- dispels Venomous Gale and Poison Sting from Legion Commander or her teammates.
- can dispel Venomous Gale and Poison Sting.
- allows Slark heightened regeneration when out of vision making DoT effects less threatening
- All of Venomancer's abilities are decent choices for Rubick's .
- provides magic resistance, diminishing the effectiveness of Venomancer's spells.
- Venomancer's lack of hard disable allows Anti-Mage to use , circumventing the slows Venomancer depends on.
- Huskar can easily regenerate lost health from DoT spells through rendering them ineffective
- Venomancer has little armor and mobility, and rarely builds Linken's Sphere, so he is quite vulnerable to .
- can dispel Venomous Gale and Poison Sting from allies.
- grants 100% magic resistance to target, inhibiting the damage from Venomancers abilities.
- illusion will apply Poison Sting to you if hit.
- and will make quick work of your Plague Wards.
- While ticking down from your poison, Terrorblade can wait until the last possible moment to a target, either friend or foe.
- With a single point in , Sniper will out-range your Plague Wards and will kill them for their bounty.
- Sniper stays in the back of fights, avoiding the majority of Venomancer's spells unless directly targeted at him
- Any hero that can outrange Plague Ward can neutralize them without putting themselves at risk of receiving Poison Sting. These heroes include Ancient Apparition, Arc Warden, Chen, Clinkz, Drow Ranger, Lina, Mirana, Oracle, Pugna, Techies, and Sniper with at least one point in
- Jakiro, Lone Druid, Silencer, Viper, Windranger can also outrange Plague Wards if they choose their attack range talent.
- Enemies affected by Venomous Gale are deniable by teammates if they're under 25% of their max health.
- counters Venomancer as he has no disables nor nukes to stop the teleport in time.
- will heavily mitigate the effectiveness of your spells.
- as well.
- will nullify your spell damage for its duration.
- will temporarily reflect your damage back to you.
- Venomancer's slows and magical damage-over-time work well against Axe's complete lack of mobility.
- Plague Ward is especially useful for slowing down Axe, and revealing him before he initiates, as well as putting his on cooldown.
- For the same reasons, Venomancer is a good ally for Axe when the situation is reversed.
- Venomous Gale and Plague Wards allow to quickly melt through charges.
- Both Poison Nova and Venomous Gale hit invisible units, so cannot be used defensively.
- Plague wards may reveal a hiding Techies. If there's a sentry nearby, they may also reveal a stack of mines hidden in a juking spot.
- Venomancer can simultaneously scout Magnus hiding in trees and put blink dagger on cooldown with Plague Wards, which makes Magnus real problems to blink and initiate.
- Venomancer has this weird love/hate relationship with heals. On the one hand, healers have plenty of time to heal again and again, nullifying your DoTs. On the other hand, your poison is more potent than most heals, and most healers won't survive an engagement with you by simply walking back to their fountain and spamming their heals.
- Venomancer is an easy target to gank. However, if he's given enough time to cast his spells, even if he dies, it's not unlikely that an enemy support or two dies with him.
Works well with...
- Poison Nova deals a huge amount of damage, but cannot kill anyone by itself. is basically the opposite; it doesn't deal colossal damage, but it will shatter anyone already weakened. Just be sure to use it after the enemies have already ticked down a bit from the poison.
- Even if you wasted or missed Ice Blast, you can still increase Venomancer's damage by amplifying his poison with a well-positioned .
- The slow from Venomous Gale will help trigger .
- With Undying spamming , Venomancer's poison will make even quicker work of his weakened enemies.
- 's damage amplification bolsters Venomous Gale and Poison Nova.
- Venomous Gale and Poison Sting, along with aura and zombies continuously applying Deathlust, slow enemies down to a crawl, exerting huge teamfight control.
- Heroes with high mobility can clean up the enemies' back line after Venomancer has melted their HP away: , , ,
- Heroes with abilities that further amplify Venomancer's magical damage: , ,