From Dota 2 Wiki
|Hero||Strategy||Counters||Equipment||Gear||Responses||Sounds||Lore||Old Abilities||Changelogs||Known Bugs|
- Weaver's Shukuchi allows him to escape from Warlock's Upheaval with maximum move speed.
- His ultimate Time Lapse allows him to ignore damage from Warlock's golem and escape.
- Mana Break prevents Warlock from casting his spells.
- Blink allows Anti-Mage to escape from Upheaval.
- Spell Shield reduces damage from shadow word and the golem's Permanent Immolation.
- Mana Void deals heavy damage after Chaotic Offering and interrupts Upheaval.
- Blood Rite can silence Warlock, which as a spellcaster is bad for him.
- Rupture prevents Warlock from moving without taking damage, which due to his general lack of escapes is bad for him, and when combined with Blood Rite can be a very lethal combo.
- Silencer's many silences are bad for Warlock
- Arcane Curse prevents Warlock from healing himself or his allies, without taking 56/84/112/140 damage, and slowed by 9%/12%/15%/18%.
- Surge allows for Dark Seer and his allies to escape from upheaval due to it ignoring any slow.
- A pre-placed Fire Remnant allows Ember Spirit to escape Upheaval.
- Flame Guard blocks Shadow Word damage.
- Sleight of Fist allows Ember Spirit to attack from range, ignoring Upheaval, and Searing Chains lets him interrupt it.
- Warlock is a very strong Hero when right positioned, and his long cast range helps him with this. However, some Heroes might disrupt or sneakily pass through your ally line and deal with you, cancelling or dealing some damage to you, preventing you from doing your job. E.g.: Chaos Knight, Spirit Breaker, Riki and some others.
- Ursa can shred Warlock's golems in a few seconds.
- Orchid Malevolence silences Warlock, which is bad for him as a spell based hero.
- Diffusal Blade removes mana from Warlock, which due to his high mana cost spells can lead to no mana to heal himself, and no way to stun the enemy with his ult.
- Eul's Scepter of Divinity can stop Warlock from casting Upheaval, which can then allow the enemy team to escape, or get close to deal damage.
- Blink Dagger can allow for escape from upheaval and for melee heroes to get close to Warlock, which as a ranged hero is bad for him.
- Warlock's golems do plenty of physical and pure damage to bring down Huskar when he is at low health. Warlock is always a hazard for Huskar to initiate by using Life Break because Chaotic Offering can stun him instantly, even when Black King Bar is activated, and allow Warlock's team to gather their wit and retaliate.
- After jumping in, Huskar will not have any means to escape Upheaval. Being an attack-dependent hero, this is bad for him.
- Fatal Bonds links the Meepos together.
- Warlock can cast Upheaval when Templar Assassin uses Meld, preventing escape.
- Lacking escaping mechanisms, being dependant on fair positioning and channeling for his ultimate, its easier to Warlock with your long range crowd control abilities to lock the Fiend down to your team.
- Warlock has long cast ranges on his abilities. You should never go in the middle of the enemies to do your work, sending your golem instead, and helping him and your teammates with your abilities. Buying a Glimmer Cape helps you even more.
- While heroes with strong mobility able to get close/flee or long range disables do well against him, heroes with no escaping abilities/lacking long disables will perish against Warlock. Once the golem lands with its stun, its hardly possible to escape when he casts Upheaval. Just watch your pet burn the enemies as they try running away or blow their strongest abilities to stop your Golem. Notable examples: Huskar, Drow Ranger, Lion, Elder Titan, etc.
- Team fight composition is often a bad deal against Warlock, since his stronger point is to counter an initiation and disrupt/curse a crowd of enemies.
- Channeling heroes will not go well against Warlock, especially those who build Black King Bar as Warlock's ultimate ability stun goes through spell immunity. E.g.: Crystal Maiden, Shadow Fiend, Enigma, etc.
Works well with...Sven
- Sven's Storm Hammer works well with Warlock's Upheaval.
- Warcry allows Warlock's golem to catch up to enemies and gives it better survivability against physical damage.
- Vacuum can be used to pull heroes into an Upheaval.
- Surge allows the golem from Chaotic Offering to chase down enemy heroes.
- Reverse Polarity can be set up with Chaotic Offering and Upheaval.
- Fatal Bonds can be very dangerous with an Empowered Magnus.
- Chaotic Offering, Upheaval, and Fatal Bonds are very dangerous with Black Hole and Midnight Pulse, they can bring down enemies in few seconds.
- Silencer's Last Word and Global Silence prevent the enemy team from casting stuns or silences upon Warlock.
- Alchemist can give an Aghanim's Scepter to Warlock
- Legion Commander, because the golem can help deal damage and stun the opponent during Duel, and Upheaval can prevent escape from either initiation or if the Duel is unsuccesful.
- Any hero with a stun, which allows Warlock prevent them from escaping using his Upheaval.