|Hero||Strategy||Counters||Equipment||Gear||Responses||Sounds||Lore||Old Abilities||Changelogs||Known Bugs|
Ish'kafel, the Dark Seer, is a melee intelligence hero with versatile abilities that allow him to assist allies and greatly change the conditions of combat. His Vacuum in particular affects enemies in a large area and is a powerful crowd-control. It not only disorients and damages enemies, but also pushes them into a small area to follow up with area spells or to trigger other abilities, such as his Wall of Replica ultimate that turns the very power of enemies against them in the form of illusions that replicate their statistics. His other spells focus on buffing allies with speed, or in the case of his Ion Shell, granting an aura that radiates damage onto enemies who venture within it.
|Ish'Kafel, the Dark Seer|
|Play "If your enemy is equal, prepare for him. If greater, elude him. If weaker, crush him."|
|Lore:|| Fast when he needs to be, and a cunning strategist, Ish'Kafel the Dark Seer requires no edged weapons to vanquish his enemies, relying instead on the strength of his powerful mind. His talent lies in his ability to maneuver the fight to his advantage. Hailing from a place he calls 'The Land behind the wall,' Dark Seer remains an outsider here—a warrior from a realm beyond the veil of this reality.
Once a great general among his people, and a valiant defender of the god-king Damathryx, Dark Seer’s army was wiped out by a much larger force in the final days of the Great Boundaries War. Facing certain defeat, he made one last desperate act: he led the enemy forces into the maze between the walls. At the last moment, just before capture, he crossed over—then sealed the walls forever in an explosive release of dark energy. When the dust settled, he saw that he had saved his people but found himself blinking at the sun of a different world, with no way to return. Now he is committed to proving his worth as a military strategist, and vows to show that he’s the greatest tactician this strange new world has ever seen.
|Voice:||John Patrick Lowrie (Responses)|
- The pull duration always takes 0.5 seconds, no matter how far or close the units are from the center, so the speed varies.
- Affected units are fully disabled during the pull.
- The damage is applied upon losing the debuff, so that dispelling it causes it to happen earlier.
- Can pull units over impassable terrain.
- Vacuum destroys trees within 275 radius at the targeted point upon cast.
Cannot be cast on spell immune enemies. Shell persists if debuff was placed before spell immunity and when not dispelled.
- The shell can be put on enemy and allied units, damaging only enemy units. The unit with the shell itself is not damaged.
- Successive casts on the same unit do not stack. Casting it on a unit that already has the Ion Shell on, only refreshes the duration.
- Deals 3/5/7/9 ( 18/20/22/24) damage in 0.1 second intervals, starting 0.1 second after the cast, resulting in 250 damage instances.
- Can deal up to 750/1250/1750/2250 ( 4500/5000/5500/6000) damage to a single unit (before reductions), if it stays in range for the full duration.
- Affects invisible units that go close to the shell wearer, however, the visual effects do not appear.
- Cannot be cast on creep-heroes.
- The wall is always created perpendicular to the line between Dark Seer and the targeted point.
- Only creates illusions of heroes. Does not create them of illusions.
- Does not create an illusion for each Meepo clone, only one of them can have a Wall of Replica illusion at a time.
- When the illusion dies, the wall can create a new one of that hero as soon as it comes in range.
- Illusions created by Wall of Replica have a static 5 gold and experience bounty which does not scale with levels.
- Every time the wall creates an illusion, it slows the hero right afterwards.
- The illusions's duration is based on the remaining duration of the wall from which they originate.
- The illusion spawns 108 range away from the hero if the hero has a collision size of 24, and 72 if the collision size is 8. It appears either north, east, south or west from the target.
- Wall of Replica illusions are visually distinguishable for the enemies.
- When choosing the parallel wall talent, a second wall is placed 600 range behind the first wall, parallel to it.
- Both walls can affect the same units, so that two wall illusions can exist per hero at a time.
|+150 Ion Shell Damage||25||Parallel Wall|
|300 AoE Surge||20||15% Cooldown Reduction|
|+75 Vacuum AoE||15||+12 Health Regen|
|+90 Damage||10||12% Evasion|
- Tango sustains health in the laning stage.
- Healing Salve restores health to stay in lane.
- Clarity sustains mana to use Ion Shell.
- Iron Branch boosts Dark Seer's attributes, build up to a Magic Wand and/or Mekansm later on, or use with Tango for more healing.
- Enchanted Mango builds into Soul Ring at the Side Lane Shop.
- Stout Shield blocks some physical attacks whether you are laning or jungling.
- Magic Stick gives burst health and mana in a pinch.
- Soul Ring covers most of your mana issues and allows you to constantly use Ion Shell in order to harass your lane opponents and get some last hits.
- Boots of Speed gives mobility for chasing or running away.
- Infused Raindrop gives mana regeneration and absorbs some magical damage.
- Magic Wand sustains health and mana in fights.
- Helm of the Dominator allows you to pull off Vacuum combos by yourself. Also, gives you an additional controllable unit to use Ion Shell on to fight or to push out waves.
- Arcane Boots increase your mana pool and allow you to restore your teammates' mana.
- Mekansm adds to Dark Seer's teamfight effectiveness and increases durability. Also his decent intelligence gain means he will generally have enough mana to use the heal.
- Blink Dagger can help you positioning to place a better vacuum wall combo.
- Town Portal Scroll allows you to be at any lane for a gank, countergank, or push in seconds.
- Guardian Greaves restores both health and mana to team; the health regeneration and armor aura works better on wounded allies.
- Shiva's Guard grants you more punch to your Vacuum and Wall of Replica initiation, and gives you armor and intelligence.
- Lotus Orb removes debuffs from Dark Seer or an ally, as well as granting Echo Shell to reflect spells.
- Force Staff changes position of Dark Seer or any heroes.
- Pipe of Insight grants you and your allies protection from magical damage.
- Crimson Guard can protect your team from physical attacks in teamfights.
- Aghanim's Scepter effectively allows your illusions to deal more damage than your opponents, thereby significantly increasing your team fight potential.
- Ghost Scepter should be considered to counter high physical damage dealers, ensuring your survival to use abilities.
- Black King Bar guarantees your initiation with spell immunity to ward off almost all disables.
- Scythe of Vyse grants mana regeneration and Hex to completely nullify an enemy hero from using abilities or attacking.
- Refresher Orb allows you to use your abilities and items twice in a row if needed.
- Radiance for dealing more magical damage combined with ion shell and 17% miss chance combined with your evasion.Octarine Core.
- Octarine Core will restore your health beacause of your aoe magical damage abilities and lowering cooldowns for better influence in fight.
|Roles:||Initiator Jungler Escape Disabler|
|Playstyle:||In a final, calculated move, Ish'Kafel led his outnumbered army into a new world, sealing the path behind with a burst of dark energy. A cunning tactician, the Dark Seer manipulates gravity to pull foes into a Vacuum, drawing them into the prismatic thorns of his Ion Shell. Armed only with his intellect, he Surges across the land to survey every point of conflict. At strategic locations Ish'Kafel places a Wall of Replica, sowing confusion amongst enemy ranks as an army of duplicates emerge to do battle against their own likenesses.|
- Dark Seer's response, "Speed is the heart of battle." is an indirect quote of Chinese military strategist Sun Tzu, who said "Quickness is the essence of war."
- Dark Seer's response, Play "No, I will not calm my beard." is a response to Beastmaster's and Clockwerk's rival hero taunts, both voiced by Sam A. Mowry.
- Dark Seer's Vacuum's lore is based on the military term, center of gravity, which is a concept developed by Carl Von Clausewitz, a Prussian military theorist, in his work On War.