|Hasten to battle on wind-touched heels.|
- Movement speed bonuses from multiple Wind Laces do not stack.
- Stacks with all other movement speed bonuses.
- Supports with low movement speed benefit most from Wind Lace, due to its cheap cost:
- Roamers also benefit from Wind Lace, allowing them to quickly move from lane to lane earlier than with boots:
- Heroes with an ability that boosts the movement speed in percentage:
- Wind Lace is a great item for supports who sometimes struggle to get . It costs half as much as boots and gives enough movement speed to get along better. It also builds into typical support items.
- A Wind Lace combined with simple Boots of Speed grants more movement speed than , and , making them a cheaper viable option if only movement speed is needed. It also grants almost as much speed as active .
- Wind lace can be combined with its upgrades (Drum of Endurance, Eul's Scepter of Divinity, Solar Crest and Spirit Vessel) for a further increase in movement speed. It fully stacks with them.
- The Wind Lace was first suggested on Playdota in 2010 by RCHLNKI.
- Wind Lace was called "Wind Lance" in the beta.