Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Seasonal Rankings represent the level of skill a player achieves in a single season, as determined by their matchmaking rating (MMR) and other hidden factors. It is only available for ranked matches. Medals are reset at the end of each six-month season. The previous season's medal is displayed next to the new medal for the next season.
Calculation (Read this first!)
- The exact calculation for earning medals is kept secret by Valve and may change over time.
- This page reflects rough estimates based on community observations.
- MMR will not always match their estimated medal. It is normal to be off by a few hundred points from the estimates below.
- MMR is not the only factor in determining medal rank.
- Some players may have medals far above their MMR because:
- The player may have multiple Steam accounts.
- Medals are based on the highest skill level attained during the season and cannot decrease even if a player loses many games.
- The system remembers and judges player performance based on their peak skill level, not their current skill level. This is a common mechanism in competitive games used to combat smurfs and intentional derankers.
- As of now, season three's MMR estimates are highly speculative. Please add your input on our talk page.
- Players who make it onto the regional Leaderboards will earn Immortal medals, with their rank displayed beneath the medal.
- All Immortal medals have a sparkling particle effect in-game.
The following emoticons are unlocked at each ranked tier.
|Season 1||2017/11/22 – 2018/06/05|
|Season 2||2018/06-06 – 2019/01/28|
|Season 3||2019/01/29 – 2019/??/??|
- Each medal design is inspired by different items:
- Season two ends.
- Season three starts.
- Changed rankings from 1–5 stars to 1–7 stars.
- Added unlockable emoticons to each tier.
- Season one ends.
- Season two starts.
- Added new medals for leaderboards.
- Changed rankings from 0–5 stars to 1–5 stars.
- Player activity feed now displays when a medal is earned.
- Ancient ranks can now be earned through party matchmaking.
- Updated icons.
- Added top rankings icons.
- Feature added.