- His can tank Luna's Eclipse.
- He can split-push better than Luna using Boots of Travel on his Tempest Double.
- can stop Luna's illusion push effectively.
- and harass Luna more efficiently than she does with Lucent Beam.
- withstands Luna’s nukes, and gives lots of damage in return.
- and are enough to outrun a speedy Luna.
- Bristleback tends to be a frequent carrier of , which is good protection from bouncing glaives.
- Her Spiderlings can harass Luna in lane heavily, as Luna has no AoE abilities to clear Spiderlings.
- Broodmother can knock down towers in the early game quickly, and limit Luna's farming space.
- Because of her low range, Luna cannot easily destroy .
- Both and are direct counters to Eclipse, offering Juggernaut spell immunity.
- Lina has very high magic burst damage to use against the low-health-pool Luna. can also be upgraded with to bypass Luna's , making Lina even more of a threat.
- Meepo can tank Eclipse because of his clones.
- takes away Luna's mobility advantage.
- Meepo can shutdown Luna's split-push ability with his global presence.
- Phantom Lancer creates many illusions to tank Luna's Eclipse.
- can be used to dodge a number of Lucent Beams during Eclipse.
- Phantom Lancer can chase Luna effectively regardless of her high movement speed thanks to and .
- Although her Moon Glaives kill his illusions quickly, Luna's low health pool is easily exploited by the sheer damage output from his illusions.
- 's magic resistance allows him to survive Eclipse, and and can disable Luna through her Black King Bar.
- However, Lucent Beam can still cancel from a safe distance, even if its damage is going to be reduced.
- Sniper usually sits at the back and it's hard for Luna to get close to him to attack.
- Due to Sniper's and his long range, Luna has a hard time taking high ground despite her Moon Glaives being fantastic for taking Barracks and buildings.
- prevents Luna from damaging Slark, and together with he can kite her or escape.
- Luna has no way to escape from 's leash.
- Luna has low HP, low range and often stalks through jungle. She cannot properly disarm and could fall victim to their traps.
- Of course, if Luna happens to catch Techies off-guard, they won't be able to survive for long against Eclipse, Lucent Beam, and right-clicks.
- Tinker's and both destroy Luna's small health pool and make it hard for Luna to initiate with Eclipse (and making it hard to land glaives in Laser's case).
- Since Tinker typically buys , Luna has a hard time catching him despite her high movement speed.
- Tinker can easily disable and nuke Luna down with or before she can use Lucent Beam or Eclipse.
- His highly damaging nuke spells with low cooldowns is not something Luna wants to go against.
- can be used before a fight to harm Luna before she activates her Black King Bar, reducing her survivability for that fight.
- Other carries who can chase effectively despite Luna's high movement speed: , , , or .
- Heroes that create illusions (such as , , , , , ) or bring other units into the fight (such as , , , and the aforementioned and ) can cause Eclipse to strike the illusions/summons unintentionally. (However, in many cases Moon Glaives can resolve this issue and eliminate them before activating Eclipse).
- Heroes with disabling abilities which can bypass spell immunity: , .
- A couple of long-range heroes with excellent laning like , , , . The key to success is sticking together and attacking Luna whenever she enters the range, without even giving Luna a chance to retaliate. Multiple long-range heroes is a reason to pick another hero.
- Every hero that can withstand or prevent Eclipse at level 7: , , , , , , , .
- A couple of nukers and disablers on the same lane can finish a squishy Luna efficiently despite a teammate's assistance: + .
- Escape-type carries: , , .
- All assassin-type carries in a one against one situation: , , , .
- Items which allow the enemy to go invisible, such as and . will also disable Moon Glaives as an added effect.
- Because of Luna's low HP and strong indiscriminate AoE damage, Luna suffers greatly from the of the warrior.
- / / greatly reduce damage from bouncing glaives.
- Moon Glaives can easily clear Chen's creeps.
- Enchantress has pitiful HP so Lucent Beam and Eclipse can kill her very quickly.
- Moon Glaives allows Luna to clear Enchantress' creeps very efficiently.
- Provided Luna is able to cast it in time,
can help win a from Legion Commander.
- If Luna isn't the target, she can easily use Lucent Beam and Eclipse to win the fight for the ally.
- Although he can avoid Eclipse with and , Luna's physical damage can be enough to deal with him.
- is a common pick on Luna, which can help her dispel . In addition, Lifestealer is not good against illusions created by .
- will be always canceled by Lucent Beam.
- can be suicide against Luna due to Lucent Beam and Eclipse.
- It is almost impossible for Bane to use properly against Luna's allies due to the huge cast range of the Lucent Beam.
- Though Luna has a hard time laning against , his won’t help him in teamfights because it will increase the damage from Lucent Beam and Eclipse.
- Though Luna isn’t a dedicated chaser, she’s rather good at finishing off low HP heroes thanks to her high movement speed and incredible range on Lucent Beam.
- Luna has a love/hate relationship with illusions and summons. On one hand, they can tank damage from Eclipse, but on the other hand, she can easily clear them before Eclipse with Moon Glaives.
- and other forms of Spell Immunity can be partially mitigated by Luna's high physical damage.
- Many carries have a hard time against heroes that buy and . However, items and abilities that turn the user ethereal are useless against Luna because Eclipse will deal enormous damage, especially when Luna farms , and she often uses her magical damage in order to kill heroes.
- Illusions created from are normally fragile, and Luna will easily destroy them. Do not build against Luna unless you have natural illusions ( etc) or illusion-related abilities (e.g. ).
- Luna can put on cooldown using Lucent Beam.
Works well with...
- allows Luna to spam Lucent Beam more frequently.
- and helps to chase heroes.
- can sustain Luna's mana pool and give her unexpectedly very low cooldown (up to 0 second) nuke, especially in early game. Heal from is very useful as well.
- Eclipse causes day to become night, triggering Night Stalker's for the ten extra seconds of nighttime.
- gives both of them long vision range.
- can greatly improve Luna's attack damage in the late game. Early-game, she can set up kills as well as use on Luna to allow her escape from a sticky situation and potentially save her life.
- can create powerful illusions of Luna that also possess her Moon Glaives, allowing for safe and fast tower pushing.
- Heroes that can help her disable foes in the early-game to kill or flee from: ( ,
- Heroes to help maintain her health, especially in the early-game: , , , , , ,
- Heroes with damage amplification: , , , , , , ,