Unlike most other supports, his spells revolve around dealing physical damage, allowing his abilities to scale into the late game. His first ability, Poison Touch, is a spammable spell that greatly slows its target and then deals damage over time; out of all his abilities, Poison Touch is the only one that cannot pierce spell immunity. Shallow Grave prevents the target ally from dying under almost any circumstances for the next five seconds, allowing his teammates to survive impossible situations. Though it only prevents fatal damage and not disables such as stuns, it cannot be purged. Shadow Wave is a low-cooldown chain healing ability that deals damage to nearby enemies for each instance of healing, potentially allowing it to deal tremendous physical damage to enemies that are surrounded by Dazzle's allies. His ultimate, Weave, is a large armor bending ability that not only increases his allies' armor, but also decreases his enemies'. Possessing the ability to warp light and dark with his spells, Dazzle is a potent support hero who can prevent his allies from falling to the Nothl Realm, while hastening his foes' demise.
|Dazzle, the Shadow Priest|
|Play "Where my shadow falls, there falls my foe."|
|Role:||Support / Nuker / Disabler|
|Lore:||Each young acolyte to the Dezun order must complete a series of rites before becoming a shadow priest. The final rite, the rite of shades, is a harrowing spiritual journey through the Nothl Realm, an unpredictable domain from which not all visitants return. Of those who do, some return mad. Others return with strange aptitudes. But all who go there are changed by their experiences. Driven by the need for enlightenment, Dazzle was the youngest of his tribe ever to request the sacred ritual. At first the order refused him, saying he was too young. But Dazzle was not to be dissuaded. Sensing something special in the headstrong young acolyte, the elders relented. Dazzle drank down the sacred potion and sat by the fire while the rest of his tribe danced through the night. In this ethereal dimension of the Nothl Realm, the properties of light and dark are inverted. Thus his brilliant healing light, beautiful to our eye, is actually a sinister kind of evil; and the darkest deeds are done in a dazzling glow. The elders' intuition was prophetic: Dazzle returned to his people as a Shadow Priest like none seen before, with the power to heal as well as to destroy. Now he uses his gift to fight his enemies and help his friends.|
|Voice:||David Scully (Responses)|
- Poison Touch's projectile travels at a speed of 1300 and can be disjointed.
- Places a debuff on the target which lasts for 10.3 seconds. Depending on the skill level, different effects occur while the debuff is on:
- Level 1: 33% slow for 3 seconds, 200 damage per second for 4/5/6/7 seconds.
- Level 2: 33% slow for 2 seconds, 66% slow for 1 second, damage per second for 4/5/6/7 seconds.
- Level 3: 33% slow for 1 second, 66% slow for 1 second, 100% slow for 1 second, damage per second for 4/5/6/7 seconds.
- Level 4: 33% slow for 1 second, 66% slow for 1 second, stun for 1 second, damage per second for 4/5/6/7 seconds.
- There is a 0.3 second delay between before the stun is applied/damage starts ticking, so that the slow of the second instance lasts 0.3 seconds longer.
- Deals damage in 1 second intervals, starting 3.3 seconds after the debuff is placed, resulting in 1.0190476190476 damage instances.
- This means that it starts dealing damage right as the 3rd instance of slow or stun expire.
- Can deal up to 203.80952380952 ( Expression error: Missing operand for *.) damage to the target (before reductions).
- Multiple instances of Poison Touch fully stack with each other. Only the stun debuff gets shared.
- Prevents the target's health from dropping below 1 for its duration. No damage can kill it for its duration, not even self-inflicted damage.
- The target is kept alive by having its minimum health set to 1. Damage taken is technically not reduced.
- However, it does not prevent Culling Blade from killing the target, as it ignores the Shallow Grave buff.
- It does not prevent the target from suiciding with Bloodstone either.
- Protects from all damage types and from HP Removal. This means it can save a hero from dying to False Promise's delayed damage.
- Shallow Grave prevents the shatter from Ice Blast to proc when below its threshold, saving the hero for its duration.
- When upgraded, Shallow Grave turns into a ground-targeted ability, meaning it does not need to be centered on an ally to cast.
- Therefore, targeting an empty area is possible as well, wasting the mana and cooldown.
- Graves all heroes (including illusions and clones) and creep-heroes within the area.
- Does not grave invulnerable or hidden units within the area.
- Shadow Wave has no bounce delay, so all targets are healed at the same time.
- Priority order: Hurt allied heroes > hurt allied non-hero units (includes illusions) > allied heroes > non-hero units.
- Regardless of the target, Dazzle is always healed without counting towards the number of bounces, effectively healing 4/5/6/7 units.
- The damage radius is centered around each healed unit. An enemy unit can get damaged by all healed units per cast.
- Can deal up to 320/500/720/980 ( 400/600/840/1120) damage to a single unit (before reductions).
- Places a buff on allies and a debuff on enemies in the target area upon cast, so leaving or entering the area afterwards has no effect.
- Increases allies' armor and decreases enemies' armor by 0.75/1/1.25 in 1 second intervals, starting 1 second after the buff or debuff is placed.
- Increases or decreases armor by up to 18/24/30.
- Successive casts of Weave fully stack. Each cast places its own buff or debuff on the units, working fully independently from each other.
- Provides 575 radius ground vision at the targeted point for 3 seconds.
|+60 Shadow Wave Heal||25||-6s Poison Touch Cooldown|
|+25 Poison Touch DPS||20||+25 Movement Speed|
|+60 Damage||15||+100 Cast Range|
|+125 Health||10||+10 Intelligence|
- Upgrading health increases maximum health capacity and keeps the current health percentage.
- The attack damage is added as bonus attack damage, and therefore does not benefit illusions.
- The Shadow Wave talent also affects its area damage, not only its heal value.
- Tango allows Dazzle to survive against enemy harass damage so that he is not forced to retreat out of lane and leave his lane partner vulnerable.
- Healing Salve also restores health to Dazzle or allies.
- Iron Branch provides cost-effective attributes. They can be used to build into other useful items, or can be dropped in-lane to boost the healing power of a Tango.
- Clarity allows Dazzle to replenish his mana in lane, which in turn sustain his spell-casting, most importantly Shadow Wave to heal his ally.
- Animal Courier ferries items to teammates.
- Observer Ward provides map vision and information to make gameplay decisions, allowing teammates to engage in fights on their terms or to avoid enemy ganks.
- Magic Stick gives Dazzle burst health and mana. Staying alive long enough to cast one more spell in a fight can make a significant difference.
- Boots of Speed is crucial to purchase as early as possible on all heroes. In Dazzle's case, positioning is crucial for being able to cast his spells, and the additional movement speed allows him to chase down foes after inflicting them with Poison Touch.
- Urn of Shadows has great synergy with Dazzle's abilities. It provides its fair bit of cost-effective stats. The Urn charges allow Dazzle to heal teammates alongside Shadow Wave, or to add more damage during ganks and fights.
- Town Portal Scroll should be carried at all times. Dazzle's ability to turn the tide of teamfights, especially with a well-placed Shallow Grave, can save teammates' lives, which makes or breaks fights and even matches.
- Magic Wand, assembled from earlier Magic Stick and Iron Branch, provides extra attributes and charge storage to increase Dazzle survivability and longevity in fights.
- Medallion of Courage greatly synergizes with Dazzle's abilities, all of which deal physical damage. It provides additional armor for survivability and scaling mana regeneration, while the active can work alongside Weave to further augment allies' armor or further debilitate that of his foes.
- Arcane Boots improves the size of his mana pool, allowing him to use more abilities, and allows him to replenish the mana of himself and his teammates, further boosting his ability to support his team.
- Mekansm provides Dazzle with all-around attributes as well as armor, and allows him to further heal his teammates alongside Shadow Wave, lengthening their lifespans in fights.
- Solar Crest, upgraded from Medallion of Courage, greatly improves the item's effectiveness in all areas. The increased mana regen further allows Dazzle to take advantage of his high intelligence growth, while the evasion component further improves allies' survivability against enemy auto-attacks.
- Spirit Vessel, upgraded from Urn of Shadows, provides more useful bonuses like movement speed and health, as well as granting abilities to manipulate health and healing done on targets.
- Guardian Greaves, upgraded from Arcane Boots and Mekansm, restores health and mana to allies and removes debuffs from Dazzle. The Guardian Aura greatly boosts the survival of Dazzle's team, particularly when they are at low health, giving Dazzle a larger window with which to use Shallow Grave.
- Lotus Orb increases Dazzle's armor, improving survivability, and gives him bonus health and mana regeneration for self-sustain. Echo Shell lets Dazzle dispel debuffs from a target ally and bounce enemy unit-targeted abilities back against them. It may discourage enemies from casting spells against important allies, or can be combined with Shallow Grave to help improve survivability.
- Sentry Wards are important to purchase alongside Observer Wards, for taking away enemy map vision or spotting out invisible enemy heroes. Blinding the enemy to your team's movements allows you to use your spells to greater effect, particularly casting Weave on an unsuspecting enemy team.
- Ghost Scepter improves Dazzle's survivability in the face of overwhelming physical damage. Besides providing all-around attributes, it temporarily renders him immune to physical damage, allowing him to buy himself time to cast his spells.
- Glimmer Cape is a good utility item that helps Dazzle to further protect his teammates. Besides boosting his magic resistance slightly to provide survivability against magic nukes, using the active on a teammate who is being focused can buy them time to run away while greatly boosting their magic resistance. It can also be combined with Shallow Grave, greatly improving Dazzle's chances of successfully saving a teammate's life.
- Force Staff is a very strong support purchase that further augment's Dazzle's protective capabilities. It improves the size of Dazzle's mana pool while also providing HP regen for self-sustain. Besides allowing him to quickly re-position himself to cast his spells, casting the active on a fleeing teammate that is under the protection of Shallow Grave can immediately push them to safety, further guaranteeing their survival.
- Eul's Scepter of Divinity is a very strong utility item that can be obtained relatively cheaply. The improved intelligence and powerful scaling mana regen allow Dazzle to easily cast his spells whenever he needs to, while the improved base movement speed helps with positioning and chasing down or fleeing enemies. The active allows Dazzle to give himself temporary invulnerability while also purging debuffs from himself, or can be used to disable enemies while removing buffs, particularly if they are attempting to chase down and kill one of Dazzle's allies.
- Drum of Endurance is a cheap and easily built item that grants all-around attributes. The aura boosts Dazzle's mobility and gives his team extra movement and attack speed in fights, and the active can further increase his teamfight contribution.
- Pipe of Insight is a situationally strong utility item that further improves Dazzle's ability to protect his team. As he can already protect them against Physical damage with Weave, protecting them against Magical damage with Barrier will give the enemy very few openings with which to harm Dazzle's allies. The vastly improved health regeneration and magic resistance also make Dazzle himself much harder to eliminate in fights, allowing him to always be ready to protect his teammates.
- Rod of Atos is a strong utility support item that improves Dazzle's survivability and disabling potential. It greatly improves Dazzle's HP pool while also providing a large amount of intelligence to improve his mana pool. The active allows Dazzle to greatly slow enemies from long distance, and can be used before or after Poison Touch to severely restrict an enemy's movement speed for a long period of time.
- Shiva's Guard is a good utility item that increases Dazzle's teamfight contribution. It provides Dazzle with a large amount of armor, boosting his survivability, as well as intelligence to increase the size of his mana pool. Freezing Aura reduces enemies' attack speed, debilitating their ability to harm Dazzle's team with physical attacks, while Arctic Blast deals damage and slows in an area around Dazzle, stacking alongside Poison Touch and allowing teammates to more easily group around them for an offensively cast Shadow Wave.
- Scythe of Vyse is a very powerful item to purchase on any support hero, gold permitting. It provides all-around attributes as well as a large amount of intelligence and mana regen, increasing Dazzle's overall resilience and ensuring that he will never run out of mana. The Hex allows him to hard-disable a target enemy at range, greatly improving his contribution to teamfights.
- Aghanim's Scepter changes Shallow Grave a target area ability, as well as giving Dazzle all-around attributes. The area Shallow Grave allows Dazzle to save multiple allies at once, which can be especially powerful against strong area team fight abilities, such as Black Hole or Reverse Polarity.
- The current version of Dazzle was created in 6.39 (upon release, Weave was a regular ability while Shallow Grave was his ultimate), but there was another version of Dazzle, which was released in 6.00. However, this old version of the Shadow Priest only lasted for 3 version, as he was removed in 6.03. He was considered a "filler hero".
- Upon his release in 6.00, his name was Razzle, the Shadow Priest. His Title, Shadow Priest, and his abilities Shadow Word and Power Word are most likely a reference to the Priest, a playable class from World of Warcraft, a title from Blizzard Entertainment. The Priest class is able to assume a Shadow Form, turning it into a Shadow Priest and has several abilities named Shadow Word and Power Word, from which some have a similar effect to Razzle's spells.
Model and icons before November 21, 2013 Patch