- and are very useful to lock down Void Spirit.
- can be difficult for Void Spirit to deal with in the laning stage.
- will fully damage Void Spirit during his ultimate, removing his main escape mechanic during fights and his way to disrupt them heavily.
- will force Void Spirit to use Dissimilate or Astral Step or be silenced. In the latter's case, it can be dangerous when combined with Rupture.
- One hit with should be sufficient in removing Void Spirit's shield most of the time.
- negates much of Void Spirit's escape abilities by revealing his position and prevents him from rotating effectively.
- is effective against every hero, and Void Spirit is no exception. Being unable to cast spells or items during fights for 16 seconds nullifies his impact entirely.
- Doom has a very versatile build and can consume creeps which has abilities that can stun or provide additional magic resistance.
- Doom's high strength gain and versatility in items can be effective against Void Spirit's magical damage.
- Ember Spirit has much higher mobility in than Void Spirit.
- Ember's is effective against Void Spirit's spells, as most of them deal magical damage.
- The root from prevents Void Spirit from using Dissimilate or Astral Step.
- Meepo's can easily lockdown Void Spirit.
- Meepo and his clones can easily burst Void Spirit's .
- prevents the usage of Void Spirit's escape abilities and limits his damage output in fights almost entirely.
- Killing Puck in the late game becomes difficult when they obtain a , , and .
- Queen of Pain can to both escape and initiate onto Void Spirit.
- She is also a very common carrier, which can prevent Void Spirit from contributing much in fights.
- The brutal physical damage of and can quickly remove Void Spirit's shield and stun him for a while.
- provides vision of Void Spirit while he is running away and allows Slardar to quickly close the gap
- negates all of Void Spirit's burst damage.
- quickly burns through .
- makes it hard for Void Spirit to lane against him.
- reduces the magical damage from Void Spirit's spells.
- Side lanes with disables will greatly reduce the likeliness Void Spirit will be willing to rotate: , , , .
- Heroes that can purge his slow and disables are very difficult to go on and their team: , .
- Heroes who can match Void Spirit's mobility (like the aforementioned or ) or tank his spells ( or ) are very problematic for him.
- Heroes with burst damage of their own won't be afraid to go toe to toe with Void Spirit, like , , or .
- Special mention to , as she can lock down Void Spirit for a long amount of time without worrying too much about being killed by him during the .
- silence. and shut down Void Spirit completely with the
- and will help reduce Void Spirit's burst damage.
- None of his spells besides his ultimate pierces spell immunity, making a good item against him.
- Void Spirit's AoE damage make short work of Broodmother's spiderlings
- Broodmother cannot escape Void Spirit's mobility, even in her webs.
- Void Spirit's high mobility becomes a nuisance to Terrorblade.
- Void Spirit's arsenal of magic damage is effective against Terrorblade's low strength.
- Terrorblade has no disables to prevent Void Spirit from escaping.
- Pugna hates heroes who can easily jump on him, and Void Spirit is easily capable of doing that via Astral Step.
- Dissimilate and Astral Step will easily allow Void Spirit to dodge .
- will make him or an ally more vulnerable to Void Spirit's spells.
- Void Spirit's spells do not cost a lot of mana, making not as effective against him.
- can easily be canceled by Dissimilate, Aether Remnant, or using Astral Step to break the link.
- Void Spirit can easily dodge Gyrocopter's with the help of Dissimilate.
- Void Spirit can partly dodge via Dissimilate or move out of its range with Astral Step.
- Gyrocopter has no escape abilities, which benefits Void Spirit's high mobility.
- Void Spirit can greatly pressure Morphling's farm, which is very bad for a hero who needs a large amount of space.
- does not provide better mobility than Astral Step.
- If Morphling shifted all of his strength to agility, he can be bursted down by Void Spirit before he can react.
- Doing an Ethereal Blade combo on Void Spirit is incredibly difficult, as Dissimilate and Astral Step can allow him to escape or dodge the projectile.
- Keeping Void Spirit inside is a very tricky task, especially in the early and mid game. In addition, if Monkey King is in a bad position, a well placed Aether Remnant can easily pull him out of the ring.
- Getting stacks of can be difficult when attacking Void Spirit.
- Void Spirit deals entirely magical damage in the early game, ignoring her evasion from .
- A Void Spirit with fast reaction time can use Dissimilate or Astral Step to dodge .
- Void Spirit is strong against heroes who cannot deal with his rotations due to his mobility. Such heroes include , , , and .
- Heroes who take a long time to become strong are in for a rough mid game, such as , , , and .
- Heroes that can summon units will have their summons destroyed very quickly if badly micro-managed, like , , and .
Works well with...
- With the mana and cooldown reduction provided by Keeper of the Light's ,Void Spirit will be able dish out damage quickly and efficiently.
- Void Spirit deals massive amounts of damage, although his skills are hard to land. can alleviate those issues via its lockdown.
- Because one of the main items for Void Spirit is a , Pudge's and will deal more damage.
- A good can drag an enemy into an Aether Remnant or a Dissimilate portal.
- Pugna's provides a slow and lowers the enemy's magic resistance, thus making Void Spirit's spells more effective.
- Bane's provides a way to lock down enemies and synergies with Veil of Discord.
- is a good setup to land Void Spirit's and .
- Void's magical damage is enhanced by .
- will force enemies to stay in place, making it very easy for Void Spirit to deal damage to them.
- Void Spirit loves to disrupt fights, the perfect kind of hero for Bloodseeker to count on while he picks off heroes.