- Abaddon could punish Chaos Knight for using Phantasm and Reality Rift combo on him with his . Additionally, it provides extra protection against Chaos Knight's potential to take Abaddon down quickly.
- Furthermore, Abaddon's makes it utterly impossible to burst Abaddon down.
- Tinker's Aghanim's Scepter upgraded can blind him and all of his Phantasm illusions.
- allows Axe to lock down Chaos Knight and his illusions.
- combined with clears illusions out in no time.
- is a real problem to Chaos Knight early game, considering his already low mana pool.
- upgraded is an AoE ability, which can deal a tremendous amount of damage to his illusions.
- from can instantly kill the Phantasm army early game and can still deal a lot of damage to them late game, revealing the real Chaos Knight.
- 's armor bonus greatly reduces the damage dealt by Phantasm.
- and 's splash damage quickly destroy illusions and reduces their damage output.
- will deal a colossal amount of damage to your army, as will at lower levels.
- The area stuns from spell immunity. will always slow down your illusions, since they can't have
- usually catches Chaos Knight with all his illusions.
- deals damage based on max health, quickly killing Phantasm illusions.
- and punish Reality Rift with a long stun and heavy damage across all illusions.
- Lich's , especially after obtaining its respective talent that provides unlimited bounces, can take out all of Chaos Knight's illusions quickly.
- Using Reality Rift sets up a on Chaos Knight and his illusions.
- and kill Phantasm's illusions quickly, as can cast on a melee carry.
- and combo can easily cause havoc on Chaos Knight by destroying all of his powerful illusions.
- Chaos Knight without Phantasm cannot deal with at all.
- allows Phantom Lancer to overwhelm Chaos Knight due to his single-target abilities.
- can be used to dodge Chaos Bolt.
- can be used to harass Chaos Knight during the early game.
- Since Phantom Lancer build often, it can quickly drain Chaos Knight of all his mana, leaving him unable to cast spells.
- heals a teammate targeted by Reality Rift and heavily damages Chaos Knight and his illusions in the process.
- blocks all of Chaos Knight's damage for a duration.
- ethereal, protecting them from Chaos Knight's and his illusions' attacks. turns the target
- instantly destroys illusions. It can effectively negate Phantasm when upgraded with .
- quickly clears out illusions and can harass Chaos Knight in lane.
- Sand King's massive area damage output, particularly , allows him to quickly take down Chaos Knight and his illusions.
- He can apply to illusions with attacks for extra damage.
- Sven's shorter cast time allows him to use on Chaos Knight and his illusions before he can cast Chaos Bolt.
- 's armor bonus counteracts Reality Rift's slow and reduces Chaos Knight's damage output.
- and devastates Phantasm illusions.
- damages and disables Chaos Knight's army.
- deals respectable area damage at early levels and lowers Chaos Knight's damage.
- dispels Chaos Bolt and Reality Rift while providing protection from damage.
- Strong area damage, particularly from
and , lets Timbersaw clear out illusions quickly.
- directly reduces Strength from both Chaos Knight and his Phantasm illusions, reducing both the damage output and raw health that the hero relies on.
- quickly builds stacks against Phantasm illusions, making Timbersaw hard to kill.
- allows Timbersaw to escape while surrounded.
- protects targets of Reality Rift.
- turns Phantasm illusions against Chaos Knight or a teammate.
- deals decent area damage to Phantasm illusions.
- 's percentage-based damage quickly wears down Chaos Knight's health.
- cannot be dispelled by Phantasm, and can be used to tag the real Chaos Knight hiding within his illusions.
- If Witch Doctor has an
, will bounce between Chaos Knight's illusions, destroying them quickly.
- However, is easily interrupted by Chaos Bolt until Witch Doctor buys or .
- Puck's area of effect nukes in the form of and clears Phantasm illusions from the early game to mid game.
- can be used to disjoint Chaos Bolt.
- Heroes with strong area damage to destroy Phantasm illusions: , , ,
- Illusion-based and multi-unit heroes can take advantage of Chaos Knight's lack of area damage: , , ,
- provides armor and a negative attack speed aura, reducing the damage output of Chaos Knight and his illusions, and can slow and damage them with Arctic Blast.
- is a great item when timed right to destroy all the illusions instantly and it does a great job in countering Chaos Knight's high damage output in general.
- allow heroes to evade Chaos Knight's attacks, reducing his damage output.
- ethereal. and prevent Chaos Knight from focusing down a target by turning it
- creates illusions that can make it difficult for Chaos Knight to initiate on the real hero.
- prevent Chaos Knight from using his targeted skills effectively.
- Phantasm's illusions make it difficult for Bane to target Chaos Knight with , and .
- Chaos Bolt is a comparatively low cooldown tool to interrupt .
- can be transferred by Phantasm illusions.
- Phantasm dispels , and the illusions make it difficult to Track the real Chaos Knight.
- Bounty Hunter is fragile and can easily be killed by Chaos Knight and Phantasm's illusions.
- Phantasm removes and dispels . Additionally, the Phantasm illusions make it difficult to use Glimpse and Thunder Strike on the real Chaos Knight.
- Disruptor's lack of mobility, combined with his lack of innate defense, sets him up for a Reality Rift and a beatdown by Chaos Knight and his illusions.
- Reality Rift lets Chaos Knight bypass the Spirit Bear and jump onto Lone Druid.
- The Spirit Bear's lack of scaling means it dies quickly to Chaos Knight during the late-game.
- Phantasm's illusions make it difficult to land and .
- Chaos Bolt is a comparatively low cooldown tool to interrupt .
- Chaos Strike's lifesteal offsets 's damage.
- While Chaos Knight can land far away from Rubick due to , it can be counteracted by Reality Rift.
- Phantasm dispels 's damage reduction debuff.
- Rubick is fragile and can easily be killed by Chaos Knight and Phantasm's illusions, before he retaliates.
- Casting Phantasm before a fight minimizes the disruption from .
- Because Chaos Knight generally relies on attack damage, Silencer's spells won't be as effective against him.
- is minimally effective against Phantasm illusions, and Slark lacks area damage otherwise.
- can be counteracted by Reality Rift.
- Slark is naturally frail and dies quickly to Chaos Knight's burst damage before he can build stacks.
- Be aware, however, that can make Slark hard to kill as he can't be targeted during its duration.
- Phantasm's illusions can be used to push towers and force Techies to detonate .
- Phantasm's illusions can be used to sweep and s.
- Chaos Knight can easily kill a lone Techies before they .
- Ursa cannot effectively fight against Phantasm's illusions with his single-target damage.
- Chaos Bolt's potentially long stun with Chaos Bolt gives Ursa little opportunity to .
- As Viper focuses on single-target damage, he has trouble fighting off Phantasm illusions.
- Reality Rift counteracts Viper's slows and reduces his durability.
- Phantasm gives Chaos Knight a significant advantage against single-target damage dealers: , , , .
- Single-target disablers will have difficulty locking down a Chaos Knight with Phantasm active: , , , , , .
- Innately fragile heroes will die almost instantly to Reality Rift while Chaos Knight has illusions active: , , , .
Works well with...
- helps sustain Chaos Knight's limited mana pool.
- and provide decent set-up for Chaos Knight's spells.
- A 4 second Chaos Bolt stun can render an enemy helpless against .
- solves Chaos Knight's mana issues.
- Chaos Bolt provides setup for .
- The heal from during daytime helps keep Phantasm illusions alive.
- Morphling can take down stunned opponents with his fast attacks, and use through Chaos Knight illusions, hitting any foe in their midst.
- Morphling can catch up to a running target and use his Adaptive Strike (Strength) to push them toward Chaos Knight, in range to use Chaos Bolt or Reality Rift.
- With , Morphling can into another Chaos Knight, with his own Chaos Bolt and Reality Rift to use in conjunction with the original's. Morphling also commonly builds , which has good synergy with all of Chaos Knight's abilities.
- can create two extra Chaos Knight illusions to inflict more damage on the enemy.
- and allow Chaos Knight's attempts to approach enemies with good escape methods easier.
- 's nuke may bring enemies HP down low enough for Chaos Knight to finish the job with Chaos Strike and illusions.
- Armor reduction considerably boosts Chaos Knight's damage output, especially area debuffs which allow Chaos Knight to pick off more enemies: , , ,
- Heroes that can make good use of Chaos Bolt's stun to land delayed or damage over time abilities: , ,