From Dota 2 Wiki
- Axe can taunt with even if Weaver is under Shukuchi, effectively dispelling it and putting it on cooldown.
- is a good tool to pop .
- Weaver's heavy reliance on mobility during fights makes a crippling debuff, especially at higher levels, while also providing a strong mechanism for ganking him.
- Although is somewhat easy to evade using Shukuchi or Time Lapse, when silenced Weaver is very susceptible to being quickly burst down. Especially while under effects of .
- Bloodrage is a good tool to pop Weaver's to follow with Rupture.
- The wide range of makes it difficult for Weaver to avoid it with Shukuchi and, once caught, his low survivability makes him an easy kill.
- With no significant source of burst damage it is easy for Void to survive combat with Weaver using and sustain in lane against him. This is only true once Void has put more than a point in it, otherwise the long cooldown still renders you susceptible to sustained harass.
- will prevent Weaver from using Shukuchi and leaves him a sitting duck or force him to use Time Lapse to dispel the debuff and re-engage.
- The silence from prevents Weaver from escaping and can be broken with beforehand.
- Weaver's severely limited mobility when silenced makes a major threat as he is unlikely to be able to escape the cloud before being killed and will be unable to output meaningful damage. Riki's presence forces the purchase of , limiting Weaver's options for itemization. A can also push you out of the cloud.
- allows Riki to ambush Weaver while farming.
- Puck players usually buy , and it can be used to close the distance between Weaver to cast , silencing Weaver up to 3 seconds.
- Waning Rift is usually followed by , which forces Weaver to wander around the coil radius for up to 6 seconds (8 seconds with ) or to break the coil and get stunned for up to 3 seconds (4.5 seconds with Scepter upgrade). It is a near certain death situation for Weaver, since his Shukuchi only lasts up to 4 seconds, while the Puck's disables last longer then his Shukuchi duration.
- Even if Puck fails the combo, it can easily slip out from Weaver with and , so Weaver can't kite Puck.
- and have a cheap way to break Linken's Sphere and keep track of Weaver while he's using Shukuchi. The armor reduction from combined with his stun and Weaver's small health pool enables the enemy to take you out before you can timelapse.
- Weaver should be careful playing against Rubick if he managed to get and not give him to Time Lapse.
- If you do not have a , or if you make bad usage of it, and can lock and shred you.
- Cheap spammable spells such as , , or can be used to disable Weaver's .
- Zeus can easily break his linken and reveal him with lightning bolt or thundergod's wrath .
- Level 3 's melee warrior will provide True Sight over Weaver and the mana drain is always a nuisance.
will prevent you from running away with Shukuchi. They'll need another targeted ability once you've farmed up a however.
- It's worth mentioning that items' actives have no cast time, making them good candidates to both break a Linken's Sphere then silence you before you have time to react.
- Items that provide additional lockdowns, preventing usage of Shukuchi and Time Lapse which Weaver relies on to escape: , .
- 's and any of its upgrades' invisibility can be used to neutralize The Swarm beetles, as they are unable to track invisible units.
- in the early game will stop the advantages of Shukuchi and a in the late game is recommended against any invisible hero.
- Items that provide damage block will mitigate damage taken from The Swarm: .
- makes the enemy immune to Weaver's attacks, forcing him to consider buying to dispel.
Good against...Ancient Apparition
- He will need help of an ally to trigger the stun from since you're guaranteed to get away from the radius with Shukuchi otherwise. This is especially true since won't slow you down.
- Time Lapse is one of the very few abilities that will heal you if you're caught by .
- Brewmaster is slow and has low armor, making his laning stage very difficult against Geminate Attack.
- Apart from the slow moving , he has no real stun to catch Weaver, and you're almost guaranteed to get Shukuchi off if he used on you.
- Another hero that only has a slow with , usually not enough to catch Weaver.
- As you gradually lose HP, you will take less damage from . The slower you die, the higher the chance you can get off Time Lapse.
- Weaver is a good carrier which is effective way to remove .
- Weaver is a natural Linken's Sphere carrier and Necrophos has no innate tools to pop it before using .
- Weaver's abysmal health pool renders the percentage-based HP loss from less significant.
- Weaver is one of those heroes that can easily outrun a all the way back to the fountain.
- An Omniknight will need very quick fingers or good prediction skills to damage Weaver with as you run around with Shukuchi.
- Omniknight provides only a slow with his that will not help catch Weaver.
- Pudge's slow movement speed allows you to skirt around and kite him. His Rot won't slow you through Shukuchi, but beware his high burst damage and extended lockdown through . Don't hesitate to immediately Time Lapse if you've been caught by a unfortunate hook.
- Pudge has low armor and low attack speed, making him susceptible to The Swarm and physical attacks.
- Sven can be easily kited since Weaver is a natural carrier and Sven relies on to disable and kill a hero.
- Ursa's low mobility in lane and his reliance on would rend him useless when fighting head-on solo.
- Heroes with low mobility and/or low armor and/or small health pools make perfect targets for Weaver.
- Heroes that rely on slows or low-duration stuns to kill you might have problems finishing you.
- Summons and micro-management are usually not the answer against Weaver, as you will need very quick fingers to pin him down.
- Heroes with one single-target abilities such as , , or will struggle against Weaver's Linken Sphere.
Works well with...Crystal Maiden
- allows Weaver to use Shukuchi constantly.
- and Weaver's high damage output can be used to secure early kills.
- and The Swarm may leave a hero with almost no armor.
- synergizes well with The Swarm armor reduction.
- adds damage to Weaver's Geminate Attack.
- increases Weaver's attack damage, especially in the laning stage. It also works well by buffing Geminate Attack.
- may prevent enemies from using disables to lock down and burst down Weaver.
- Any front line tanks that can distract the enemy team or any heroes with strong disable abilities will help weaver deal more damage and chase down the enemy heroes easily.
- Any hero or aura that increases your damage ( , , ...) will do so two-fold for Weaver thanks to Geminate Attack.
- Any hero with slow or stun ( , , ...), can help Weaver kill a hero without a good way to escape.