The Weekend Battle Cup is a weekly amateur tournament, run automatically in the Dota 2 client. They are available for Dota Plus subscribers, during tournament events, or through Weekend Battle Cup Tickets. Players form teams within an allotted time, and compete in an eight-team single elimination tournament. Tournament winners are given various rewards depending on the event.
- Eight teams, single elimination brackets.
- Teams are placed against similarly skilled opponents, roughly divided into tournament tiers, which is initially determined by players' Matchmaking Ratings. Team matchmaking is determined by each team's tournament tier and geographical region.
- If team members have different tiers, the Battle Cup will use the highest tier from the team.
- There are a total of six skill tiers, labeled as 3 to 8.
- Tier 3 Crusaders or below
- Tier 4 Archons
- Tier 5 Legends
- Tier 6 Ancients
- Tier 7 Divines
- Tier 8 Immortals
- Players do have the option of playing in a tier above their current skill level
- Surrender is enabled by typing
- Players must be at least Profile Level 25.
- Players must be in a team to participate.
- Each team requires a Dota Plus subscription, or five Weekend Battle Cup Tickets.
- Tickets may be owned by any member of the team, as long as it totals five.
- Teams must sign up before the tournament starting time for each region.
- Teams must queue for matches within the fifteen minute window after registration.
- Tournament windows for SEA, Europe, China and Americas occur on Saturdays.
- Points can be earned through participation and winning.
|Joining any match
|Advancing past the first round
|Advance to the finals
|Winning a tournament
Champion profile description
- Players who win a tournament will earn:
- A special Battle Cup Trophy and chat badge (for one week).
- Prestige profile description detailing victories and streaks (for one week).
- Seven exclusive emoticons (for one week).
- An exclusive Battle Cup effigy.
- 20,000 shards (Dota Plus subscribers only)
Different events have different rules and awards for the Weekend Battle Cup.
The International 2016 Battle Pass
- Tournament winners were rewarded 15 Battle Levels for their Battle Pass.
Fall 2016 Battle Pass
Fall 2016 Battle Cup Effigy
- Tournament winners will be awarded two Fall 2016 treasures, 4 Battle Pass levels, and trophies.
- Players who perform well will be invited to participate in an exclusive Champions Cup at the end of the season.
- Tier-8 Champions Cup winners will even be eligible to form a team with other tier-8 winners to compete in one of four Spring Major Battle Cup Qualifiers, with the winners receiving invites to play in the Spring Major Regional Qualifiers.
- See the official FAQ for more information.