Audio migration in progress. Some responses pages / audio files may have broken file links.
|The scepter of a wizard with demigod-like powers.|
Aghanim's Scepter is an item purchasable at the Main Shop, under Caster. However, it requires an item from the Secret Shop to be completed. It gives each hero unique enhancements to their abilities, sometimes granting a new ability.
Aghanim's Scepter can be consumed and turned into Roshan. The buff does not provide Aghanim's Scepter's bonus attributes, health, or mana., a permanent passive buff that provides the same ability upgrades without taking up an item slot. This requires purchasing a recipe, or getting a drop from
- For strength heroes, it grants 375 health, 1 health regen, 0.8% magic resistance, 1.6 armor, 10 attack speed, 0.5% movement speed, 295 mana, 0.5 mana regen, 0.7% spell damage and 10 attack damage.
- For agility heroes, it grants 375 health, 1 health regen, 0.8% magic resistance, 1.6 armor, 10 attack speed, 0.5% movement speed, 295 mana, 0.5 mana regen, 0.7% spell damage and 10 attack damage.
- For intelligence heroes, it grants 375 health, 1 health regen, 0.8% magic resistance, 1.6 armor, 10 attack speed, 0.5% movement speed, 295 mana, 0.5 mana regen, 0.7% spell damage and 10 attack damage.
- and cannot drop or sell Aghanim's Scepter once they have purchased it, due to the former receiving an additional clone, and the latter for unknown reasons.
- When a hero has an upgrade available, the item's and the upgraded spell's tooltip states what exactly is upgraded.
- Single target spells with Aghanim's Scepter upgrades that are reflected by Spell Reflection depend on whether the reflecting hero has Aghanim's Scepter, not the original caster of the reflected spell.
- Upgraded allows Chen to control ancient creeps, having access to great abilities and auras that contribute damage and survivability to teammates in fights and pushes.
- 's reduced cooldown gives Clockwerk much greater map presence, allowing him initiate multiple times in one fight, escape from a losing fight, or use it as a casual stun.
- The empowered ghosts summoned by the upgrade give Death Prophet a combination of sustain, bonus damage, and soft disable with a relatively low cost.
- Combined with a , upgraded allows Enchantress to safely lob attacks from the backline, greatly increasing her damage.
- 's reduced cooldown gives Invoker the time to use many more abilities during long team fights, and the upgrade to all of his abilities is useful for all builds and situations.
- 's reduced cooldown gives Necrophos the ability to take important heroes out of the late game for prolonged periods of time.
- ' improved damage helps Techies nuke creeps waves and heroes well into the late game.
- Upgraded True Sight, allowing Techies to lock down an area when defending or pushing towers. grants traps and mines immunity to
- The upgraded and deal consistent area damage, helping Tinker defend buildings and wear down enemies in team fights.
- gives Zeus a second global ability, and also provides continuous vision, allowing Zeus to aid his allies from any point on the map in addition to the burst damage from .
- has the ability to directly infuse Aghanim's Scepter without the need of the expensive recipe. Unlike other heroes, he can also infuse it into his allies, instead of only himself, saving the team a lot of gold the more scepters he infuses.
- creates skeletons upon breaking , greatly improving his damage output in ambushes and teamfights.
- can have Spirit Bear attack without him around or alive, which make an effective and safe pusher who will always threaten the enemy base.
- rains down extra wave of , clearing creep waves and dealing heavy damage especially against a single target.
- unlocks , increasing his regeneration, and helping him use more abilities in team fights and defending buildings.
- 's casts a 2-attack at every 90 degree angle around him, increasing AOE damage output.
- deals more overall damage with striking two targets at once; it also damages buildings so Razor can push and close down the game.
- acquires to increase his damage output, as well as making him less dependent on trees to deal damage in the late game.
- can summon two Golems, turning team fights and pushes in his favor with added damage output.
While many supports become more powerful with Aghanim's Scepter, most should still focus primarily on buying support items, with Aghanim's Scepter as a luxury option if they have enough gold.
- Aghanim's Scepter is named after Agahnim, one of the main villains in The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past.
- an imitation of Aghanim's Scepter.
is the son of Aghanim. He also possesses
- With the exception of and , heroes never mention Aghanim's name in their voice responses, simply referring to it as "The Scepter". The reason for this is unknown.
- and are the only heroes who do not have any Scepter responses (excluding and , who do not speak).