- Windrun does not provide protection against and . Her fast attack speed with Focus Fire will also quickly trigger multiple times.
- turns Windranger's mobility against her.
- can help his teammates escape from Windrun and Focus Fire.
- will shred through Windranger's health if she chooses to attack him during Focus Fire.
- Many of Nyx Assassin's abilities are good against Windranger.
- is great for stunning Windranger and allowing additional disables to be landed.
- is useful against Windranger's decent intelligence growth and also burns some mana, preventing her from using more abilities.
- is easy to use against Powershot.
- allows Nyx Assassin to sneak up on and deal massive damage to Windranger without giving Windranger a chance to use Windrun to evade it.
- Nyx Assassin's item build allows him to easily deal with Windranger.
- The high mobility provided by makes it hard for Windranger to find a good position to land Shackleshot or a full duration of Focus Fire.
- deals considerable magical damage to Windranger.
- Ember Spirit's talent tree gives him a true strike option at level 20, which makes Windrun less effective as an escape option.
- By using , Morphling can use Windrun and Shackleshot to counter Windranger herself.
- can allow Morphling to easily chase down Windranger.
- Windranger's low health also makes her vulnerable Morphling's magical nukes, especially the and combo.
- greatly lowers Windranger's damage output from Focus Fire.
- strikes cannot miss, even if Windrun is active.
- Spectre can instantly escape Focus Fire or hunt a Windranger with .
- Spectre can catch up to her with , even if she uses Windrun.
- allows Spectre to hit Windranger through Windrun.
- makes Spectre tanky and also reflects some damage back to Windranger.
- Windranger heavily relies on her abilities for any form of tactical advantage and damage. A well timed silence will make her useless: , , , , , , .
- Since Windranger is bad against magical damage, heroes with continuous magical damage or magical nukes can blast her: , , , , , , , .
- , and prevents Windranger from escaping with Windrun.
- / and can greatly reduce Windranger's performance due to her relying heavily on her skills for any tactical advantage.
- works against Focus Fire and Shackleshot.
- can be used to return Windranger's Focus Fire damage.
- Windrun can used to dodge Earthshaker's abilities if Windranger has a quick reaction time.
- Focus Fire and Windrun allows Windranger to kite Earthshaker.
- A Windranger with fast fingers can prevent Earthshaker from using with Shackleshot.
- Windranger prevents Huskar from landing s by using Windrun.
- Because Huskar tends to be at low health, Focus Fire and Powershot are good abilities against him.
- Phantom Assassin's will be useless if Windranger managed to get or , and other than Stifling Dagger, Phantom Assassin has no abilities that can bypass Windrun.
- Focus Fire can still deal considerable damage despite Blur's evasion due to the increased attack speed.
- Pudge relies on his hook to initiate his combo. As long as she's able to avoid the hook with Windrun and shackle him, Windranger can take him down easily. Pudge's low armor means that he won't be able to endure Focus Fire for long.
- Windranger can avoid Ursa's primary source of damage, , by simply using Windrun. The slow from is also rendered irrelevant by Windrun.
- Focus Fire and Windrun can be used to kite Ursa.
- Other heroes that rely on physical attacks to deal damage and not their abilities: , , , .
- Heroes who rely on illusions can be tagged by Focus Fire: , .
Works well with...
- Windranger can shackle a unit to a sprouted tree.
- is also good for a Windranger. With fast hands and a , she can easily shackle enemies even with no trees around her.