- Tinker's Aghanim's Scepter upgraded can blind him and all of his Phantasm illusions.
- allows Axe to lock down Chaos Knight and his illusions
- combined with clears illusions out in no time.
- is a real problem to Chaos Knight early game. Considering his already low mana pool. It also instantly kills his illusions. With the Level 20 talent, Mana Drain affects two additional targets, making short work of his illusions.
- upgraded is AoE abillity. Dealing tremendous damage to illusions.
Destroys illusions instantly.
- With the level 25 talent, Hex becomes an AoE ability, killing all of Chaos Knight's illusions with a single use.
- quickly clears illusions due to their high damage output.
- from can instantly kill the Phantasm army early game and can still deal a lot of damage to them late game, revealing the real Chaos Knight.
- 's armor bonus greatly reduces the damage dealt by Phantasm.
- and 's splash damage quickly destroy illusions and reduces their damage out put.
- will deal colossal amount of damage to your army, as will at lower levels.
- The area stuns from spell immunity. will always slow down your illusions, since they can't have
- usually catches Chaos Knight with all his illusions.
- deals damage based on max health, quickly killing Phantasm illusions.
- and punish Reality Rift with a long stun and heavy damage across all illusions.
- Lich's , if upgraded with , will be enough for him to destroy Nessaj's illusions.
- Using Reality Rift sets up a on Chaos Knight and his illusions.
- and kill Phantasm illusions quickly, as can cast on a melee carry.
- and combo can easily make havoc to Chaos Knight by destroying all of his powerful illusions.
- Chaos Knight without Phantasm cannot deal with at all.
- allows Phantom Lancer to overwhelm Chaos Knight due to his single-target abilities.
- can be used to dodge Chaos Bolt.
- can be used to harass Chaos Knight during the early game, as well as to slow him down and drain of mana due to his lack of mobility.
- heals a teammate targeted by Reality Rift and heavily damages Chaos Knight and his illusions.
- blocks all Chaos Knight's damage for a duration.
- ethereal, protecting them from Reality Rift. turns the target
- instantly destroys illusions. It can effectively negate Phantasm when upgraded with .
- quickly clears out illusions and can harass Chaos Knight in lane.
- Sand King's massive area damage output, particularly , allows him to quickly take down Chaos Knight and his illusions.
- He can apply to illusions with attacks for extra damage.
- Sven's shorter cast time allows him to Chaos Knight and his illusions before he can cast Chaos Bolt.
- 's armor bonus counteracts Reality Rift and reduces Chaos Knight's damage output.
- and devastate Phantasm illusions.
- damages and disables Chaos Knight's army.
- deals respectable area damage at early levels and debuffs Chaos Knight's damage.
- removes Chaos Bolt and Reality Rift while providing protection from damage.
- Strong area damage, particularly from , lets Timbersaw clear out illusions quickly.
- quickly builds stacks against Phantasm illusions, making Timbersaw hard to kill.
- allows Timbersaw to escape while surrounded.
- protects targets of Reality Rift.
- turns Phantasm illusions against Chaos Knight or a teammate.
- deals decent area damage to Phantasm illusions.
- 's percentage-based damage quickly wears down Chaos Knight's health.
- Puck's area nukes and clears Phantasm illusions from early game to mid game.
- can be used to disjoint Chaos Bolt.
- Heroes with strong area damage to destroy Phantasm illusions: , , ,
- Heroes that can instantly destroy illusions greatly reduce Phantasm's effectiveness: ( ), ( )
- Illusion-based and multi-unit heroes can take advantage of Chaos Knight's lack of area damage: , , ,
- provides armor and a negative attack speed aura, reducing the damage output of Chaos Knight and his illusions, and can slow and damage them with Arctic Blast.
- is a great item when timed right to destroy all the illusions instantly and it does a great job in countering Chaos Knight's high damage output in general.
- and allow heroes to evade Chaos Knight's attacks, reducing his damage output.
- ethereal. and prevent Chaos Knight from focusing down a target by turning it
- creates illusions that can make it difficult for Chaos Knight to initiate on the real hero.
- prevent Chaos Knight to using his targeted skills effectively.
- Phantasm dispels , and the illusions make it difficult to Track the real Chaos Knight.
- Bounty Hunter is fragile and can easily be killed by Reality Rift.
- Reality Rift lets Chaos Knight bypass the Spirit Bear and jump on Lone Druid.
- The Spirit Bear's lack of scaling means it dies quickly to Chaos Knight during the late-game.
- Phantasm illusions make it difficult to land and .
- Chaos Bolt is comparatively low cooldown tool to interrupt .
- Chaos Strike's lifesteal offsets 's damage.
- Casting Phantasm before a fight minimizes the disruption from .
- is minimally effective against Phantasms, and Slark lacks area damage otherwise.
- can be counteracted by Reality Rift.
- Slark is naturally frail and dies quickly to Chaos Knight's burst damage before he can build stacks.
- Phantasm illusions can be used to push towers and force Techies to detonate .
- Phantasm illusions can be used to sweep and s.
- Chaos Knight can easily kill a lone Techies before they .
- Ursa cannot effectively fight against Phantasm illusions with his single-target damage.
- Chaos Bolt's long stun gives Ursa little opportunity to .
- As Viper focuses on single-target damage, he has trouble fighting off Phantasm illusions.
- Reality Rift counteracts Viper's slows and reduces his durability.
- Phantasm gives Chaos Knight a significant advantage against single-target damage dealers: , , , .
- Single-target disablers will have difficulty locking down a Chaos Knight with Phantasm active: , , , , , .
- Innately fragile heroes will die almost instantly to Reality Rift while Chaos Knight has illusions active: , , , .
Works well with...
- helps sustain Chaos Knight's limited mana pool.
- and provide decent set-up for Chaos Knight's spells.
- A 4 second Chaos Bolt stun can render an enemy helpless against .
- solves Chaos Knight's mana issues.
- Chaos Bolt provides setup for .
- The heal from during daytime helps keep Phantasm illusions alive.
- Morphling can take down stunned opponents with his fast right clicks, and use through Chaos Knight illusions hitting any foe in their midst.
- Morphling can catch up a running target and use his Adaptive Strike (Strength) to push them toward Chaos Knight, in range to use Chaos Bolt or Reality Rift.
- When the talent to copy allies is selected, Morph can turn into another Chaos Knight, with his own Chaos Bolt and Reality Rift to use in conjunction with the original's, not to mention the possibility of also having in his built, for more 2 copies of Chaos Knight, having a huge potential for physical damage.
- can create two Chaos Knight illusions to inflict more damage on the enemy.
- and allow Chaos Knight to more easily approach slippery enemies.
- 's nuke may bring enemies HP down low enough for Chaos Knight to finish the job with Chaos Strike and illusions.
- Armor reduction considerably boosts Chaos Knight's damage output, especially area debuffs which allow Chaos Knight to pick off more enemies: , , ,
- Heroes that can make good use of Chaos Bolt's stun to land delayed or damage over time abilities: , ,