From Dota 2 Wiki
|Hero||Strategy||Counters||Equipment||Gear||Responses||Sounds||Lore||Old Abilities||Changelogs||Known Bugs|
- Axe can taunt with Berserker's Call even if Weaver are under Shukuchi effectively dispelling it.
- Battle Hunger is a good tool to pop Linken's Sphere.
- Weaver's heavy reliance on mobility during fights makes Rupture a crippling debuff, especially at higher levels, while also providing a strong mechanism for ganking him.
- Although Blood Rite is somewhat easy to evade using Shukuchi or Time Lapse, when silenced Weaver is very susceptible to being quickly burst down. Especially while under effects of Rupture.
- Bloodrage is a good tool to pop Weaver's Linken's Sphere to follow with Rupture.
- The wide range of Chronosphere makes it difficult for Weaver to avoid it with Shukuchi and, once caught, his low survivability makes him an easy kill.
- With no significant source of burst damage it is easy for Void to survive combat with Weaver using Time Walk and sustain in lane against him. This is only true once Void has put more than a point in it, otherwise the long cooldown still renders you susceptible to sustained harass.
- Time Dilation will prevent Weaver from using Shukuchi and leaves him a sitting duck or force him to use Time Lapse to purge off the debuff and re-engage.
- The silence from Crippling Fear prevents Weaver from escaping and Linken's Sphere can be broken with Void beforehand.
- Weaver's severely limited mobility when silenced makes Smoke Screen a major threat as he is unlikely to be able to escape the cloud before being killed and will be unable to output meaningful damage. Riki's presence forces the purchase of Black King Bar, limiting Weaver's options for itemization. A Hurricane Pike can also push you out of the cloud.
- Cloak and Dagger allows Riki to ambush Weaver while farming.
- Slardar and Bounty Hunter have a cheap way to break Linken's Sphere and keep track of Weaver while he's using Shukuchi. The armor reduction from Corrosive Haze combined with his stun and Weaver's disastrous health pool enables the enemy to take you out before you can timelapse.
- Weaver should be careful playing against Rubick if he managed to get Aghanim's Scepter and not give him to Spell Steal Time Lapse.
- If you have not a Linken's Sphere, or if you make a bad use of it, Lion and Lina can lock and shred you.
- Cheap spammable spells such as Stifling Dagger, Viscous Nasal Goo, or Mist Coil can be used to disable Weaver's Linken's Sphere.
- Level 3 Necronomicon's melee warrior will provide True Sight over Weaver and the mana drain is always a nuisance.
- Orchid Malevolence will prevent you from running away with Shukuchi. They'll need another targeted ability once you've farmed up a Linken's Sphere however.
- It's worth mentioning that items' actives have no cast time, making them good candidates to both break a Linken's Sphere then silence you before you have time to react.
- Items that provide additional lockdowns, preventing usage of Shukuchi and Time Lapse which Weaver relies on to escape: Abyssal Blade, Scythe of Vyse.
- Shadow Amulet's and any of its upgrades' invisibility can be used to neutralize The Swarm beetles, as they are unable to track invisible units.
- Sentry Ward in the early game will stop the advantages of Shukuchi and a Gem of True Sight in the late game is recommended against any invisible hero.
- Items that provide damage block will mitigate damage taken from The Swarm: Stout Shield.
Good against...Ancient Apparition
- He will need help of an ally to trigger the stun from Cold Feet since you're guaranteed to get away from the radius with Shukuchi otherwise. This is especially true since Ice Vortex won't slow you down.
- Time Lapse is one of the very few abilities that will heal you if you're caught by Ice Blast.
- Brewmaster is slow and has low armor, making his laning stage very difficult against Geminate Attack.
- Apart from the slow moving Hurl Boulder, he has no real stun to catch Weaver, and you're almost guaranteed to get Shukuchi off if he used Cyclone on you.
- Another hero that only has a slow with Open Wounds, usually not enough to catch Weaver.
- As you gradually lose HP, you will take less damage from Feast. The slower you die, the higher the chance you can get off Time Lapse.
- Weaver is a good Nullifier carrier which is effective way to remove Ghost Shroud.
- Weaver is a natural Linken's Sphere carrier and Necrophos has no innate tools to pop it before using Reaper's Scythe.
- Weaver's abysmal health pool renders the percentage-based HP loss from Heartstopper Aura less significant.
- Weaver is one of those heroes that can easily outrun a Death Pulse all the way back to the fountain.
- An Omniknight will need very quick fingers or good prediction skills to damage Weaver with Purification as you run around with Shukuchi.
- Omniknight provides only a slow with his Degen Aura that will not help catch Weaver.
- Pudge's slow movement speed allows you to skirt around and kite him. His Rot won't slow you through Shukuchi, but beware his high burst damage Meat Hook and extended lockdown through Dismember. Don't hesitate to immediately Time Lapse if you've been caught by a unfortunate hook.
- Pudge has low armor, making him suspectible to The Swarm and your right clicks.
- Sven can be easily kited since Weaver is a natural Linken's Sphere carrier and Sven relies on Storm Hammer to disable and kill a hero.
- Ursa's low mobility in lane and his reliance on Blink Dagger would rend him useless when fighting head-on solo.
- Heroes with low mobility and/or low armor and/or fragile health pool make perfect targets for Weaver.
- Heroes that rely on slows or low-duration stuns to kill you might have problems to finish you.
- Summons and micro-management is usually not the answer against Weaver, as you will need very quick fingers to pin him down.
Works well with...Crystal Maiden
- Arcane Aura allows Weaver to use Shukuchi constantly.
- Frostbite and Weaver's high damage output can be used to early kills.
- Corrosive Haze and The Swarm may leave a hero with almost no armor.
- Wave of Terror synergize well with The Swarm armor reduction.
- Vengeance Aura adds damage to Weaver's Geminate Attack attacks.
- Any front line tanks that can distract the enemy team or any heroes with strong disable abilities will help weaver deal more damage and chase down the enemy heroes easily.
- Any hero or aura that increases your damage ( Bloodrage, Lunar Blessing, Precision Aura...) will do so two-fold for Weaver thanks to Geminate Attack.
- Any hero with slow or stun ( Frost Blast, Ignite, Magic Missile...), can help Weaver kill a hero without a good way to escape.