- keeps Clinkz visible.
- reveals Clinkz if he tries to escape with Skeleton Walk with low health. It also allows Bloodseeker to match or exceed Clinkz's speed.
- If Clinkz is d he cannot use the bonus movement speed from Skeleton Walk to escape or reposition in fights without being hurt.
- Bloodseeker can easily build items to counter Clinkz, including upgrades, , and armor items.
- takes a damage to Clinkz while he is on Skeleton Walk.
- Doom can pick up several different abilities from neutral creeps using , some of which can be annoying to Clinkz.
- prevents Clinkz escaping or initiating from Skeleton Walk. With , Strafe is also removed.
- prevents Clinkz from harassing Enchantress in lane by lowering his attack speed.
- slows Clinkz and dispels Strafe, leaving him exposed and with less offensive capabilities.
- helps Enchantress to sustain from Clinkz' harrass in Lane.
- and can hold Clinkz down, giving him no chance to use or Skeleton Walk.
- quickly kills Clinkz, due to his low health.
- Slardar can reveal Clinkz with and make him easy to kill.
- Slardar's can match speed with Clinkz's Skeleton Walk.
- The stun and slow from Slardar's can hold Clinkz in place.
- Possibly Clinkz's worst enemy. He has many tools to utterly destroy Clinkz.
- can be used on Clinkz if Spirit Breaker's team spots him anywhere. This charge will track his location through Skeleton Walk's invisibility and movement speed bonuses.
- When Spirit Breaker charges onto Clinkz he can easily use to guarantee a reveal on him while stunned.
- All three of Spirit Breaker's spells help him and his team quickly close the gap to Clinkz even at the edge of his attack range or when running away with Skeleton Walk.
- Spirit Breaker's high strength and above average armor makes him able to endure Clinkz's onslaught, meanwhile Clinkz will be heavily threatened if Spirit Breaker procs a .
- Clinkz will often roam the map alone, and Treant Protector's allows him to set up kills with his allies on Clinkz from invisibility.
- Treant Protector is one of the only heroes with more attack damage than Clinkz in the laning phase, allowing him to trade hits with and contest Clinkz's last hits.
- In teamfights, Treant Protector's can disarm Clinkz, prevent him from turning invisible, and hold him in place even if he has a .
- protects any of Treant's allies ganked by Clinkz globally.
- Treant Protector's can slow Clinkz, preventing him from repositioning or fleeing away from danger.
- and allows to slow and kill Clinkz in lane, even through Strafe.
- allows Winter Wyvern to target Clinkz allies from radius, wasting his Strafe duration.
- Heroes that can burn or drain mana in the lane, such as , , and reduce Clinkz's ability to last hit with Searing Arrows or escape with Skeleton Walk.
- Another hero that can destroy Clinkz early game is , as he is another ganker with burst damage who can reflect Clinkz's slow-moving attacks with . Though he can be countered with s, unlike .
- Heroes that excel at grouping up with their team very early will be able to take advantage of a Clinkz that tries to pick off heroes that are alone: , ,
- Heroes with high armor like , or with ability to cause attacks to miss like and will be an hard to deal with, as Clinkz relies almost entirely on physical attacks.
- Abilities that grant True Sight, such as ' and can reveal Clinkz on the minimap to the rest of his enemies.
- , and s are very effective against Clinkz's invisibility, though he still has high movement speed while invisible.
- Black King Bar. Due to his high attack speed and range, Clinkz can have 3-4 attack projectiles flying at once, which are easy to reflect with Blade Mail. can deal huge damage to Clinkz, as it returns the damage Clinkz deals, and Clinkz has no way to heal himself in a fight or protect against this damage with
- Clinkz lacks any kind of disable, relying most times on an or . blocks these and allows his target to escape. can dispel them and also provides armor that protects from Clinkz's attacks. These items prove useless if Clinkz goes for a full damage build however.
- All of Clinkz's damage comes from his attacks. If an enemy can build high amounts of armor, such as or , Clinkz becomes much less of a threat to them. Special mention goes to which also slows Clinkz's attack speed.
- After emerging from invisibility, items such as and can be used to create distance between Clinkz and his target, preventing Clinkz from dealing damage.
- true sight and deals heavy damage if killed by Clinkz. Necronomicon Archer's Purge can dispel Strafe and slow him down. Necronomicon Warrior provides
- Anti-Mage's provides no protection against Clinkz's physical damage output.
- Clinkz can easily rush an to prevent Blinking. Though Anti-mage can easily counter it and buy a .
- Clinkz does heavy damage to towers, and can take map control away from Anti-Mage to limit the space he has to farm early game. If Clinkz is ahead he is capable of ending the game before Anti-Mage becomes a threat. He can also match Anti-Mage's ability to split push.
- Ember Spirit's provides no protection against Clinkz's physical damage output.
- Ember Spirit's low armor and health make him easy to kill quickly if a teammate can hold him down.
- If Clinkz has farmed a disable item he can use invisibility to hunt down Ember Spirit while he farms or split pushes alone.
- Huskar's provides no protection against Clinkz's physical damage output.
- Huskar has no way to disrupt Clinkz's attacks and no way to kill Clinkz alone, as Clinkz can easily go invisible, teleport away, or even fight back.
- Clinkz will often build the items that counter Huskar and the items he usually builds. These include or for , or a disable item like or to prevent him from using to disarm.
- Nature's Prophet is often by himself. Clinkz can use invisibility to hunt him down and kill him, although a Quelling Blade may be needed to cut through his . Orchid Malevolence may also be needed if 3-4 seconds are not enough time to kill him, as he can teleport away.
- Clinkz can match Nature's Prophet's ability to split push.
- Any hero who spends a lot of time alone and has not farmed an item like to protect themselves is easy food for a Clinkz with or .
- If a hero cannot quickly close a gap Clinkz can often kill them in the time it takes them to reach him in a teamfight.
Works well with...
- Drow Ranger's Precision Aura provides a massive boost to Clinkz' damage output.
- Her Frost Arrows also slows enemies that aid Clinkz to attack the target more easily.
- She also has a strong silence, allowing Clinkz to save up his Orchid's ability.
- In the laning phase, Clinkz can go invisible and stand next to enemies so that Purification's damage hits them for sure, setting up a kill this way.
- Degen Aura's strong slow allows Clinkz to get more attacks off on enemies.
- Vengeful Spirit can use to decrease the armor of enemies. This will amplify all of Clinkz's damage.
- Clinkz has no crowd control. Vengeful Spirit's can keep enemies in place so Clinkz can hit them. She can also bring back escaping enemies with .
- Vengeful Spirit's amplifies Clinkz's physical damage further.
- If Clinkz is cornered by the enemy team Vengeful Spirit can him out to the edge of a teamfight where he can safely deal damage.
- Heroes with long duration disables to give Clinkz an opening to Strafe his target: , , etc.