- and allow her to close the distance to Lone Druid quickly and stick on him. Combined with 's large damage output and 's ability to avoid entangling roots, Phantom Assassin proves to be a formidable foe for Lone Druid.
- Faceless Void's aggressiveness ( and ) can spell doom for Lone Druid, giving void the chance to lock him down while the Spirit Bear is helpless.
- Grimstroke's connects to both Lone Druid and his bear, therefore whenever he casts it, it will always reliably connect onto both of them if they are close together.
- Legion Commander has a tendency for rushing and , making it useless for both of Lone Druid and Spirit Bear to fight back when ed.
- will bounce between Lone Druid and his bear, forcing them to separate or suffer high amounts of damage.
- dispels both root and savage roar leaving Lone Druid vulnerable to sustained confrontation. tether binds Lone Druid and prevents him from escaping using .
- blinds Lone Druid, making his attacks miss. Furthermore a tinker with Aghanim's Scepter is sure to blind both Lone Druid and his bear negating his ability to root or deal physical damage.
- Heroes that gap close and stick to him, make short work of him:
- : into and with followup is very scary for Lone Druid.
- : Blinking and then using leaves Lone Druid with very little recourse.
- : Leap and his ultimate make him difficult to shake.
- : Blink strike and the typical diffusal blade are good counters to Lone Druid.
- protects from Lone Druid's and his bear's attacks while he has no dispels and magic damage.
- Once caught in Bear's Entangle, Nature's Prophet cannot escape with .
- Silencer's disables are useless on Lone Druid since he is more reliant on physical attacks rather than spells.
- Lone Druid's early game is good against slow, squishy supports since his bear is very strong early game and an Entangling Claws proc almost always guarantees a kill: , , , etc.
Works well with...
- affects both Lone Druid and his bear and together with Beastmaster's summons they can push incredibly fast.
- affects both Lone Druid and his bear and together with Lycan's summons they can push incredibly fast.
- useful both for Lone Druid and especially for Spirit Bear (due to his low base attack time) increasing their damage output.
- Omniknight in a team is a great advantage to all tanky carries. for healing and dealing damage to nearby enemies, for status resistance, for slowing down opponents, and to protect from physical damage.
- Entangling Claws and Savage Roar can be a good setup for several abilities and heroes:
- 's and .
- 's and .
- 's and and others.