- Huskar's damage over time gives Abaddon the opportunity to shield and heal his allies.
- also makes Abaddon a hard support to gank, thus negating Huskar's early game dominance.
- negates almost all damage from Burning Spears.
- prevents Huskar from healing and will kill him when his health dips below a threshold. This makes it very dangerous for him to use his abilities.
- and can be used immediately after Huskar jumps on Axe with Life Break.
- Huskar's high attack speed procs repeatedly.
- Huskar's health loss from using his abilities make him a frequent target for .
- Bristleback's tankiness and passive ability allow him to outlast Burning Spears' damage-over-time at almost any point in the game.
- Huskar has no AoE ability to deal with Chaos Knight's illusions and has no defense against their high collective physical damage.
- makes it near impossible to stack Burning Spears.
- ' pure damage puts an instant end to Huskar's low-health brinkmanship.
- Huskar is often at low health, providing large bonuses to Bloodseeker.
- Life Break can trigger 's damage.
makes Juggernaut immune to the damage from Life Break and Burning Spears.
- It can be instantly activated the second Juggernaut sees Huskar flying towards him with Life Break, blocking all damage.
- effectively negates any damage-over-time from Burning Spears.
- Huskar has no defense against and takes heavy damage due to his low armor.
- renders Lifestealer immune to the damage from Burning Spears and Life Break.
- and makes Lifestealer one of few heroes that can outlast Huskar in a one-on-one fight.
- can cause Huskar to Life Break the wrong target.
- reduces Huskar's already low armor.
- allows teams to recover from Huskar's initiation, as well as the damage over time from Burning Spears.
- and will make short work of Huskar's low armor, even if Slardar is alone.
- Jumping on Ursa with Life Break is often suicide for Huskar, as he will be immediately bursted down with .
- makes it impossible to hit Windranger with Burning Spears.
- Huskar cannot toggle to regain health while taking constant damage from .
- makes Huskar vulnerable to die due to health loss from Life Break.
- Carries that can out damage Huskar will do well against him: , , , .
- Heroes with abilities that reduce armor will make Huskar very vulnerable: , , , .
- Heroes with pure damage can kill Huskar when he inevitably gets low on health: , .
- Heroes with illusions can overwhelm Huskar, as he has no AoE abilities: , , , .
- Heroes who can quickly finish off low-health targets pose a great danger to Huskar: , .
- Heroes with abilities that break Berserker's Blood, lowering Huskar's attack speed and health regeneration: , , .
- Heroes with high magical burst can easily kill Huskar when he is at low health: , ,
- can reflect Life Break with .
- negates magical damage from Burning Spears and Life Break.
- will both reduce and/or block the damage dealt by Burning Spears and Life Break, which greatly reduces Huskar's damage output.
- break Berserker's Blood, making it much easier to burst down Huskar while also reducing his damage. will
- Stops Huskar from attacking and negating Burning Spears.
- blocks Life Break.
- disables most of Berserker's Blood health regeneration.
- can dodge life break's damage & Huskar isn't great at dealing with illusions.
- Weaver cannot out of Huskar's burn damage.
- Clockwerk's abilities cannot handle Huskar in a one-on-one fight, even if he gets the jump on him.
- Huskar can negate Dragon Knight's passive with multiple trades of Burning Spear.
- Earthshaker's stuns will rarely save him once Huskar has initiated on him with Life Break.
- A full initiation combo will not kill Huskar, only lower his health and increase his attack speed.
- Ember Spirit does minimal damage to Huskar until the very late game.
- will not protect Nature's Prophet from Huskar if he has already locked on with Life Break.
- Even a farmed Nature's Prophet is usually not durable enough to fight Huskar alone.
- Huskar's high attack speed can counteract , and easily destroy the .
- Vulnerable spellcasters with no escape mechanisms are easy targets for Huskar: , , , , , etc.
- Melee heroes suffer against Huskar in the laning phase, as Burning Spears gives him incredibly strong harassing power.
Works well with...
- combined with Life Break will kill an enemy very quickly.
- Life Break can also trigger 's shatter if the enemy gets away.
- allows Huskar to stack many Burning Spears in short time.
- allows a nearly dead Huskar to attack extremely quickly and place many stacks of Burning Spears.
- and will prolong Huskar's endurance at low health.
- Life Break works well with , giving Omniknight a heal target to damage the enemy.
- allows Huskar to stay at low health and attack rapidly.
- can be targeted on Huskar, and released just before he uses Life Break. This will dispel and root the enemy Huskar jumps on.
- Life Break's initial percentage-based damage provides a clean setup for .
- increases Life Break's damage by a large amount, perhaps even instantly killing their target if coupled with other magic amplification abilities/items.
- keeps Huskar alive at low health, letting him use Berserker's Blood to its full potential.
- Using on Huskar when Terrorblade is near death can be beneficial to both heroes, as Terrorblade is healed while Huskar gains attack speed.
- greatly amplifies the damage from multiple stacks of Burning Spears.
- Heroes with armor increasing abilities to protect Huskar against physical attacks so he can survive and deal damage: ,
- often goes into boosted mode to provide huge amount of health regeneration and armor as Huskar's HP drops due to Life Break and Burning Spear, keeping him alive to dish out damage.