We are currently performing an upgrade to our software. This upgrade will bring MediaWiki from version 1.31 to 1.33. While the upgrade is being performed on your wiki it will be in read-only mode. For more information check here.
- & can dispel Venomous Gale and Poison Sting.
- provides magic resistance, diminishing the effectiveness of Venomancer's spells.
- Venomancer's lack of hard disable allows Anti-Mage to use , circumventing the slows Venomancer depends on.
- Huskar can easily regenerate lost health from DoT spells through rendering them ineffective
- Venomancer has little armor and mobility, and rarely builds Linken's Sphere, so he is quite vulnerable to .
- dispels Venomous Gale and Poison Sting from Legion Commander or her teammates.
- can dispel Venomous Gale and Poison Sting from allies.
- grants 100% magic resistance to target, inhibiting the damage from Venomancer abilities.
- All of Venomancer's abilities are decent choices for Rubick's . Stealing Plague wards makes them apply Poison sting as well.
- can dispel Venomous Gale and Poison Sting.
- allows Slark heightened regeneration when out of vision making DoTs effects less threatening.
- illusion will apply Poison Sting to you if hit.
- and will make quick work of your Plague Wards.
- While ticking down from your poison, Terrorblade can wait until the last possible moment to a target, either friend or foe.
- allows Underlord to transport allies from poison damage-over-time to the fountain.
- Underlord usually buys that gives a magic resistance to allies, inhibiting the damage from Venomancer abilities.
- While is off cooldown, Venomancer abilities can't kill Wraith King easier.
- can out-heal the slow from Poison Sting.
- allows to stay in the back of fights, avoiding the majority of Venomancer's spells unless directly targeted at him.
- can attack through Plague Wards and gaining charges.
- Any hero that can outrange Plague Ward can neutralize them without putting themselves at risk of receiving Poison Sting:
, , , , , , , and .
- Special mention to heroes has attack range talent can also outrange Plague Ward.
- Enemies affected by Venomous Gale are deniable by teammates if they're under 25% of their max health.
- counters Venomancer as he has no disables nor nukes to stop the teleport in time.
- will heavily mitigate the effectiveness of your spells.
- as well.
- will nullify your spell damage for its duration.
- will temporarily reflect your damage back to you.
- Venomancer's slows and magical damage-over-time work well against Axe's complete lack of mobility.
- Plague Wards is especially useful for slowing down Axe, and revealing him before he initiates, as well as putting his on cooldown.
- For the same reasons, Venomancer is a good ally for Axe when the situation is reversed.
- Earthshaker can be kited by Venomancer's slows, which is lack of mobility.
- Plague Wards is very useful for slowing and kitting down Earthshaker, revealing him from initiating and re-initiating and putting his on cooldown.
- Venomancer can simultaneously scout Magnus hiding in trees and putting on cooldown with Plague Wards, which makes Magnus real problems to blink and initiate.
- Venomancer's poison attacks are all magical damage, ignoring .
- Venomancer's multiple slows are especially effective against Mars' low mobility.
- Plague Wards can attack through .
- Venomancer's magical damage-over-time poisons putting on cooldown, greatly diminishing Monkey King's mobility.
- Venomous Gale and Posion Nova will hit Monkey King when he is perched on a tree, or disguised by .
- Venomancer's poison damage-over-time are very effective against Spectre, which is lack of magic resistance from early to mid game.
- Venomancer's multiple slows greatly reduces Spectre's low mobility, even through .
- Plague Wards reveals Spectre while she is hiding on trees.
- Venomous Gale and Plague Wards allow to quickly melt through charges.
- Both Poison Nova and Venomous Gale hit invisible units, so cannot be used defensively.
- Plague Wards may reveal a hiding Techies. If there's a sentry nearby, they may also reveal a stack of mines hidden in a juking spot.
- Due to lack of magic resistance, Venomancer poisons eats through Windranger's health.
- Venomancer has this weird love/hate relationship with heals. On the one hand, healers have plenty of time to heal again and again, nullifying your DoTs. On the other hand, your poison is more potent than most heals, and most healers won't survive an engagement with you by simply walking back to their fountain and spamming their heals.
- Venomancer is an easy target to gank. However, if he's given enough time to cast his spells, even if he dies, it's not unlikely that an enemy support or two dies with him.
- Venomancer's 15th level talent that summons 2 wards upon hero impact is potentially devastating against illusions.
- can't blink away if heroes are affected by damage-over-time poisons.
Works well with...
- Poison Nova deals a huge amount of damage, but cannot kill anyone by itself. is basically the opposite; it doesn't deal colossal damage, but it will shatter anyone already weakened. Just be sure to use it after the enemies have already ticked down a bit from the poison.
- Even if you wasted or missed Ice Blast, you can still increase Venomancer's damage by amplifying his poison with a well-positioned .
- The slow from Venomous Gale will help trigger .
- With Undying spamming , Venomancer's poison will make even quicker work of his weakened enemies.
- 's damage amplification bolsters Venomous Gale and Poison Nova.
- Venomous Gale and Poison Sting, along with aura and zombies continuously applying Deathlust, slow enemies down to a crawl, exerting huge teamfight control.
- Heroes with high mobility can clean up the enemies' back line after Venomancer has melted their HP away: , , ,
- Heroes with abilities that further amplify Venomancer's magical damage: , ,