- Abaddon could punish Chaos Knight for using Phantasm and Reality Rift combo on him with his . Plus, the said ability could also further hinder Chaos Knight's potential to burst Abaddon down in seconds.
- Furthermore, Abaddon's makes Chaos Knight utterly impossible to burst Abaddon down.
- Tinker's Aghanim's Scepter upgraded can blind him and all of his Phantasm illusions.
- allows Axe to lock down Chaos Knight and his illusions.
- combined with clears illusions out in no time.
- is a real problem to Chaos Knight early game, considering his already low mana pool. It also instantly kills his illusions. With the Level 20 talent, Mana Drain affects two additional targets, making short work of his illusions.
- upgraded is an AoE ability, which can deal a tremendous amount of damage to his illusions.
destroys illusions instantly.
- With the level 25 talent, Hex becomes an AoE ability, killing all of Chaos Knight's illusions with a single use.
- from can instantly kill the Phantasm army early game and can still deal a lot of damage to them late game, revealing the real Chaos Knight.
- 's armor bonus greatly reduces the damage dealt by Phantasm.
- and 's splash damage quickly destroy illusions and reduces their damage out put.
- will deal a colossal amount of damage to your army, as will at lower levels.
- The area stuns from spell immunity. will always slow down your illusions, since they can't have
- usually catches Chaos Knight with all his illusions.
- deals damage based on max health, quickly killing Phantasm illusions.
- and punish Reality Rift with a long stun and heavy damage across all illusions.
- Lich's , if upgraded with , will be enough for him to destroy Chaos Knight's illusions.
- Using Reality Rift sets up a on Chaos Knight and his illusions.
- and kill Phantasm's illusions quickly, as can cast on a melee carry.
- and combo can easily cause havoc on Chaos Knight by destroying all of his powerful illusions.
- Chaos Knight without Phantasm cannot deal with at all.
- allows Phantom Lancer to overwhelm Chaos Knight due to his single-target abilities.
- can be used to dodge Chaos Bolt.
- can be used to harass Chaos Knight during the early game.
- Since Phantom Lancer build often, it can quickly drain Chaos Knight of all his mana, leaving him unable to cast spells.
- heals a teammate targeted by Reality Rift and heavily damages Chaos Knight and his illusions in the process.
- blocks all of Chaos Knight's damage for a duration.
- ethereal, protecting them from Chaos Knight's and his illusions' attacks. turns the target
- instantly destroys illusions. It can effectively negate Phantasm when upgraded with .
- quickly clears out illusions and can harass Chaos Knight in lane.
- Sand King's massive area damage output, particularly , allows him to quickly take down Chaos Knight and his illusions.
- He can apply to illusions with attacks for extra damage.
- Sven's shorter cast time allows him to use on Chaos Knight and his illusions before he can cast Chaos Bolt.
- 's armor bonus counteracts Reality Rift's slow and reduces Chaos Knight's damage output.
- and devastates Phantasm illusions.
- damages and disables Chaos Knight's army.
- deals respectable area damage at early levels and lowers Chaos Knight's damage.
- dispels Chaos Bolt and Reality Rift while providing protection from damage.
- Strong area damage, particularly from , lets Timbersaw clear out illusions quickly.
- quickly builds stacks against Phantasm illusions, making Timbersaw hard to kill.
- allows Timbersaw to escape while surrounded.
- protects targets of Reality Rift.
- turns Phantasm illusions against Chaos Knight or a teammate.
- deals decent area damage to Phantasm illusions.
- 's percentage-based damage quickly wears down Chaos Knight's health.
- cannot be dispelled by Phantasm, and can be used to tag real Chaos Knight hidden by his illusions.
- If Witch Doctor has an
, will bounce between Chaos Knight's illusions, destroying them quickly.
- Take advantage while channeling Death Ward it will be cancelled by Chaos Bolt and Reality Rift until Witch Doctor buys or .
- Puck's area of effect nukes and clears Phantasm illusions from early game to mid game.
- can be used to disjoint Chaos Bolt.
- Heroes with strong area damage to destroy Phantasm illusions: , , ,
- Heroes that can instantly destroy illusions greatly reduce Phantasm's effectiveness: ( ), ( )
- Illusion-based and multi-unit heroes can take advantage of Chaos Knight's lack of area damage: , , ,
- provides armor and a negative attack speed aura, reducing the damage output of Chaos Knight and his illusions, and can slow and damage them with Arctic Blast.
- is a great item when timed right to destroy all the illusions instantly and it does a great job in countering Chaos Knight's high damage output in general.
- allow heroes to evade Chaos Knight's attacks, reducing his damage output.
- ethereal. and prevent Chaos Knight from focusing down a target by turning it
- creates illusions that can make it difficult for Chaos Knight to initiate on the real hero.
- prevent Chaos Knight from using his targeted skills effectively.
- Phantasm's illusions make it difficult to spam , and .
- Chaos Bolt & Reality Rift are a comparatively low cooldown tool to interrupt .
- is easily removed by Phantasm illusions.
- Phantasm dispels , and the illusions make it difficult to Track the real Chaos Knight.
- Bounty Hunter is fragile and can easily be killed by Chaos Knight and Phantasm's illusions.
- Phantasm removes and dispels . Additionally the Phantasm illusion makes it difficult to spam Glimpse and use Thunder Strike on the real Chaos Knight.
- Disruptor's lack of mobility, combined with his lack of defense items, sets him up for a Reality Rift and a beatdown by Chaos Knight and his illusions.
- Reality Rift lets Chaos Knight bypass the Spirit Bear and jump on Lone Druid.
- The Spirit Bear's lack of scaling means it dies quickly to Chaos Knight during the late-game.
- Phantasm's illusions make it difficult to land and .
- Chaos Bolt is a comparatively low cooldown tool to interrupt .
- Chaos Strike's lifesteal offsets 's damage.
- While Chaos Knight can land far away from Rubick due to , it can be counteracted by Reality Rift.
- Phantasm dispels 's damage reduction debuff.
- Rubick is fragile and can easily be killed by Chaos Knight and Phantasm's illusions, before he retaliates.
- Casting Phantasm before a fight minimizes the disruption from .
- Because Chaos Knight generally relies on right clicks, Silencer's spells won't be as effective agains him.
- is minimally effective against Phantasms, and Slark lacks area damage otherwise.
- can be counteracted by Reality Rift.
- Slark is naturally frail and dies quickly to Chaos Knight's burst damage before he can build stacks.
- Be aware, however, that can make Slark hard to kill as he can't be targeted during its duration.
- Phantasm's illusions can be used to push towers and force Techies to detonate .
- Phantasm's illusions can be used to sweep and s.
- Chaos Knight can easily kill a lone Techies before they .
- Ursa cannot effectively fight against Phantasm's illusions with his single-target damage.
- Chaos Bolt's potentially long stun with Chaos Bolt gives Ursa little opportunity to .
- As Viper focuses on single-target damage, he has trouble fighting off Phantasm illusions.
- Reality Rift counteracts Viper's slows and reduces his durability.
- Phantasm gives Chaos Knight a significant advantage against single-target damage dealers: , , , .
- Single-target disablers will have difficulty locking down a Chaos Knight with Phantasm active: , , , , , .
- Innately fragile heroes will die almost instantly to Reality Rift while Chaos Knight has illusions active: , , , .
Works well with...
- helps sustain Chaos Knight's limited mana pool.
- and provide decent set-up for Chaos Knight's spells.
- A 4 second Chaos Bolt stun can render an enemy helpless against .
- solves Chaos Knight's mana issues.
- Chaos Bolt provides setup for .
- The heal from during daytime helps keep Phantasm illusions alive.
- Morphling can take down stunned opponents with his fast right clicks, and use through Chaos Knight illusions hitting any foe in their midst.
- Morphling can catch up a running target and use his Adaptive Strike (Strength) to push them toward Chaos Knight, in range to use Chaos Bolt or Reality Rift.
- When the talent to copy allies is selected, Morph can turn into another Chaos Knight, with his own Chaos Bolt and Reality Rift to use in conjunction with the original's, not to mention the possibility of also having in his built, for more 2 copies of Chaos Knight, having a huge potential for physical damage.
- can create two Chaos Knight illusions to inflict more damage on the enemy.
- and allow Chaos Knight to more easily approach slippery enemies.
- 's nuke may bring enemies HP down low enough for Chaos Knight to finish the job with Chaos Strike and illusions.
- Armor reduction considerably boosts Chaos Knight's damage output, especially area debuffs which allow Chaos Knight to pick off more enemies: , , ,
- Heroes that can make good use of Chaos Bolt's stun to land delayed or damage over time abilities: , ,