- reveals Clinkz if he tries to escape with Skeleton Walk with low health. It also allows Bloodseeker to match or exceed Clinkz's speed.
- negates the mobility provided by Skeleton Walk in any attempt to escape or reposition in fights.
- Bloodseeker can easily build items to counter Clinkz, including upgrades, , and armor items.
- reveals Clinkz if he tries to escape with Skeleton Walk and gaining Bounty Hunter a lots of gold.
- with physical damage items can quickly kill Clinkz, due to his low health.
- deals damage to Clinkz during Skeleton Walk.
- shuts down Clinkz entirely, as it prevents him from casting any of his spells and contributing a large amount of damage in teamfights.
- prevents Clinkz from harassing Enchantress in lane by lowering his attack speed.
- helps Enchantress to sustain from Clinkz' harrass in Lane.
- and can hold Clinkz down, giving him no chance to use or Skeleton Walk.
- quickly kills Clinkz, due to his low health.
- By using , Morphling can use Death Pact and Searing Arrows to counter Clinkz himself.
- can allow Morphling to easily chase down Clinkz.
- Clinkz's low health pool also makes him vulnerable to Morphling's magical nukes, especially and combo.
- Slardar can reveal Clinkz with and make him easy to kill, and his also hits hard against Clinkz's naturally low health pool.
- Slardar's can catch up with Clinkz's Skeleton Walk.
- The stun and slow from Slardar's can hold Clinkz in place.
- Spectre can instantly escape Burning Army or hunt a Clinkz with .
- Spectre can catch up to him with , even if he uses Skeleton Walk.
- allows Spectre to hit Clinkz through Skeleton Walk.
- makes Spectre tanky and also reflects some damage back to Clinkz.
- Possibly Clinkz's worst enemy. He has many tools to utterly destroy Clinkz.
- can be used on Clinkz if Spirit Breaker's team spots him anywhere. This charge will track his location through Skeleton Walk's invisibility and movement speed bonuses.
- When Spirit Breaker charges onto Clinkz, he can easily use to guarantee a reveal on him while stunned.
- All three of Spirit Breaker's spells help him and his team quickly close the gap to Clinkz even at the edge of his attack range or when running away with Skeleton Walk.
- Spirit Breaker's high strength and above average armor makes him able to endure Clinkz's onslaught, meanwhile Clinkz will be heavily threatened if Spirit Breaker procs a .
- Clinkz will often roam the map alone, and Treant Protector's allows him to set up kills with his allies on Clinkz from invisibility.
- Treant Protector's very high damage allowing him to trade hits or contest last hits with Clinkz, while can be used to sustain the harass.
- protects any of Treant's allies ganked by Clinkz.
- In teamfights, Treant Protector's can disarm Clinkz, prevent him from turning invisible, and hold him in place even if he has a .
- slows Clinkz, preventing him from repositioning or fleeing away from danger.
- can heal herself or an ally, as well as protecting them from Clinkz' physical attacks and wasting his mana if Searing Arrows is on autocast.
- allows Winter Wyvern to turn Clinkz' high damage (and high attack speed if he used Skeleton Walk) against his allies, or take advantage of Clinkz' fragility if he can't use Skeleton Walk.
- Zeus can reveal Clinkz with and makes him vulnerable to Zeus' magical nukes, due to his low health pool.
- Heroes that excel at grouping up with their team very early will be able to take advantage of a Clinkz that tries to pick off heroes that are alone: , , .
- Heroes with high armor like , or with abilities to cause attacks to miss like , and will be hard to deal with, as Clinkz relies almost entirely on physical attacks.
- , and s are very effective against Clinkz's invisibility, though he still has high movement speed while invisible.
- can deal huge damage to Clinkz and it has no way to heal himself in a fight or protect against this damage with . Due to his high attack speed and range, Clinkz can have 3-4 attack projectiles flying at once, which are easy to reflect with Blade Mail.
- If Clinkz starts to build or as a source of reliable disable: can blocks these and allows his target to escape. or to dispel them.
- All of Clinkz's damage comes from his attacks. If an enemy can build high amounts of armor, such as or , Clinkz becomes much lesser of a threat to them. Special mention goes to which also slows Clinkz's attack speed.
- After emerging from invisibility, items such as and can be used to create distance between Clinkz and his target, preventing Clinkz from dealing damage.
- Natural counter to physical burster like any item that provide armor, or proved to be useful against Clinkz.
- and , while useful to mitigate Clinkz's attack output, cannot entirely protect your team from his Skeleton Archer.
- True Sight and deals heavy damage if killed by Clinkz. Necronomicon Archer's Purge can dispel Strafe and slow him down. Necronomicon Warrior provides
- Anti-Mage's provides no protection against Clinkz's physical damage output.
- Clinkz can easily rush an to prevent ing, although Anti-Mage can easily dispel it via .
- Clinkz does heavy damage to towers, and can take map control away from Anti-Mage to limit the space he has to farm early game. If Clinkz is ahead he is capable of ending the game before Anti-Mage becomes a threat. He can also match Anti-Mage's ability to split push.
- Ember Spirit's provides no protection against Clinkz's physical damage output.
- Ember Spirit's low armor and health make him easy to kill quickly if a teammate can hold him down.
- If Clinkz has farmed an item that can disable, he can sneak up to and hunt down Ember Spirit while he farms or split pushes alone.
- Huskar's provides no protection against Clinkz's physical damage output.
- Huskar has no way to disrupt Clinkz's attacks and no way to kill Clinkz alone, as Clinkz can easily go invisible, teleport away, or even fight back.
- Clinkz will often build the items that counter Huskar and the items he usually builds. These include or for , or a disable item like or to prevent him from using to disarm.
- Nature's Prophet is often by himself. Clinkz can use invisibility to hunt him down and kill him, although a Quelling Blade may be needed to cut through his . Orchid Malevolence may also be needed if 3-4 seconds are not enough time to kill him, as he can teleport away.
- Clinkz can match Nature's Prophet's ability to split push.
- Clinkz does not have any passive abilities at all, making nearly useless.
- Viper's provides no protection against Clinkz's physical damage output.
- Any hero who spends a lot of time alone and has not farmed an item like to protect themselves is easy food for a Clinkz with or .
- If a hero cannot quickly close a gap, Clinkz can often kill them in the time it takes them to reach him in a teamfight.
- With , Clinkz becomes a strong counter to heroes who rely on evasion and blind such as , , and .
Works well with...
- Her Frost Arrows also slows enemies that aid Clinkz to attack the target more easily.
- She also has a strong silence, allowing Clinkz to save up his Orchid's ability.
- In the laning phase, Clinkz can go invisible and stand next to enemies so that Purification's damage hits them for sure, setting up a kill this way.
- Degen Aura's strong slow allows Clinkz to get more attacks off on enemies.
- Vengeful Spirit can use to decrease the armor of enemies. This will amplify all of Clinkz's damage.
- Clinkz has no crowd control. Vengeful Spirit's can keep enemies in place so Clinkz can hit them. She can also bring back escaping enemies with .
- Vengeful Spirit's amplifies Clinkz's physical damage further.
- If Clinkz is cornered by the enemy team Vengeful Spirit can him out to the edge of a teamfight where he can safely deal damage.
- Heroes with long duration disables to give Clinkz an opening to hit his target with the bonus attack speed gain from Skeleton Walk: , , etc.