As part of the Unified Community Platform project, your wiki will be migrated to the new platform in the next few weeks. Read more here.
Welcome to the Dota 2 Wiki!
Here are a few links to get you started:
- If you're not too familiar with editing wikis, you might like to start with Help:Contents.
- If you already are familiar with wikiediting, you might want to try Help:Style guide.
- Recent Changes will let you see others' contributions as they happen.
- To make Recent Changes more useful for all users, remember to provide an edit summary in the "Summary" field before you save your changes.
- You can set the wiki to prompt you for a summary in your preferences.
- When posting on an article's Talk page you should add four tilde symbols or
~~~~onto the end.
- This will add a signature and timestamp to your comment so others can easily tell who posted it.
- Any new sections on an article's Talk page should be added to the bottom of the page and not to the top.
- When editing normal article pages, don't sign your contributions.
- If you have any questions or need any help, please feel free to leave a message for a staff member.
- If you have trouble with anything on the wiki or you're not sure about a specific topic, feel free to join the IRC.
- You can also customize your user page if you like.
- Additionally, if you would like to add any self-made content to the wiki, please do so by adding the prefix User:Jamajarzi/ to the page title when you create the page.
Once again, welcome to the Dota 2 Wiki!
-- Seven Five Seven 02:03, 6 April 2013 (UTC)
Commenting on talk pages
Hey, welcome to the wiki! When commenting on talk pages, don't forget to sign your name at the end of your comments. This can be easily done by inserting for tildes (~~~~), which the wiki will automatically replace with your signature. You can change this signature in your user preferences. -- Seven Five Seven 02:03, 6 April 2013 (UTC)