, as well as performing the other normal support duties. Support Mirana generally babysits her safe lane carry, occasionally roaming to the mid-lane for kill attempts with Sacred Arrow.
- Starstorm calls down meteors that strike all enemy units near Mirana, with a second star striking the closest unit for additional damage.
- Starstorm is a general-purpose magic nuke that allows Mirana to deal damage to all nearby enemies, as well as additional bonus damage to the closest unit.
- Because of its area nuke ability, Starstorm is a good spell to max out early in a core farming role. The wide area damage combined with the low cooldown allows Mirana to farm creep waves and neutral camps very quickly, bolstering her gold and experience gain.
- Be mindful that Starstorm's mana cost increases with each level, which can hinder Mirana's ability to cast it repeatedly. It is recommended to secure a reliable source of mana replenishment if you intend on using it to farm over long periods of time.
- In order to utilize the damage of the second star, try to stand as close as possible to the target you want to take the extra damage prior to casting the spell. The target for the second star is determined upon initial cast, so subsequent movement will not affect it.
- Starstorm's large fall radius allows it to hit all enemy units in a surprisingly wide area. If casting the spell to hit as many enemies as possible, try to stand as close to the center of their formation as possible.
- Sacred Arrow, Mirana's signature ability, throws an arrow in the targeted direction, dealing damage and stunning the first enemy it hits based on its travel duration. If it hits a non-friendly non-Ancient creep, it is instantly killed.
- Sacred Arrow is considered one of the most difficult spells to land in the entire game, however landing a long-ranged arrow can deal tremendous damage and stun an enemy for up to five seconds, making them easy prey for Mirana and her team.
- Depending on Mirana's role, Sacred Arrow has differing priorities for maxing out. As it is single-target and only increases in damage as it is leveled up, it can be useful with only a value point when playing in a core role, as it is capable of stunning enemies for up to 5 seconds at all levels. As a support or roamer, maxing it out early allows Mirana to deal lots of damage to enemies in ganks, along with the stun duration.
- When using Sacred Arrow to make gank attempts during the laning stage, use terrain cover and directional angles to your advantage. As trees are shrouded in the fog of war, firing from the direction of a treeline gives enemy players less time to see the arrow coming and dodge it. As well, firing the arrow from behind the enemy can give it the element of surprise, as players tend to be focused on the creep wave and their lane opponent(s) and will not expect to be hit with an arrow from the opposite direction.
- Be sure to predict the enemy's intentions when casting Sacred Arrow at them. If an enemy player is going to approach a creep to last-hit it, firing Sacred Arrow at that point ahead of time can cause it to land as they approach and stop to last-hit. If an enemy is attempting to juke Mirana or her allies through trees, casting Sacred Arrow at their predicted path can hit them as they attempt to run away. If an opponent is actively trying to avoid the spell, it is possible to outwit them by firing the arrow in an obvious direction rather than trying to predict an obvious juking path that they know that you expect them to use.
- Sacred Arrow can be made much easier to land when combined with a leading disable by an ally. Abilities like and can pin an enemy in place long enough for a long-ranged Sacred Arrow to find its mark and disable the target for a further five seconds.
- Used as a counter-gank spell, Sacred Arrow has the ability to completely turn teamfights around. If an ally is being chased by multiple enemies, firing a Sacred Arrow down their retreat path can force them to break pursuit, or can stun an enemy and leave them vulnerable for counterattack. The fleeing teammate can help facilitate this by juking through trees and forcing pursuers to follow a predictable path, or turn around and make the enemy stop in a predetermined location to be hit by the arrow.
- If Sacred Arrow hits a non-friendly creep that is not an Ancient, it will instantly kill it regardless of level or travel distance. This can be useful for farming during down-time, as the spell can instantly kill the largest creep in a neutral camp or can immediately destroy a siege creep in-lane.
- Sacred Arrow provides a large amount of flying vision as it travels. This allows the spell to be used for scouting purposes, firing it along treelines to search out enemies. In particular, it can be useful for scouting out split-pushers who can hide inside trees like , and .
- Beware that Sacred Arrow is almost worthless at point-blank range, dealing almost no damage and very little stun duration. Unless you need the mini-stun to interrupt a channeling ability, it is better to simply use physical attacks at close range rather than trying to hit the target with an arrow.
- Leap is an instant-cast re-positioning spell that causes Mirana to jump forward in her facing direction, buffing herself with increased movement and attack speed.
- Because of its ability to re-position Mirana instantly, Leap is a very strong ability to use for initiations and escape. At least one early value point should be taken no matter what role Mirana is played in.
- Combined with Sacred Arrow and Starstorm, Mirana is capable of inflicting large amounts of damage during ganks. Upon successfully hitting a target with a long-range Sacred Arrow, she can quickly Leap in for the kill, putting her within range for a double Starstorm and buffing her attack speed as she uses her physical attacks to finish the hapless target off.
- Leap goes down in mana cost and cooldown alongside increasing its speed bonuses and displacement distance as it is leveled up. If mobility is important, maxing Leap out early can give Mirana increased survivability and boost her offensive potential through the attack speed bonus.
- Because of its instant cast time, Leap can be used to easily disjoint incoming enemy projectiles as needed, instead of simply re-positioning her and boosting her mobility. As well, it is capable of displacing Mirana over terrain, allowing her to jump over cliffs and through trees in order to evade pursuers.
- When using Leap as an escape ability, it can help to cast it as early as possible. As Mirana herself is also empowered by the movement and attack speed bonus, jumping to safety early on can boost her movement speed immediately and allow her to speed away from enemy pursuers.
- Leap cannot free Mirana from roots or leashes like , forcing her to build Black King Bar.
- Moonlight Shadow globally places a buff on all allied heroes, causing them to fade into invisibility and increases movement speed for as long as they do not attack, or use abilities or items for the duration of the buff.
- Moonlight Shadow is an extremely strong ganking spell, as it acts just like to give Mirana's team a strong initiating advantage.
- Used as an escape ability, Moonlight Shadow provides invisibility and movement speed boost not only to Mirana, but also to teammates no matter where they are. The ability can be used to globally save teammates from enemy ganks so long as they don't have detection.
- Beware that when casting Moonlight Shadow to gank, all allies who are within enemy vision will be marked by the moon symbol, allowing enemies to see that the spell is active during the initial fade time. This can give away that a gank is afoot, allowing the enemy to retreat or even set up a counter-gank.
- Be sure not to be too complacent when casting Moonlight Shadow, as it is still possible for enemies to use detection and spot out Mirana and her allies. This can be particularly dangerous if Mirana and her team are grouped too closely together while ganking, as enemies can cast area disables to great effect.
- provide Mirana with additional damage and armor, greatly improving her last-hitting power and giving her some additional survivability against enemy harass.
- sustains Mirana's HP, preventing the enemy from harassing her out of lane.
- also restores health to Mirana.
- allows Mirana to cast her spells more than once or twice in the laning stage, particularly because of her small base mana pool and the high cost of her nukes, particularly Sacred Arrow.
- ferries items to allies.
- gains vision on enemies, allowing her to use Sacred Arrow more effectively.
- helps destroy enemy vision, preventing them from spotting Mirana's approach and dodge her arrows.
- is very useful to purchase early on Mirana, as her small HP and mana pools mean that she benefits greatly from the burst regen.
- allow Mirana to go on the offensive, using her respectable base movement speed and ranged attacks to attack and harass enemies. It also allows for more easy positioning for casting Sacred Arrow, and chasing down or fleeing with Leap.
- sustains mana and health, as well as giving Mirana ability to store runes to use at the right opportunities.
- is a cheap upgrade to Magic Stick, providing extra attributes and increased charge storage. Because Mirana's HP and mana pools remain quite low without additional items, an instant restoration to HP and mana is greatly beneficial to her.
- provide Mirana with additional bonuses to attack speed and attributes. With good attribute switching, Mirana can increase her strength for increased survivability, agility for more damage output, or intelligence for casting her spells.
- is very powerful on Mirana, as it gives her immense burst magical damage on either single targets or groups of enemies, giving her bonus teamfight/ganking presence during the early-mid part of the game. Scepter also gives her decent stats across the board and opens up new items possibilities, allowing Mirana to be played as a powerful nuker instead of a right-click hero.
- lets Mirana position right on top of an enemy to rain down upgraded Starstorm.
- is a very strong carry item in Mirana's hands. It provides a large boost to her agility, and increases her damage and attack speed to greatly improve the potency of her physical attacks. The bonus evasion increases her survivability, and the active can be used to improve her mobility in emergencies.
- gives Mirana all-around stats as well as boosting her HP and mana regen. Spellblock further improves Mirana's survivability, allowing her to ignore an enemy's initiating targeted disable, which can give her the time she needs to escape with Leap if ganked.
- can be crucial to purchase depending on what enemies Mirana is facing. Not only does the item provide spell immunity, but it is also capable of dispelling certain debuffs that Manta Style cannot, allowing Mirana to stand her ground and fight.
- improves Mirana's physical attacks, providing a boost to agility as well as allowing her attacks to burn mana. The active can greatly slow enemies, making them easy targets for Sacred Arrow.
- is a strong mid-game item that gives Mirana more damage output. Because she can stun enemies for long durations with Sacred Arrow and boost allied attack speed with Leap, the armor reduction on enemy targets makes them easy prey for Mirana and her allies.
- is a situational purchase that aids Mirana in fighting enemies that have evasion. It improves Mirana's damage output through increased attack damage and Piere procs.
- improves her attack damage and giving her the chance to inflict critical strikes, Mirana can take advantage of her high attack speed and lay waste to foes.
- greatly improves Mirana's fighting power and gives her yet another way to buff her team's effectiveness. The greatly increased armor makes Mirana much more survivable against physical damage, while the bonus attack speed allows her to utilize her physical attacks to great effect. The aura can be used alongside Leap to greatly increase teammates' combat effectiveness by providing them with movement speed, armor and attack speed, along with reducing nearby enemies' armor to further increase the potency of allies' physical attacks.
- is a very strong item to purchase on Mirana. It improves her stats across the board, mitigating her small health and mana pools while also providing bonus agility for increased physical damage output. The Cold Attack passive allows Mirana to slow her targets, which can be used alongside Leap to create a large movement and attack speed disparity between Mirana's team and her foes.
- is a strong attack modifier item to purchase on Mirana. It greatly empowers her attack speed and gives her the ability to deal area magical damage, synergizing with Leap and Starstorm. The active can be placed on your team's lead initiator, allowing them to deal additional area magical damage during teamfights.
- should be considered if was purchased, since combined they deal huge amounts of magical damage - the combined burst damage can leave a hero with very little health or even kill them if their hp is on the lower part of the scale. The additional agility is also very useful, as it increases Mirana's right-click power as well as her resistance to physical attacks. The active will also help allied wizards at dealing damage to the affected enemy, further securing a kill for your team, and can be combined with to deal even more magic burst.
- gives Mirana a large amount of bonus agility and attack speed, as well as increased strength and intelligence for overall increased resilience. The active can be used to remove debuffs from Mirana, allowing her to use escape abilities, create illusions to deal more damage when on the offensive, or can be used to scout out terrain to reveal enemy positioning.
- is a strong utility item to purchase early on as Mirana. The extra strength gives her more HP for increased survivability, and the mana regen helps to sustain her casting requirements as needed. Charges can be easily obtained through participating in ganks, and the charges used to heal teammates or to add further damage in future ganks.
- provides armor, mana regen, and attributes for improved survivability. Using the active on a Sacred Arrow victim makes them vulnerable to physical damage.
- is important to purchase as early as possible as a support Mirana. The ability to replenish her mana pool allows her to cast Sacred Arrow and her other spells more frequently, and helps to keep allies' mana topped up as well.
- is useful to obtain if the enemy chooses to focus Mirana in fights. Because a support Mirana is not able to easily farm items to improve her own survivability, Ghost Scepter allows her to become temporarily invulnerable against physical damage.
- is a strong utility item to purchase as a support Mirana. It provides bonus intelligence to shore up her small base mana pool, and health regeneration to help keep her health pool topped up. The active can be used alongside Leap to greatly augment Mirana's mobility.
- is a very strong caster item that greatly improves Mirana's potency as a support. It provides bonus intelligence and mana regen, greatly improving her ability to cast her spells, and additional movement speed to give her more mobility, especially when combined with Leap. The active can be cast on herself to provide temporary invulnerability while removing debuffs from herself, or can be used on an enemy to make them a sitting duck for Sacred Arrow.
- root an enemy to hit them with Sacred Arrow, allowing allies to easily chase down fleeing enemies. greatly improves Mirana's overall resilience and is easy to build. It provides a large amount of HP and intelligence, improving Mirana's survivability and giving her a larger mana pool with which to cast spells. The active, with its long range and low cooldown, can
- gives Mirana attributes across the board and is easy to build. The strength and intelligence shore up her small HP and mana pools; the active allows Mirana to greatly empower all nearby allies' attack and movement speed during teamfights.