Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
- debuff hits Death Prophet even while cycloned by .
- lowers her magic resistance and her kiting (keeping away) potential.
- prevents Death Prophet from gaining health from Spirit Siphon and Exorcism.
- Death Prophet has high mana pool and due to her reliance on her spells she will be vulnerable to his to nuking her from early to late game.
- can stop Death Prophet from casting spells, especially if Exorcism is not active, which makes her useless during team fights. Furthermore, Doom can still cast to chase after her.
- is a great initiation to kill Death Prophet before she can cast Exorcism. Furthermore, Legion Commander often builds and can reflect Exorcism's damage to kill Death Prophet easily.
- reduces Death Prophet movement speed keeping her in range.
- totally neglects the physical damage from Exorcism.
- , , can hurt Death Prophet really bad in the early stages of the game and due to Shadow Fiend's high attack damage most of Death Prophet's last hits will be denied in the laning phase. Additionally, can instantly kill Death Prophet at the start of team fights especially in combination with or .
- Generally, without Exorcism Death Prophet can contribute very little during teamfights, especially when she has been silenced, hexed or is focused down.
- is another good hero to shutdown Death Prophet with as his core item. His stops her from initiating and casting spells.
- Heroes that can kill Death Prophet with nuking abilities: , , , before casting or stops her Exorcism.
- can reflect Exorcism's damage when active. Since Exorcism will continue to do damage as long as it is active or until you are dead there is no way to stop someone from using 's active to harm you using your spirits.
- and can temporarily stop Death Prophet from casting spells, which renders Death Prophet useless during fights.
- can slow her down and drain her mana while attacking.
- , , , can easily dispel Death Prophet's silence.
- He is your best match up due to his low base movement speed, his nuke doesn't harm since you can recover it with Spirit Siphon. Also Silence can stop Zeus casting spells.
- Quas-Exort Invoker is also good a good matchup due to the fact he has no to run faster due to the movement impairment on his stealth. The and combo doesn't harm her as well since you can drain Invoker's HP with Spirit Siphon which forces him to retreat.
- Silence also prevent Invoker cyclone himself or gaining help with allies. or cast his main spells temporarily. There is no way Invoker can block it unless he has to
- Morphling is a bad match up against her but Death Prophet has tools to disrupt him. Morphling affected by silence makes it unable to use to boost health or use to escape.
- Silence counters silence also temporarily renders Timbersaw useless as he is a primarily spell-oriented hero. as it is Timbersaw's primary means of escape,
- Exorcism spirit does not count as regular attack, thus it will not trigger .
- Exorcism can quickly kill any Treants or Necronomicon units. Also Silence prevents him from using to escape or to lock you down.
- In early to mid stage, Silence is also a great way to counter escape oriented heroes such as , , to prevent them run-away from teamfights, provided that they don't have any basic dispel items to activate.
- High health heroes like strength by using abilities. Focusing them with Spirit Siphon can let you heal more health which gives you more survivability. and gain
- cyclone to almost guarantee silence the target which render him/her unable to cast spells for few seconds. to let you combo with Silence when target is landing down after
Works well with...
- disables enemies and allows to deal a lot of damage with Exorcism. It can be used as counter-initiation if Death Prophet is focused in teamfight.
- allows to deal a lot of damage with Exorcism. Even if Death Prophet is caught inside Chronosphere the spirits will still continue to move and do damage.
- Heroes with strong defensive abilities ( , etc) can help Death Prophet to survive longer to deal more damage and even heal herself back when Exorcism ends.
- Initiators with large AoE crowd control effects are fantastic with Death Prophet as they keep enemies still for Exorcism. The spirits from Exorcism are also capable of taking down towers quickly so she works well with others who are also capable of pushing fast and destroying buildings.
- Heroes with capable to summon units such as , or able to tammed neutrals such as , also a great way to help Death Prophet to pushing fast and destroy enemies buildings.