Today, 9/19, is the 6th Anniversary of Gamepedia's launch. Join us for an all-day Mega Stream on the Gamepedia Twitch channel! In addition, all users who log in during the anniversary week will receive a special achievement.
Lyralei, the Windranger, is a ranged intelligence hero that uses powerful abilities in conjunction with her physical attack to take down enemies. Despite being an intelligence Hero, Windranger's playstyle resembles that of an agility Hero, due in large part to her skill set. Windranger is most often played as an offlane solo due to her escape, long range harass, and farm capability; however, she is quite versatile and can be fielded as a midlaner, roamer, lane support, or even a carry, if the game calls for it. She is famous for her immense utility and versatility.
- Shackleshot travels at a speed of 1650.
- The projectile searches for enemies or trees within 46 degrees at the opposite side of the target from where Shackleshot was cast.
- This means when Windranger blinks away after cast, it latches on targets based on the cast location, not her new location.
- The complete search area is shaped like a triangle. 575 is the triangle's height.
- Therefore, the triangle has two sides with a length of 624.66, and the third side has a length of 488.15
- Shackleshot always prioritizes units over trees as a secondary target.
- If the target does not get shackled, it is only briefly stunned (using the default Stunned debuff).
- If the target gets shackled to a unit, both of them are stunned for the full duration (using the debuff).
- The stun persists, even when the primary or the secondary unit dies, or the tree is destroyed earlier.
- The stun also persists, when one of the targets gets freed from the stun earlier.
- When the primary target dies before the shackle reaches it, it still can latch to a secondary unit and stun it.
- The stun duration increasing talent only affects the success stun duration. The fail stun duration is not increased.
- The arrow travels at a speed of 3000, taking 0.87 seconds to reach max distance.
- The arrow can damage units up to 2725 range away (travel distance + damage radius).
- The full damage is done after the full 1 seconds of channeling. Each channeled 0.03 seconds increase its damage by 5/8.33/11.67/15 ( 8.33/11.67/15/18.33).
- Every time the arrow hits an enemy, its current damage is reduced by 20%.
- This is how much damage a fully channeled arrow deals (before reductions) after hitting up to 10 units:
- Level 1: 150 / 120 / 96 / 76.8 / 61.4 / 49.1 / 39.3 / 31.4 / 25.1 / 20.1
- Level 2: 250 / 200 / 160 / 128 / 102.4 / 81.9 / 65.5 / 52.4 / 41.9 / 33.5
- Level 3: 350 / 280 / 224 / 179.2 / 143.4 / 114.7 / 91.8 / 73.4 / 58.7 / 47
- Level 4: 450 / 360 / 288 / 230.4 / 184.3 / 147.4 / 117.9 / 94.3 / 75.4 / 60.3
- This is how much it deals with the Powershot damage talent leveled:
- Level 1: 250 / 200 / 160 / 128 / 102.4 / 81.9 / 65.5 / 52.4 / 41.9 / 33.5
- Level 2: 350 / 280 / 224 / 179.2 / 143.4 / 114.7 / 91.8 / 73.4 / 58.7 / 47
- Level 3: 450 / 360 / 288 / 230.4 / 184.3 / 147.4 / 117.9 / 94.3 / 75.4 / 60.3
- Level 4: 550 / 440 / 352 / 281.6 / 225.3 / 180.2 / 144.2 / 115.4 / 92.3 / 73.8
- The arrow provides 400 radius flying vision as it travels, which sticks at its final location for 3.34 seconds.
- The arrow destroys trees within 75 radius around it while traveling. Hit trees do not reduce its damage.
- The sound of a bow getting stretched during channeling time is audible to allies only.
- Windrun interrupts Windranger's channeling spells upon cast.
- Grants Windranger 100% evasion for its duration. This means attacks with True Strike are not avoided.
- The slow is provided by an aura on Windranger. Its debuff lingers for 2.5 seconds.
- When the level 20 talent is chosen, Windrun turns Windranger invisible and phased for its duration.
- During the fade time, Windranger can cast spells, use items and perform attacks without breaking the invisibility.
- Invisibility is broken upon reaching the cast point of spells or items, or upon launching an attack.
- The invisibility is provided by a second buff, so breaking it prevents Windranger from going invisible again.
- Windranger can pick up or drop items without breaking the invisibility.
- The cast range of Focus Fire always equals the caster's attack range.
- However, this does not include the unlimited range while is active.
- Focus Fire orders Windranger to attack the target upon cast.
- Focus Fire allows Windranger to move while attacking the Focus Fire target.
- Windranger will automatically attack the Focus Fire target whenever she is in range, unless she is manually stopped and not moving.
- Only reduces Windranger's main and bonus damage when attacking the target. Damage from item effects (e.g. , ) is unaffected.
- Windranger can switch attack targets without losing the buff against the Focus Fire target.
- When switching attack targets, the attack speed and damage adapt as soon as the attack begins.
- Casting Focus Fire on multiple targets only grants the attack speed and damage reduction against the most recent target.
- Focus Fire ends prematurely when Windranger dies, but persists through the target's death.
- Although the level 25 talent's bash duration is set to 0.01 seconds, it lasts 0.03-0.04 seconds due to the server tick rate limit.
|30% Cooldown Reduction||25||+35% Ministun|
|+100 Attack Range||15||+100Damage|
|+30%Slow||10||+1.75 Mana Regen|
- regenerates health for Windranger to stay in lane.
- also restores health.
- supplies mana for Windranger to use Powershot for last hits.
- gives cheap attribute bonuses to increase damage, mana, and health.
- increases movement speed to escape or gank enemies.
- provides attributes and charges to restore health and mana.
- gives Windranger useful attributes for a cheap price. The intelligence gives her more base damage and a larger mana pool, while the strength gives her some survivability.
- can allow Windranger more freedom to be left alone in the offlane. Between this item and Windrun, it can be quite hard to lock her down, allowing her to be much more aggressive in finding farm in the lane.
- are very powerful on Windranger, as she can take advantage of the extra damage more than additional attack speed due to her low base attack time and her ultimate Focus Fire. As well, the active greatly helps Windranger with positioning, essential for landing Powershot and Shackleshot.
- is very effective and versatile for positioning a Shackleshot, allowing you to force a unit in front of a tree, force a creep/unit in front of another unit, or force yourself into position. The additional intelligence gives her more mana and base damage as well, and in emergencies it can be used to displace yourself during escapes.
- Force Staff but allows for faster, further, and Windrun can be activated to avoid physical damage, thus providing more opportunities to blink away from unfavorable situations. allows Windranger to instantly reposition for her abilities, especially Shackleshot. It is a powerful item to buy for initiating for your disables, or for being more evasive. May not give the extra attributes provided by
- increases attack damage and adds Chain Lightning modifier. It allows Windranger to clear creep waves and jungle camps quickly when combined with Powershot, and can be combined with Focus Fire to inflict large amounts of magical damage to the enemy team. Upgrading it to can give you a more powerful Chain Lightning, attack speed that gives you DPS without the need for your ultimate, and an active shield that can discourage enemies from attacking you or a chosen ally for fear of taking even more magical damage.
- gives Windranger stats across the board, and greatly improves Windranger's damage output using Focus Fire. As well, the cooldown reduction allows her to cast Focus Fire at will, vastly increasing her damage output and target flexibility.
- can greatly increase Windranger's physical damage output, as she will get both more mana and base damage from the extra intelligence, and the attack speed greatly complements her low base attack time. The silence adds yet another disable to Windranger's repertoire, allowing her to lock down enemies who rely on escape spells to survive. Later can be upgraded to a for True Strike and critical damage proc.
- greatly increases Windranger's damage output, and synergizes well with Focus Fire. Pierce can proc multiple times during the course of her ultimate, bypassing evasion and dealing bonus magical damage.
- gives Windranger additional damage output, as well as an armor reduction debuff that can be applied to buildings as well as heroes. As Windranger is a ranged hero, she can simply "tag" multiple enemies with the debuff prior to focusing on a single target, though it is recommended to purchase Aghanim's Scepter as well in order to maximize your physical DPS.
- grants extra intelligence and mana regeneration to increase her base damage and ability to cast spells, and the additional strength and agility shore up her HP and armor, granting her much more survivability. The hex can be used to instantly hard-disable the enemy's carry in a fight, and serves as a potent complement to Shackleshot.
- greatly increases Windranger's survivability as well as her damage output and mana pool. The long range root can hold a target down so that Shackleshot may be cast from an angle of Windranger's choosing.
- gives Windranger stats across the board and powerful mana regen. Its spellblock helps to make Windranger much more slippery when evading enemy ganks, or gives her a larger window of opportunity to cast her disables in a teamfight without being disabled herself.
- is a good cheap utility item if the aim is not to build raw damage items to fuel Focus Fire. The increased base movement speed greatly augments Windranger's mobility in combination with Phase Boots or Windrun, and the extra intelligence and mana regen give her much more utility with her spells. The active can be used to stop an enemy in their tracks and position yourself for landing a full-duration Shackleshot, or for generally disabling enemies or giving yourself temporary invulnerability (while removing debuffs from yourself) during fights.
- provides map vision for team.
- helps Windranger manage runes, as well as restoring her health and mana.
- gives Windranger attributes boost, as well as additional movement and attack speed, both of which are important on Windranger.
- can be a useful utility item to augment Focus Fire's effectiveness even if you are not building a physical DPS Windranger. The armor gives you more survivability while the mana helps with casting your spells, and the active allows you to deal large amounts of damage to enemies even without a lot of damage items. As well, the active can be used on allies to give them armor, and can be used to make Roshan easier to kill.
- is a good defensive item to build on a DPS Windranger, as you can be sure that the enemy will attempt to disable and focus you down to prevent you from dishing out too much damage in a teamfight. Preventing yourself from being disabled will allow you to take full advantage of Focus Fire during a teamfight, especially as it can be combined with Windrun to give yourself immunity to disables as well as physical attacks.
- is very powerful in the hands of a farmed DPS Windranger, as combined with Focus Fire and enough damage it can eviscerate most enemy heroes in seconds.
- has its use even in a support role for Windranger, when she stuns and burn down mana of a potential mana-depending threat or lock down enemy supports which will have their mana depleted before being able to be of any use.
|Roles:||Carry Support Disabler Escape Nuker|
|Playstyle:||Born in the midst of a ruinous tempest, Lyralei has always been one with the elemental wind. Swift of foot, and true of aim, she Windruns across the battlefield, avoiding attacks as she charges a Powershot to pierce foes from afar. Armed with both quiver and rope, the Windranger binds enemies together with a handy Shackleshot. Honing her concentration, Lyralei launches a relentless sequence of arrows, Focus Firing on a single target until it resembles little more than an oversized pincushion.|
- In DotA, Windranger was known as Alleria, the Windrunner. Alleria Windrunner is a character from the Warcraft universe. In the November 21, 2013 update, her name was changed to "Windranger", likely to avoid copyright issues with Blizzard.
- Windranger's current name, Lyralei, is a partial anagram of Alleria (one of the A's was replaced with the Y).