- can prevent Wraith King from reincarnating unless Wraith King picked the talent that removes mana cost for Reincarnation.
- With , his mana burning will increase to 3 times because illusions can also use .
- Wraith King has no form of AoE to clear Chaos Knight illusions.
- Wraith King is very vulnerable if he reincarnates in the middle of his illusions.
- Invoker can drain Wraith King's mana with , preventing him from reincarnating.
- Even if Wraith King survives and reincarnates, Invoker still has an arsenal of spells to lockdown Wraith King.
- dispel to clear skeletons. applies area
- While not being able to confront Wraith King by himself, Lion's helps in draining Wraith King's mana, preventing him from reincarnating.
- Lion's and provide decent lockdown against Wraith King as well, preventing the latter from benefiting from Vampiric Aura bonuses
- Wraith King is not good at handling illusion-based heroes, as his only disable is single-target.
- Phantom Lancer tends to get , leaving Wraith King no mana to reincarnate.
- Riki is a natural carrier.
- Riki can use on top of you as you're reincarnating, making you a sitting duck for your second life
- Wraithfire Blast is quite predictable. Players with good reflexes will disjoint it with .
- There is also a chance he will become invisible again as the projectile travels, disjointing it.
- Since Wraith King has a lot of health and multiple lives, Slark can keep gaining stacks, increasing armor, damage, and attack speed and can beat down Wraith King twice.
- Slark sometimes carries to burn mana as an attempt to shut down Reincarnation.
- Wraith King has no form of AoE to clear Terrorblade's illusions.
- Terrorblade is a common and carrier.
- Terrorblade has very high armor which helps against Wraith King's physical-only damage.
- Fresh reincarnated Wraith King can be ideal target for if he is low-health.
- Weaver can run away after killing Wraith King once thanks to .
- Wraithfire Blast is quite predictable. If Weaver is quick, he will disjoint it with Shukuchi and proceed to chase Wraith King down.
- Shukuchi does have a fade time. They cannot disjoint it if you use it right next to them. They will be stunned and take damage; however they will still become invisible if they used Shukuchi before the stun hits.
- Weaver can easily harass Wraith King out of his lane thanks to his high base damage and .
- Weaver can burn Wraith Kings mana quickly with his Mana Break talent.
- can farm faster and has advantage in attack speed. Wraith King has only single target stun and can't handle all Meepos.
- Heroes with summons and illusions such as and , are ill-suited for Wraith King to fight, as he has no source of waveclear.
- Heroes with area dispel can kill skeletons at once: ,
- defends against Wraith King's physical attacks.
- can burn Wraith King's mana quickly, preventing him from Reincarnating.
- summons can burn Wraith King's mana as well, preventing him from Reincarnating.
- and deal area damage to wipe out skeletons.
- While Wraith King still has Reincarnation, He can payback Axe who hardly build single target immune item with his Wraithfire's Blast.
- His Vampiric Aura and Mortal Strike save him from Berserker's Call though Axe launch his Blade Mail, but make sure you have enough physical defense.
- Though he is killed by Culling's Blade, if he has Reincarnation. Axe's buff from Culling's Blade is meaningless.
- is meaningless while Reincarnation is off cooldown.
- Vampiric Aura and Mortal Strike prevent Bloodseeker from achieving bonuses.
- Even when Doomed, Wraith King can tear down Doom with physical attacks, and can still reincarnate as long as it is off-cooldown.
- However, Wraith King players should be careful when facing against Doom players who farmed Aghanim's Scepter, since the Aghanim upgrade disable his two passive abilities, weakening his right-click attacks.
- Wraith King makes a poor target, as he can be already quite hard to bring down once, and then you have to worry about his second life.
- Lua error in Module:Ability_ID at line 44: Could not find Cargo data for "Reaper's Scythe". can't kill Wraith King while Reincarnation is off cooldown
- In the laning stage Vampiric Aura can out-heal the slow Lua error in Module:Ability_ID at line 44: Could not find Cargo data for "Heartstopper Aura".. from
- Wraith King is not afraid to walk wherever he goes with his Reincarnation ready.
Works well with...
- Vampiric Aura allows Ursa to do early Roshan without the need to buy any lifesteal items first.
- Wraithfire Blast stun and slow allows Ursa to easily prey on enemy heroes.
- The combination of Vampiric Aura and Troll Warlord's high DPS makes Troll Warlord almost unkillable.
- significantly increases the damage of Wraith king's attacks (Especially with Mortal Strike crits). Since Wraith King is really tanky and can afford death thanks to his ultimate; this spell works really well with him.
- Heroes with auras that buff attack speed and attack damage can increase damage output of many skeletons as well as of Wraith King: ,
- provides attack speed aura that benefits swarms of skeletons.
- also provides attack speed for skeletons, and for improving Wraith King's chance to crit, and his crit will deal even more damage thanks to armor reduction.