- turns Windranger's mobility against her.
- will quickly go through Windranger's health.
- Due to lack of magic resistance, poison damage eats through Windranger's health.
- Windranger heavily relies on her skills for any form of tactical advantage and damage. A well timed Silence will decimate her quickly.
- Clockwerk's abilities can hinder Windranger's positioning tactics.
- Windrun does not provide protection against and . Her fast attack speed with Focus Fire will quickly trigger .
- Tinker's abilities make quick work of Windranger, since Windranger doesn't have a lot of magic resistance.
- Shadow Demon's or can cause Windranger to waste her Windrun.
- All of Nyx Assassin's skills are strong counters against Windranger. Even , even though it deals physical damage. His item build is also a good counter against her. Items like , and .
- Morphling's long stun and high spell damage render Windranger helpless.
- Slark's can noticeably slow Windrun, providing Slark enough time to stun and take Windranger down if he has the right items.
- Bloodseeker's is a great counter against Windranger.
- can greatly reduce Windranger's performance due to her relying heavily on her skills for any tactical advantage.
- works against Focus Fire and Shackleshot.
- can be used to return Windranger's Focus Fire damage, forcing her to windrun or stop moving and attacking to prevent Focus Fire attacks. Especially good against magic damage proc builds.
- Windranger can quickly kill Shadow Fiend with her skillset or disturb his farm with Powershot, rendering him useless.
- Pudge relies on his hook to initiate his combo. As long as you're able to avoid the hook with Windrun, and then shackle him, Windranger can take him down easily.
- Focus Fire, combined with will deplete Wraith King's mana quickly so he can't use his , Unless Wraith King chooses the "No Reincarnation Mana Cost" Level 20 Talent Tree. Windrun help Windranger to avoid Wraith King physical attack. Focus Fire will also remain active on Wraith King after he respawns, negating the problem of not having the cooldown available for his second life
- Phantom Assassin will be useless if Windranger managed to get or , and other than Stifling Dagger, Phantom Assassin has no damage that can bypass Windrun without a truestrike
- Basically, heroes that have high physical attack and not relying on their abilities.
Works well with...
- Windranger can shackle a unit to a sprouted tree.
- Drow Ranger's increases Windranger attack speed.
- is also good for a Windranger. With fast hands and a , she can easily shackle enemies even with no trees around her.