welkom - unfortunately thats the extent of my dutch language knowledge! I look forward to seeing you around, and editing with you. Welcome to the wiki! -- mpcovcd
- I am currently a weekend away from home in Belgium. Probably should've posted a notice on my userpage about that (I did on the TF Wiki). Anyway, thanks. Like I said, I have no intention of becoming a hardcore editor, but I do look forward to contributing to this Wiki, however minor that might be. Cheers. -- Hefaistus 13:13, 24 September 2011 (CDT)
Sorry about reverting your Zeus lore
I was removing all of the lore Billklanidi added. I didn't notice you had already corrected that one. Thanks. --Kroocsiogsi 22:23, 22 November 2011 (UTC)
- It's quite alright, I already suspected that it was an accident, I just quoted my sources just in case. No hard feelings and good luck editing. Hefaistus 22:25, 22 November 2011 (UTC)
About the Lina Trivia
My bad, when I saw your revert I took a quick glance at the Trivia rules and didn't see that bit, and it definitely is an interesting fact about her. I guess that rule was in place to avoid spam like tf2wiki had with tons of "this was the first weapon to x" and such. Most of this wiki's rules and other stuff are just copy paste from other valve wikis, and as such may need some changing. I don't mind you removing things against the rules, in fact, I like some help keeping the content of the wiki under control, it's just that I saw you undo many interesting trivia from some pages, and I was like "wtf, don't remove all that, try and rewrite it in a more suitable way instead, but just removing because it doesn't fit tightly some rules isn't the way to go". Maybe you should visit the IRC channel and we can talk about these things there. -ChocolateWaffle 01:23, 29 February 2012 (UTC)
- I'm a TF Wiki veteran, which is why I pretty much have this zero tolerance policy towards 'X of Y' trivia, observational trivia and speculation. I do realize, however, that this is a different Wiki, which is also why I always first check the Trivia Guidelines here in case the rules have been changed in the mean time. It was, however, not the case when you added the trivia to Lina, hence why I removed it. I don't mind being more lenient towards the trivia here, if you think that we can be a bit more liberal with the rules around here. In that case, I will try to rewrite trivia a bit if it's not particularly well written. I still suggest that the passage should be rewritten, though, since it could become an issue later on.
- I will, by the way, keep bombing any claims that the Dota 2 hats in TF2 were given to the International 2011 participants to kingdom come. -- Hefaistus 21:14, 29 February 2012 (UTC)
Subtitle file --> wiki page
I noticed you were talking about this on IRC. Did you check my user page? I have scripts there already. :-) --Kroocsiogsi 06:52, 16 April 2012 (UTC)
- I did not know that. Guess I can scrap production of the program then. Thanks for the warning though, before I start doing unneeded double work. Hefaistus 10:25, 16 April 2012 (UTC)
Strange Items: I need some help please
Hello, I'm a new user to the Dota 2 Wiki, and I've noticed that the section on strange items are missing a lot of items. Do you reckon I could get some help with listing them, if its not too much trouble? Please reply to my talk page with your answer. Thank you. --Silverleaf81 02:23, 7 February 2013 (UTC)
Listing the Stranges is the problem, as i'm not sure of a lot of what strange items count what. I'm fine with making things like templates and what-not, its just the problem of the many unknown Strange counters. Usually, finding strange counters consists of me skulking around other people's backpacks, looking for stranges to add to the list. But anyways, thank you very much for your help, I hope the list will soon be packed!
PS. Reply to my talk page if you need to contact me. --Silverleaf81 07:31, 9 February 2013 (UTC)
It seems that some strange items track other types of counters, like Victories or Tower's destroyed. You're right though, most strange items do count kills as their counter. Now you mention it, it probably is a logical idea to assume that most stranges track kills. I guess what could be done is to add all stranges to the list, and along the way, if different strange counters are discovered, they can be edited in. What do you reckon? --Silverleaf81 03:01, 11 February 2013 (UTC)
Random admin help
Could You remove line about autoban in tournaments? This needs any reference, or at least what dota1 patch it was. Referring to 20 patches ago is misguiding to fresh players, if hero balance changed completely.--184.108.40.206 13:02, 28 March 2013 (UTC)
- Done. - Hefaistus 22:37, 28 March 2013 (UTC)
You can change me to Wiki Staff (Thai)?
How to Wiki Staff for Thai pages --Tomarzig 02:33, May 2013 (UTC)
- I don't think the Thai section needs an admin as you are our only active Thai contributor. What do you want to do that requires elevated privileges? -RJ 21:16, 2 May 2013 (UTC)
Hello ^^ Could you tell me how to make infoboxes? I would like to make some infoboxes o___o Kodama 01:09, 19 May 2013 (UTC)