Visage, the bound form of Necro'lic, is a ranged intelligence hero whose traits are unusual when compared to most intelligence heroes; he can be a ganker, tank, or nuker. Resilient and ruthless, Visage is a highly aggressive hero thanks to his great Strength gain and Gravekeeper's Cloak which allow him to soak up surprising amounts of damage. This is especially true from attacks mounted by Heroes who try to chip at his health with spells and burst damage without committing to a protracted engagement. This unholy gargoyle thrives in the midst of large battles, where the abundant pain and suffering in the air charges his Soul Assumption, allowing him to fire off huge bursts of magical damage in rapid succession. Additionally, Visage's proficiency with attacks is augmented by his ability to absorb the attack and movement speed of his foes with Grave Chill. Finally, his versatile ultimate, Familiars, is arguably one of the best scouting utilities in the game while also being excellent sources of damage and AoE disables. Utilizing his Familiars to their fullest requires constant split attention and good positioning to avoid feeding their large bounties to an enemy Hero. With a legion of ghostly gargoyles, incredible toughness, and fast attacks, Visage sows terror and agony, relentlessly hunting poor souls and leading them in the shackles of death to the gates of the Underscape.
Cannot target spell immune enemies. Slow persists if debuff was placed before spell immunity and when not dispelled.
- The slow and speed bonus are independent from each other. Grave Chill does not literally drain the speed.
- This means Visage's movement speed is increased by 17%/23%/29%/35%, while the target's is slowed by 17%/23%/29%/35%, each based on their own movement speed.
- The same goes for the attack speed. Visage's attack speed is increased by 34/46/58/70, while the target's is slowed by 34/46/58/70.
- This also means when one of them loses the buff or debuff, the other still keeps theirs.
- Grave Chill also grants the buff to
s within 1200 range of Visage. The buff on the Familiars is not aura-based. It places a separate buff on each Familiar.
- This means, after cast, the Familiars can move away from Visage and still keep the buff.
- It also means that dispelling Visage does not remove the buff on the Familiars, they must be dispelled separately.
- Can buff invulnerable units so that Familiars in are buffed as well.
- Soul Assumption travels at a speed of 1000.
- Each instance of damage taken by heroes is saved for 6 seconds or until cast. When the summary of the saved damage exceeds the damage threshold, a charge is added.
- It requires 330/440/550/660 damage within the last 6 seconds to reach the maximum amount of charges.
- Only counts damage dealt by players (including their summons) and .
- Does not count self-inflicted damage, or damage less than 2 or greater than 3000 (after reductions).
- The number of current charges is visible in the form of yellow bars above Visage. This is visible to Visage and his allies only.
- The projectile's visual appearance also reflects the amount of charges, revealing how much damage it is approximately about to deal.
- When casting Soul Assumption, its damage is set and the charges counter is reset upon projectile launch.
- With 0/1/2/3/4/5/6 charges, Soul Assumption can deal 20/95/170/245/320/395/470 ( 20/120/220/320/420/520/620) damage to the target (before reductions).
- When choosing the level 15 talent, the spell launches a second projectile towards a random visible valid target within the range.
- The search range is based on the cast range, plus the buffer, resulting in a search range of 1200 ( 1300).
- Cannot target the primary target with the second projectile, so when no other targets are nearby, nothing happens.
- Heroes and illusions have a higher priority than other units. Treats creep-heroes as creeps.
- Since it uses the spell's cast range, cast range increasing effects increase its range as well.
- The damage reduction reduces damage from all 3 damage types, except for damage flagged as HP Removal.
- Only reacts on damage instances that are greater than 40 (after all other reductions). Does not interact at all with damage instances lower than that.
- Only reacts on player-based damage, excluding self-inflicted damage.
- This is how much damage reduction each amount of layers grants at each level:
- Level 1: 8%/16%/24%/32% total damage reduction.
- Level 2: 12%/24%/36%/48% total damage reduction.
- Level 3: 16%/32%/48%/64% total damage reduction.
- Level 4: 20%/40%/60%/80% total damage reduction.
- The aura affects all s under Visage's control. It grants them damage reduction based on how many charges Visage currently has.
- Unlike the damage reduction on the hero itself, this damage reduction has no minimum threshold.
- The aura's buff lingers for 0.5 seconds.
- Summon Familiars interrupts Visage's channeling spells upon cast.
- Casting Summon Familiars replaces currently active Familiars from a previous cast.
- The Familiars are summoned 200 range in front on Visage, with 120 range distance between the Familiars. Visage is always at the center of the line.
- Familiars neither trigger nor take damage from .
- The Familiars' attack damage, health and armor only update upon getting re-summoned, and not immediately upon leveling the spell up.
- 's level only updates on re-summon as well.
- Stone Form does not interrupt Visage's channeling spells upon cast.
- This ability is disabled when no
- The ability goes on a cooldown equal to the cooldown time of the Stone Form with the lowest cooldown.
- This cooldown cannot be altered in any way, it periodically updates itself to match the next Stone Form.
- This means when re-summoning the Familiars, the sub-spell is immediately ready again.
- When used, orders the closest Familiar to enter Stone Form automatically.
- Although the Familiars' Stone Form spell triggers on-cast effects when used manually, they do not do so when used via this sub-spell.
- During the effect delay, the Familiar is rooted and disarmed, being prevented from moving or attacking.
- After the effect delay, the Familiar's health regeneration is heavily boosted, it is turned invulnerable and it gets disabled.
- Can regenerate up to 900/1050/1200 health over its full duration.
- The area stun and damage are applied right after the effect delay as well.
- The stun and damage location is determined upon landing, not upon cast.
- Upon landing, trees in the surrounding area are destroyed
- Stone Form first applies the debuff, then the damage.
- When a Familiar dies during the effect delay, the area damage and stun are not applied, but the visual effects still appear.
- The Stone Form's duration is indicated by a yellow number above the Familiar. This number is visible to Visage only.
|+50Movement Speed||20||+25Damage Per Charge|
|Hits 2 Targets||15||+35% XP Gain|
|+30 Damage||10||+100 Cast Range|
- Level 15 right talent: Reduced experience gain bonus from 40% to 35%.
- helper ability on your hero now targets an area, causing the closest familiar to the target location to move and cast Stone Form at that location.
- Increased duration from 3/4/5/6 to 6 on each level.
- Rescaled movement speed transfer from 32% on each level to 17%/23%/29%/35%.
- Rescaled attack speed transfer from 64 on each level to 34/46/58/70.
- sustains Visage's health during the laning phase, keeping him from returning to base due to enemy harassment.
- also restores health to Visage in the laning stage.
- allows Visage to maintain his mana in order to cast his spells in the laning phase, particularly Soul Assumption, which costs roughly half of his base mana pool and can be important for securing kills during ganks.
- is cheap and give Visage a small amount of attributes, a useful way to spend his remaining gold. They can be used with Tango for more health restoration, sold for inventory space, or built into Magic Wand or Mekansm.
- carries items to Visage and teammates.
- gives map vision and allows Visage to better position his Familiars to take advantage of gank opportunities. It can also spot incoming enemy ganks and other map movements.
- allows Visage to take map vision away from the enemy; as well, Familiars can use their small vision radius to scout high ground areas for enemy wards after placing a Sentry Ward on lower ground to cover more detection area.
- are necessary to rectify Visage's poor movement speed. Getting boots as early as possible in the laning phase allows Visage to pursue enemies during ganks, particularly to get within range to cast Grave Chill to slow them.
- is a useful burst healing/mana item if the enemies in lane will be casting many spells. It can later be built into a Magic Wand.
- gives Visage's lane increased physical survivability and some mana regeneration to sustain spell casting. Past the laning stage, it can be disassembled and the Sage's Mask recycled for other items.
- is a powerful utility support item in Visage's hands. The item provides armor and mana regeneration, giving Visage more survivability and maintaining his mana pool. The active allows him to either buff up an ally's armor to help them in fights, or reduce an enemy's armor to increase the amount of damage they take from allies, Visage's attacks, and most importantly his Summon Familiars.
- , built from Magic Stick, gives Visage bonus attributes and increased charge storage for burst regeneration. As a support, Visage can benefit greatly from both if lacking farm.
- , upgraded from Medallion of Courage, provides many of the same benefits. The increased armor, stats, and mana regeneration give Visage even more tankiness and helps keep his mana topped up even in the late game. Can be used on enemies to slow and increase familiar damage by lowering target armor. Can also be used on a familiar while attacking towers to give +80 attack speed.
- provides attack speed aura to strengthen damage output of Visage and Familiars. It also allows Visage to control a neutral creep, taking full advantage of its abilities.
- is a powerful item for Visage, as an extra Familiar will increase his burst damage output by 50%, as well as allowing for increased stagger stun duration with Stone Form. The item also provides Visage with all-around attributes, giving him more health and mana.
- root on a low cooldown. It can greatly increase Visage's ability to chase down foes as he can root them at long range with the active, then use Familiar's Stone From to stun, and finish off with Grave Chill for more movement speed slow. provides Visage with more health, more intelligence for mana and base damage, and a long-ranged
- greatly boosts Visage's armor and attack speed, making him a strong presence in teamfights and ganks. The aura can boost his Familiars' attack speed and reduce enemies' armor to allow the Familiars' attacks to deal additional damage.
- saves Visage and teammates with magic resistance and invisibility.
- makes Visage invulnerable to physical attacks, so he can survive to use more abilities and items.
- benefits only two of Visage's spells and any applicable items like Force Staff or Orchid Malevolence but can help him hit enemies from further away with Grave Chill and Soul Assumption.
- gives Visage more intelligence, increasing his base damage and the size of his mana pool, and provides some health regeneration. The active allows Visage to quickly re-position himself to cast his spells during ganks and fights, and can act as an escape if needed. It can also be cast on teammates caught out of position in order to save them.
- builds out of Force Staff and helps him become more proficient at attacking. Since Visage's range is already good, this can allow him to assist in fighting without putting himself in as much danger while his Familiars attack as well.
- gives Visage increased utility and allows him to further support his team through healing them. The increased attributes and armor also vastly boost Visage's durability, making him tankier in fights and allowing him to contribute more.
- can give Visage increased survivability and utility for his team. The magic resistance allows Visage to weather magic nukes more effectively when Gravekeeper's Cloak is down, and the magic barrier can shield teammates from magic damage during fights.
- is a very powerful support item that gives Visage powerful utility in teamfights. The increased attributes and aura make Visage much tankier, and he can heal himself while also removing negative debuffs with the active.
- gives Visage many useful benefits, including physical damage output, more mana and powerful mana regeneration. The silence can prevent enemies from casting escape spells during ganks, and deal powerful burn damage from Visage's powerful burst damage at the end of the silence.
- is upgraded from Orchid Malevolence, giving critical strike and true strike on affected targets, synergizing well with armor reduction of Solar Crest to shred enemies.
- 's slow will be applied when a familiar attacks the target and since the slow duration is the same as the attack time for familiars the slow can be applied to the target for the entire mute duration. This item can also be applied along with an Orchid or Bloodthorn to effectively debuff an enemy to the same effect as a Scythe of Vyse but for a longer duration and with the added effect from Bloodthorn's guaranteed crits and Soul Rend effect.
- 's Echo Shell deters enemy heroes from using single-target abilities on Visage or affected allies for fear of reflection. Otherwise, it grants armor and regeneration so Visage can survive in battles a little longer.
- is a strong support item that, while expensive, provides extremely strong benefits. The all-around attributes, larger mana pool and increased mana regeneration allow Visage to better contribute in teamfights, and the instant hard-disable can be crucial for getting off successful ganks and disabling important targets in teamfights.
- boosts Visage's survivability against physical damage and greatly improves his mana pool and base damage. The active can be used as a slow and nuke, further slowing an enemy alongside Grave Chill and building up damage for Soul Assumption.
|Roles:||Support Nuker Durable Disabler Pusher|
|Playstyle:||Perched atop the Narrow Maze was Visage, a dreadful gargoyle form to which the eternal spirit Necro'lic was bound. Tasked with hunting down those who escape the afterlife, Visage instills a Grave Chill in his prey, impairing them as he reaps their essence with Soul Assumption. Protected by a Gravekeeper's Cloak, the gargoyle's ablative layers deflect both steel and spells. Visage's Familiars circle above, scouting the land for runaways. On his command, they harass their prey, then drop down to earth in Stone Form to restrain the captive for their master's impending arrival.|
- Visage has one of the most numerous ability remakes in the game, with Grave Chill being his only mainstay:
- Soul Assumption, in an earlier version, was an autocast enabled attack modifier where he will deal bonus damage and steal the life of his enemies upon death, healing him and leaving no corpse.
- Gravekeeper's Cloak used to be a passive aura where allies in the area will be healed when Visage takes damage, physical or magical.
- Raise Revenants, his former ultimate, lets him summon up to eight pitch-black, gargoyle-shaped spirits from a corpse. It was likely changed because of it being a very effective scouting tool that makes map control easier. The Revenants had good vision range, a flying attribute, and can be resummoned easily since the ability neither cost a lot of mana nor had a long cooldown. This, along with the fact that the Revenants did not do a lot of damage on their own (attack modifier limits their damage to one-third the stated amount against heroes) and no special abilities give them very limited usage in combat situations.
- Visage's rival line towards ▶️ "You shall not pass!" is a direct quote from Gandalf, a character from The Lord of the Rings. This reference is due to the similarities between Keeper of the Light and Gandalf.
Low Violence model