- allows Anti-Mage to get on top of Lina and deal damage with his .
- makes Anti-Mage tanky against Lina's heavy magic damage.
- is very strong against Lina, who has a high mana pool and quickly depletes it during fights.
- will easily backtrack Lina's burst damage (especially Laguna Blade) if not timed correctly.
- During , squishy heroes like Lina will be main target of Faceless Void in his ultimate.
- protects Lifestealer from all of Lina's abilities (except an upgraded Laguna Blade).
- is great to keep Lina in place because she has no abilities to help her escape.
- mana burn also prevents Lina from casting her full combo. does tons of damage against Lina because of her high intelligence. The
- cast animation, and could probably kill Lina outright if Laguna Blade is reflected. can easily be used to counter Lina's abilities because of their long
- can be used to easily dodge Light Strike Array if timed correctly.
- Phantom Lancer can quickly deplete Lina's mana pool with his illusions and deal massive damage from it simultaneously since Phantom Lancer is a natural carrier.
- discourages Lina from using her abilities, preventing her from building up Fiery Soul stacks.
- and are great against Lina for the same reason, as well as interrupting her combos and preventing her from casting spells.
- dispel its stun. can be cast during the cast animation of Light Strike Array and
- allows Slark to close the gap to Lina.
- prevents Lina from killing Slark with her Laguna Blade when his HP gets low.
- and allow Spectre to get close to Lina.
- is very strong against Lina, who's usually a bit isolated in fights because of her high attack and cast range.
- can mitigate a good portion of Lina's burst damage, allowing Spectre to turn on her afterwards.
- Sven has a high health pool and is a natural holder and is very hard to kill for Lina.
- Sven also has high physical damage, making it easy for him to burst her down.
- prevents buildup of Fiery Soul stacks.
- provides magic resistance against Lina's spells.
- and can burn away Lina's small health pool.
- Razor naturally builds tank items which allow him to survive Lina's burst better than other heroes.
- makes Lina's high attack speed do very little damage.
- Heroes with abilities that can pull Lina out of position can easily bring her to their team mates, like with and with his .
- Heroes that can close the gap can easily chase her down, such as with and with .
- can keep you alive against Lina's magic burst damage in the early game.
- prevents Lina from using her abilities to kill you until she gets an .
- can dodge her abilities.
- can be used to reflect Lina's burst damage back to her.
- blocks Laguna Blade.
- can reflect Laguna Blade.
- Lina builds (and upgrades it into a ), which makes it hard for Ancient Apparition to land his abilities.
- Laguna Blade can kill Ancient Apparition easily due to his low health pool and lack of mobility.
- Lina's damage burst can quickly kill Clinkz before he saves them with .
- Fiery Soul attack speed bonus removes easily in all stages of the game.
- Being a hero with low health and abysmal mobility, Lina can nuke her down easily.
- Since Crystal Maiden's is a channeled ability, Lina can use her Light Strike Array to cancel it easily.
- Laguna Blade can kill Dazzle quickly before he casts .
- Enchantress has pitiful health, and cannot tank Lina's heavy magic damage.
- is decently countered by Fiery Soul, exposing Enchantress' weakness to physical damage due to her low armor.
- Lina is decent at clearing creeps and can kill Enchantress' creeps quickly.
- Light Strike Array catches Meepo and his clones if he tried to gank Lina with & .
- Laguna Blade can quickly kill Meepo and his clones before they escape with .
- does little good against Dragon Slave and Light Strike Array.
- Lina's damage burst can quickly kill Mirana's teammates before she saves them with .
- Light Strike Array catches Morphling while he jumps in from and also prevents Morphling from using his abilities.
- Laguna Blade can kill Morphling quickly before he shifts into .
- Laguna Blade deals amplified magical damage (pure from ) to Necrophos when he is under the effects of .
- Pudge has low armor and mobility, making him suspectible to her physical attacks (if Lina is the carry).
- Because is a channeled ability, it can be canceled through Light Strike Array within a distance.
- Light Strike Array and Dragon Slave allows Lina to destroy trees, countering and .
- Lina has many tools to remove 's protection.
- Venomancer has low health, which makes him vulnerable to Lina's heavy magic damage.
- Fiery Soul attack speed bonus removes s easily in all stages of the game.
- Heroes who have low health, armor and mobility are vulnerable to Lina's high damage.
- Heroes who have channeled abilities can be stunned by Light Strike Array, like with and 's .
- Heroes with low health or rely on evasion can easily be bursted down, like or .
- Heroes with summons can find their summons eliminated easily by Lina, like , , and .
- sets an enemy up for Light Strike Array.
- is useless against Lina's high magical damage, especially Laguna Blade.
Works well with...
- can set up Light Strike Array.
- heavily amplifies Lina's damage giving her even more burst damage.
- can ensure a perfect Light Strike Array.
- Lina's long range makes her a great support to lane with Sven and harass the enemy.
- can hugely increase Lina's magic damage output. The slow acts as a setup for Light Strike Array.
- (and later ) is a perfect set up for Light Strike Array.
- Heroes with stuns or hides that can set up a Light Strike Array.