Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
- His can tank Luna's Eclipse.
- He can split-push better than Luna using Boots of Travel on his Tempest Double.
- can stop Luna's Manta Style illusion push effectively.
- and harass Luna more efficiently than she does with Lucent Beam.
- withstands Luna’s nukes, and gives lots of damage in return.
- and are enough to outrun speedy Luna.
- A frequent carrier of , a good protection from bouncing glaives.
- Her Spiderlings can harass Luna in lane heavily, as Luna has no AoE abilities to clear Spiderlings.
- Broodmother can knockdown towers in early game quickly, and limit Luna's farming space.
- Because of low range, Luna cannot easily destroy .
- Both and are direct counters to Eclipse, offering Juggernaut spell immunity.
- Lina has very high magic burst against low health-pool Luna. can also be upgraded with to bypass Luna's .
- Meepo can tank Eclipse because of his clones.
- takes away Luna's mobility advantage.
- Meepo can shutdown Luna's splitpush ability with his global presence.
- Phantom Lancer creates many illusions to tank Luna's Eclipse.
- can be used to dodge a number of Lucent Beams during Eclipse.
- Phantom Lancer can chase Luna effectively regardless of her high movement speed thanks to and .
- Although her Moon Glaives kill his illusions fast, Luna's low health pool is easily exploited by the sheer damage output from his illusions.
- 's magic resistance allows him to survive Eclipse and and can disable Luna through her Black King Bar.
- However, Lucent Beam can still cancel from a safe distance, even if its damage is going to be reduced.
- Sniper usually sits at back side and it's hard for Luna to get close to him to attack.
- Due to Sniper's and long range, Luna has a hard time taking high ground despite her Moon Glaives being fantastic for taking Barracks and Buildings.
- prevents Luna from damaging Slark and together with he can kite her or escape.
- Luna has no way to escape from 's leash.
- Luna has low HP, low range and often stalks through jungle. She cannot properly disarm .
- Tinker's and both destroy Luna's small health pool and make it hard for Luna to initiate with Eclipse.
- Since Tinker typically buys , Luna has a hard time catching him despite her high movement speed.
- Tinker can easily disable and nuke Luna down with or before she can use Lucent Beam or Eclipse.
- Several damaging nuke spells on low cooldowns. can be used before a fight to harm Luna before she activates her Black King Bar, reducing her survivability for that fight.
- Other carries who can chase effectively despite Luna's high movement speed: , , , or
- Heroes that create illusions (such as , , , , , ), or bring other units into the fight (such as , , , or the aforementioned and ), which Eclipse can strike unintentionally. (However, in many cases Moon Glaives can resolve this issue and eliminate them before activating Eclipse).
- Heroes with disabling abilities which can bypass spell immunity: ,
- A couple of long-range heroes with excellent laning like , , , . The key to success is sticking together and attacking Luna whenever she enters the range, without even chance to retaliate. Multiple long-range heroes is a reason to pick another hero.
- Every hero that can withstand or prevent Eclipse at level 7: , , , , , , ,
- A couple of nukers-disablers on the same lane that can finish squishy Luna efficiently despite resistance of lane-mate: + .
- Escape-type carries: , ,
- All assassin-type carries 1v1: , , ,
- Items which allow the enemy to go invisible, such as and . will also disable moon glaives.
- Because of low HP and strong indiscriminate AoE damage, Luna suffers greatly from of warrior.
- / / greatly reduce damage from bouncing glaives.
- Moon Glaives can easily clear Chen's creeps.
- Enchantress has pitiful HP so Lucent Beam and Eclipse can kill her very quickly.
- Moon Glaives allows Luna to clear Enchantress' creeps very efficiently.
- Provided Luna is able to cast it in time, can help winning a from Legion Commander.
- Although he can avoid Eclipse with and , Luna's physical damage can be enough to deal with him.
- is a common pick on Luna, which can help her dispel , and in addition, Lifestealer is not good against illusions created by .
- will be always canceled by Lucent Beam.
- can be suicide against Luna due to Lucent Beam and Eclipse.
- It is almost impossible for Bane to use properly against Luna's allies due to huge cast range of the Lucent Beam.
- Though Luna has a hard time laning against , his won’t help him in teamfight because it will increase damage from Lucent Beam and Eclipse.
- Though Luna isn’t a dedicated chaser, she’s rather good at finishing off low HP heroes thanks to her high movement speed and incredible range on Lucent Beam.
- Luna has a love/hate relationship with illusions and summons. On the one hand, they can tank damage from Eclipse, but on the other hand, she can easily clear them before Eclipse with Moon Glaives.
- and other forms of Spell Immunity can be partially mitigated by Luna's high physical damage.
- Many carries have hard time against heroes that buy and . However, ethereal state items and abilities are useless against Luna because Eclipse will deal enormous damage, especially when Luna farms , and she often uses her magical damage in order to kill heroes.
- Illusions created from are normally thin, and Luna will easily destroy them. Do not build against Luna unless you have natural illusions ( etc) or illusion-related abilities (e.g. ).
- Luna can put on cooldown using Lucent Beam.
Works well with...
- allows Luna to spam Lucent Beam more frequently.
- and helps to chase heroes.
- can sustain Luna's mana pool and give her unexpectedly very low cooldown (up to 0 second) nuke, especially in early game. Heal from is very useful as well.
- Eclipse causes day to become night, triggering Night Stalker's for the ten extra seconds of nighttime.
- gives both of them long vision range.
- can greatly improve Luna's attack damage in the late game. Early-game, she can set up kills as well as use on Luna to allow her escape from a sticky situation and potentially save her life.
- can create powerful illusions of Luna that also possess her Moon Glaives, allowing for safe and fast tower pushing.
- Heroes that can help her disable foes in the early-game to kill or flee from: ( ,
- Heroes to help maintain her health, especially in the early-game: , , , , , ,
- Heroes with damage amplification: , , , , , , ,