|is a very flexible hero who can provide great amounts of utility to his team through his abilities, depending on how he is built. He can use to accrue great amounts of bonus damage and movement speed, and then take advantage of to inflict that bonus damage on enemies when their defenses are reduced. He is also capable of disabling multiple enemy heroes at once with a combination of Astral Spirit and , as well as set up strong slows and deal tremendous damage with after landing a successful Echo Stomp.|
|Generic Elder Titan|
|+100Damage||20||+55 Attack Speed|
|+25Hero Attack||15||+15% Magic Resistance|
|+8 Strength||10||+15 Movement Speed|
Tips & Tactics
- In general, due to being a strength melee hero, Elder Titan benefits greatly from building durability items. After increasing his tankiness, he can transition into carrying defensive auras and teamfight items, which can give his team an edge in fights.
- Depending on your team composition and level of play, Elder Titan's abilities have differing priorities to max. Level Echo Stomp to increase the sleep's duration, making it easier for Elder Titan and his team to set up their own abilities without disturbance. Astral Spirit provides the highest overall damage increase in a single ability, allowing Elder Titan to deal damage from the spirit passing through enemies as well as giving him bonus damage once it returns. Maxing Natural Order early increases the amount of damage enemies will take in engagements, allowing high damage dealers on Elder Titan's team to amplify their damage output.
- As a melee-range fighter, Elder Titan focuses on maxing out Astral Spirit and Natural Order, completely forgoing Echo Stomp and Split Earth to get four levels in both by level 8. By doing so, Elder Titan can cast Astral Spirit to maximize the amount of bonus damage and movement speed he gains by passing it through enemy units, and then engaging the enemy in direct combat to utilize the bonus damage and apply his Natural Order aura to enemies he is attacking to further increase the damage they take from his attacks. Because Astral Spirit is his only mana-costing ability, Elder Titan focuses on building durability items and increasing his attack speed, so that he can take the enemy head-on and maximize his damage output.
- As a utility initiator-disabler, Elder Titan gets only one value point in Astral Spirit, then focuses on maxing out Echo Stomp and Natural Order, while leveling his ultimate where possible. The objective of this build is to combine Astral Spirit and Echo Stomp in order to set up long-duration sleeps on enemies, and then weaken their defenses for teammates to exploit, using his ultimate both as a nuke and a disable. Because he lacks levels in Astral Spirit, Elder Titan will have little attack damage output, and focuses on using his spells to great effect. Elder Titan must build items that grant him mana for sustaining his casting, mobility to let him more easily position himself to cast his spells, and utility items to help give his team an advantage in fights.
- Elder Titan is most often played as a support, but can be played in the offlane or mid depending on the lineup.
- As a support, Elder Titan will have very little farm and experience priority, however he can remotely set up disables via Astral Spirit and Echo Stomp once he hits level 2, which can disable the enemy's offlaner long enough for his team to get in a favorable position for a gank. Also, he can transition into a utility farming support by passing his Astral Spirit through neutral camps in his jungle and then use the bonus damage to farm if needed.
- Astral Spirit allows an offlane Elder Titan to get last hits from distance, and he benefits from getting solo experience if the enemy supports fail to zone him out effectively. Additionally, the spirit can accrue bonus damage and movement speed via nearby jungle creeps as well as lane creeps, giving Elder Titan more mobility and last hitting power as needed, and scout the fog of war for potential incoming ganks. A value point in Echo Stomp can serve as an emergency escape spell of sorts, as it can stop attackers in their tracks once they have expended their disables, allowing Elder Titan to escape while they are asleep.
- A mid Elder Titan can use a combination of Astral Spirit and Natural Order to bully his opponent, as he can gain bonus damage and movement speed through the spirit to trade physical attacks and chase the enemy mid down, while Natural Order's aura greatly increases the amount of damage they take from trading attacks. As well, Echo Stomp can be used to punish any enemies attempting to tower dive, or can aid in setting up friendly ganks.
- Echo Stomp is a sleep, though it applies a brief stun at the beginning of the disable.
- Echo Stomp is a channeled spell, and as such stunning or silencing Elder Titan during the 1.3 second delay will interrupt and cause it to fail. Therefore, use Echo Stomp with Astral Spirit to produce more reliable results.
- Slept units will wake upon taking enough damage. So, it requires that allies do not attempt to attack or use abilities against the enemies.
- Echo Stomp is a strong initiating ability, as it can sleep multiple enemies for a duration comparable to the longest disables in the game. As well, it can be a very strong counter-initiation spell, breaking up enemy ganks by interrupting them as they are distracted trying to kill an ally.
- If you manage to knock out multiple enemy heroes with an Echo Stomp, you and your team can single out one enemy to focus down and kill, and then clean up the remainder more easily once the sleep's duration ends.
- Echo Stomp can be a useful juking ability if being chased through the jungle by the enemy. Elder Titan can run around a blind corner, and then immediately begin channeling Echo Stomp. Any chasing enemies will likely not have enough time to interrupt Elder Titan upon reaching his location, and will go to sleep, allowing him to escape.
- If attempting to combine Echo Stomp with Earth Splitter, at least 2 levels in Echo Stomp are required, as Earth Splitter takes 3.14 seconds to implode after casting.
- Astral Spirit is the linchpin that allows Elder Titan's abilities to work together to create devastating combinations. It allows Elder Titan to use Echo Stomp from long range, and carries a partial Natural Order aura. No matter how Elder Titan is skilled, at least one early level is needed to make his abilities effective.
- Astral Spirit spawns at a target location up to a distance of 1200 away from Elder Titan, and can then be controlled to move even further after that, allowing Elder Titan to set up Echo Stomp from far away without revealing his own position to the enemy team.
- Astral Spirit's movement speed is set to match that of Elder Titan when he cast it. This makes building movement speed items on Elder Titan very important, as it affects not only his own mobility but that of his spirit.
- Astral Spirit gives Elder Titan bonus damage and movement speed for a short duration after returning to him. As such, it can be a strong spell to use against crowded enemies, as it can accrue massive amounts of bonus damage and movement speed, turning Elder Titan into a terrifying threat if he has enough attack speed to take advantage of this bonus damage.
- In general, Astral Spirit's priority should be passing through enemy heroes if possible, as it serves three purposes. Passing the spirit through enemy heroes will accrue much more bonus damage and movement speed for Elder Titan than it will for creeps, putting the spirit on top of an enemy hero weakens them by applying Natural Order's aura to them, and it reveals their position through the fog of war, allowing nearby allies to take advantage of this knowledge and the aura.
- Astral Spirit will accrue bonus damage, armor, and movement speed by passing through enemy units and neutrals, even spell immune ones.
- Elder Titan should stack as many jungle camps as possible from the early game to accrue Astral Spirit's bonuses, gaining enormous advantages in ganks.
- Furthermore, stacking helps Elder Titan's economy in the mid game as he receives camp stacking gold as his carries clear the neutrals.
- Since Astral Spirit has a long cast range, Elder Titan can use it to stack camp without leaving his lanes for too long.
- Astral Spirit still gathers bonuses for units it passes through on its return path to Elder Titan. Therefore, Elder Titan should position himself after using the ability, so that after passing through as many creeps as it can during its duration, it can pass through even more on its return path, maximizing the bonuses gained from the ability.
- Elder Titan can produce surprise Echo Stomps as the spirit returns with 800 movement speed, faster than Elder Titan himself can move. After using Astral Spirit, maneuver it through the fog of war and behind the enemy, then return it so that it paths over the enemy on its return path to Elder Titan. When it reaches the enemy's position, begin channeling Echo Stomp, and the spirit will stop and begin channeling it on top of the enemy. This tactic may work pretty well since enemies are usually looking in the wrong direction and not expecting the Astral Spirit to be moving so quickly, let alone stop in the middle of a return.
- Natural Order can nullify base armor and counteract base magic resistance on enemy heroes, making even the toughest enemies much squishier.
- The Astral Spirit carries the base magic resistance reduction aura, while Elder Titan carries the base armor reduction aura.
- When not using Astral Spirit, Elder Titan carries both auras.
- Natural Order counters agility carries. As most agility carries will build agility items to boost their base damage and attack speed, they will also have unusually high amounts of base armor, which is nullified by Natural Order.
- Furthermore, agility carries will normally have smaller health pools, making them weak against magical nukes, which Natural Order also amplifies through its base magic resistance reduction aura.
- Teammates should make use of Natural Order aura on either Elder Titan, his Astral Spirit, or both. As Elder Titan fights enemies, his teammates should focus down any enemies he engages, or any enemies that are standing inside his Astral Spirit. Try to micromanage the Astral Spirit to put it on top of high-priority targets, in order to weaken their defenses from a distance if Elder Titan himself cannot reach them.
- Earth Splitter has a long delay but deals huge damage in a wide area. Using it successfully can weaken the entire enemy team and slow them down tremendously, allowing teammates to mop up.
- Combo Earth Splitter with Echo Stomp, as the sleep's duration allows the ultimate to run its full course.
- However, it can also follow disables by teammates, such as through , , , or .
- Place Elder Titan in close proximity of the enemy when the crack implodes, in order to apply the Natural Order debuff to them. This will ensure that the enemy will take almost the full brunt of the damage, and places Elder Titan in a favorable position to begin attacking the enemy using bonus damage from Astral Spirit, as they will be severely slowed as well.
- Due to its wide area and long range, Earth Splitter can be a strong chasing spell, as it can force enemy players to path differently in order to avoid the damage and slow.
- In emergencies, it can be used as an escape spell by using it in a direction and then running down the length of the crack, forcing enemies to break off or be damaged and slowed.
- provides health regeneration to offset any harass damage you take.
- also restores large amount of health.
- supplies mana to use rather expensive abilities of Elder Titan.
- has passive health regeneration and active mana restoration, a great starting item to survive and use abilities.
- provides bonus movement speed to Elder Titan, allowing him to evade ganks by the enemy supports in the offlane early game, but also allows him to get in position for his spells more quickly. Also, it improves the mobility of Astral Spirit, which is based on Elder Titan's own movement speed.
- allows Elder Titan to benefit from burst health and mana. In emergency situations, a full-charge Magic Stick can allow Elder Titan to cast any of his non-ultimate spells one more time, and can allow him to cast his ultimate provided that he is not completely out of mana.
- gives small movement speed bonus to allow Astral Spirit to reach for more units; it can upgrade to Tranquil Boots and Eul's Scepter of Divinity later on.
- provides Elder Titan with attributes and a way to instantly replenish health and mana.
- provides sustain with health regeneration, as well as increased movement speed for Astral Spirit to go through more units.
- can greatly improve Elder Titan's ability to cast spells, allowing him to draw from his health pool for mana.
- provides bonus movement speed for Elder Titan and Astral Spirit, as well as mana and mana regeneration to sustain his ability usage. Additionally, Cyclone can set up Echo Stomp or Split Earth.
- provides good attributes to increase health and mana; the active root can set up Echo Stomp or Split Earth.
- provides armor and health regeneration to increase Elder Titan's tankiness, and mana regeneration to fuel his spell casting. Echo Shell can be cast on an ally to discourage the enemy from casting targeted spells on them, or on Elder Titan himself to increase his survivability when directly engaging the enemy in combat.
- is a strong physical survivability item that gives Elder Titan more intelligence for casting spells and an active slow that benefits his abilities. Slowing the enemy down can make it harder for them to escape, allowing Elder Titan to catch up and apply his Natural Order aura, or can be stacked on top of a successful Earth Splitter to keep the enemy bunched up.
- applies movement speed slow to Elder Titan's attacks, letting him keep up Natural Order when chasing enemies in the early game.
- provides mana regeneration and blocks some magical damage, a good survivability item to purchase early.
- are very useful if Elder Titan is being built to cast instead of brawl. It increases the size of his mana pool and allows him to replenish his and his teammates' mana, greatly increasing his utility and allowing him to always have the mana to cast his spells in fights.
- serves many useful benefits on Elder Titan if he is being built in a support-utility role. The item's components are easy to build, and it increases the size of his mana pool while also giving him some health regeneration and an active that helps with his positioning, which can be crucial for getting his spells off.
- grants bonuses to strength, intelligence, and regeneration, which all help sustaining Elder Titan. Furthermore, Echo Stomp's long sleep duration serves as a great setup for Meteor Hammer's channeling time, allowing him to stun and damage enemies caught in the area.
- grants invisibility and magic resistance so you or an ally can escape.
- returns more damage to the enemies if you apply Natural Order.
- gives Elder Titan useful attributes across the board as well as an aura that provides movement and attack speed. The aura, as well as its active component, give Elder Titan an edge in teamfights, especially when combined with the bonuses provided by Astral Spirit.
- is a strong durability item on Elder Titan, and has good buildup due to the cheap price of its components. It provides an armor aura that gives Elder Titan and his teammates more survivability against physical damage, and the damage bonus and lifesteal aura also provide strong bonuses in teamfights. The mana regeneration also helps to maintain Elder Titan's mana pool.
- grants damage block, armor, and additional health which beefs up Elder Titan. The active ability allows him to increase the survivability of his team against physical attacks.
- provides Elder Titan and teammates with protection against magical damage, also allowing him to stand in teamfights and make the most of Natural Order against the enemies.
- provides Elder Titan with additional armor, attributes, and mana regeneration, giving him survivability and helping to maintain his mana pool. The active can be targeted on allies to give them more resistance to physical damage, or can be targeted on enemies to further reduce their armor alongside Natural Order, making them weaker against allied attacks, as well as Elder Titan's attacks (especially when combined with Astral Spirit) and Earth Splitter.
- serves as a utility and survivability item that increases Elder Titan's offensive potential. The strength and evasion give Elder Titan increased survivability against physical attacks, while the strength and damage bonus increase the power of his own physical attacks, adding a Maim on top that can slow his foes down. The active ability, Disarm, can also be used against the enemy's main carry, preventing them from attacking for some time.
- restores health and mana in a radius; the health regenerating and armor aura gets stronger on wounded allies.
- shares strong synergy with Elder Titan's abilities, on top of the physical survivability it grants. The attack speed allows Elder Titan to leverage any bonus damage he gains from Astral Spirit, while the armor reduction aura stacks with that of Natural Order, causing Elder Titan's attacks to hit even harder.
- spell immunity while channeling Echo Stomp and after hitting enemy heroes with it, protecting offensive Elder Titan as he plows through the enemy ranks. grants