- can keep Lycan in place during his Shapeshift even through .
- summons. is very effective against Lycan because of his
- will prevent Lycan from running away with Shapeshift when he drops low.
- allows Beastmaster to keep Lycan in place after he used his Shapeshift.
- completely negates Lycan's high mobility.
- All of Lycan's summons are good sources of healing with .
- can be used to kill Lycan's summons.
- allows him to stay alive against Lycan while dishing out counter attacks
- He can overpower Lycan with his instead.
- A well landed fissure can potentially take Lycan out of the fight for several seconds, who heavily relies on precious seconds from Black king bar and Shapeshift to fight.
- Each spell cast of Earthshaker will dole out a mid radius area damage which is enough for wiping Lycan's Wolves.
- His ultimate is stronger the more units him swarmed with, that tips the tables on the favor of Earthshaker each fight.
- Can cast on one of Lycan's Wolves, making this a numbers fight.
- will greatly reduce his ability to engage
- can steep an area making it harder for Lycan to engage in.
- She can one of the wolves to her side.
- still slows Lycan's attack speed.
- can be used to kill Lycan's summons.
- can also build into which will disable Lycan's auto attacks crippling him even more.
- Her is too tough for Lycan to break in.
- can hit for a massive damage once it spread between his summons.
- completely negates all of Lycan's damage since Lycan mainly deals physical damage.
- can also be a problem for Lycan, as Purification deals damage around the target, which poses a problem for him and his summons.
- is a real problem for Lycan, while she deals critical hits.
- will kill Lycan's summons very fast.
- will allow Sven and his allies to tank Lycan's damage, which is mainly physical.
- will damage and stun Lycan's as well as his summons.
- grants him massive physical attack protection
- will wipe the area, clearing Lycan's wolves.
- All of Timbersaw's spells deal AoE damage, killing Lycan's summons very quickly.
- will gain stacks quickly because of Lycan's summons.
- disarm and root that pierces spell immunity, causing trouble to Lycan. You will find yourself in need of an ally's dispel or forced to pop for its dispel. grants protection against his attacks with and his ultimate, is a massive AoE
- splash damage can cause Lycan to struggle taking him down. 's insanely high armor and
- blind, which causes Lycan to miss his attacks. has a
- 's prevents the target from taking physical damage or doing damage, which poses a huge problem for Lycan, as he mainly deals physical damage.
- can lock Lycan down with his pinning him down as long as his ultimate is up.
is rather efficient against Lycan, as he lacks disables to stop a teleporting Hero from escaping.
- Or if he is split-pushing a lane, this might make him turn around. If not, stay in alert as he might dive.
- is a good counter to attacks, and Lycan heavily relies on them.
- 's return damage might cause Lycan to stop attacking his victim. If not, Lycan will take loads of returned damage.
- and prevents the user from taking physical damage. Lycan is mainly a physical damage dealer.
- limits Lycan's mobility during his ultimate.
- possesses a lot of slows, which Lycan doesn't care about when he Shapeshifts.
- has no in-built escape, which makes him a good target for Lycan.
- He can send wolves to defuse tankiness. , and he can catch up Techies and kill him before they can deny themselves. Even if the suicide is successful, Lycan can still survive because of his
- Arc Warden without missing. is useless against melee heroes, so Lycan can attack
- slows and because he is never alone. doesn't affect Lycan that much, because Shapeshift grants immunity to
- If their has been called, Lycan can still kill Arc Warden before the double expires.
- The Wolves' speed causes the knockback from to be ineffective.
- She lacks escapes and loses her when someone is near her. Lycan takes advantage of these weaknesses.
- Lycan's ultimate makes him immune to slows from 's as well as allowing him to outmaneuver during . Lycan can also easily chase down while shapeshifted, should try to flee.
- You can easily kill a squishy , due to your high movement speed and his lack of escape.
- Once you get a , squishy spellcasters like , and others will be probably easy to deal with.
- Heroes with low armor and little mobility, like , , etc. will also have an unfortunate fate.
Works well with...
- His also work on Lycan's own minions.
- His own summons benefit from Lycan's Howl.
- Creeps enchanted with benefit from Howl.
- Plenty of those creeps provide auras that strengthen Lycan and his minions.
- Lycan is a notable solo-pusher. If he over-stayed his welcome in the enemy's base, perhaps he can be kept alive with .
- Nature's Prophet is (like Lycan) a jungling and laning hero, so his absence while fighting Roshan is not a great concern for his teammates. Finally, the Prophet's ability to teleport directly into Roshan's pit is also useful for avoiding enemy wards (using in Roshan's Pit with is advised, however, in order to remain undetected by said wards).
- Perhaps your allies don't have any summons, but maybe they'll bring one in through purchase of a . You might as well do it.
- Heroes that can reduce the armor of enemies can greatly increase Lycan's damage, such as 's .