- 1 Siltbreaker pages
- 2 Siltbreaker Transcription
- 3 Cannot confirm email address
- 4 Deafening Blast
- 5 Anti-mage leg count
- 6 Where to find cargo_declare for heroes
- 7 All Random changes on Game Modes
- 8 Multicast
- 9 Grimstroke
- 10 Revert by GRASP bot
- 11 Something weird is happening with the Experience page
- 12 Missing item effects from ingame tooltip
- 13 your reversal of my edit
- 14 Add new bonus to item infobox
Cannot confirm email address
Recently I found that I can't leave comments on user profile any more due to "Your email address is not yet confirmed.". However, I've already confirmed my email address three times and each time it shows "Your email address has now been confirmed.".
However, when I go back to any user page, or Special:Preferences, it still shows that my email is not confirmed. I tried different browser or logout, didn't help.
- Have the same problem. No idea how to fix. Probably have to wait for Curse to fix it, since it appears to be a general issue currently. ~~ Bu3ny (talk) 02:54, 8 November 2017 (UTC)
What was wrong with Deafening Blast's bkbtext ? It is completely blocked by BKB and undispellable. 172.31.20.208
- Read carefully what it says. It says when you turn spell immune after impact, the knockback still persists (turning spell immune during the knockback doesn't cancel the knockback). And the disarm is removed by spell immunity. It is correct. ~~ Bu3ny (talk) 12:27, 20 November 2017 (UTC)
- Yeah, my bad, sorry, forgot about old change, messed with HH.172.31.33.176
Anti-mage leg count
I would like to hear your reasoning why Anti-mage legs are 2 intsead of 1/1.5/1.8/1.9. 6.75 changes clearly says that AM is missing parts of his other leg, and I can't find anything in npc_heroes.txt telling he would have more than 1/1.5/1.8/1.9. legs. --Eqvcl (talk) 14:42, 25 November 2017 (UTC)
- Open the npc file and read what it says in the 7th line of the file.
// Note: This is loaded and overriden/added to by values in the specific heroes chunks.
- Meaning if a hero has a value not given, it uses the default value. For example, Visage is the only hero who has magic resistance given, all others use the 25% set in the base at the top. Legs is set to 2 by default. AM has no legs given in his chunk, so he uses the default value.
- The 6.75 changelog was a joke, just like the cooldown increase of Vacumm from 28 to 28.0. ~~ Bu3ny (talk) 16:00, 25 November 2017 (UTC)
Where to find cargo_declare for heroes
Hello, sir. I was wondering if you knew the link to the cargo_declare for heroes. Basically the place or template where the table that cargo uses for heroes is declared. Thanks. --Augrunga (talk) 11:18, 7 March 2018 (UTC)
- It's declared at the bottom of Template:Hero infobox. On Special:CargoTables you can see where each table is declared. --Litzsch 09:43, 8 March 2018 (UTC)
All Random changes on Game Modes
Hi Bu3ny. Can you not revert the addition of "Unavailable Heroes" to the all random section of Game Modes again? Or find an All Random game with Techies before doing so. You won't find a single one. — The preceding unsigned comment was added by 188.8.131.52 (talk) • (contribs) • Please sign your posts with ~~~~
So because the description is "obviously" wrong, it should stay that way? That doesn't even make any sense. It should be factual and not misleading. You can use whatever variant you like of "X or more"/"at least X" to clearly state what it actually does. As it is, it's just nonsense. — The preceding unsigned comment was added by 184.108.40.206 (talk) • (contribs) • Please sign your posts with ~~~~
- There is nothing wrong in the description. Your did nothing but repeat the already listed values. I don't think anyone thinks the chances add up like that, it's common sense. ~~ Bu3ny (talk) 13:23, 30 June 2018 (UTC)
Hello. I was wondering where people get those crazy modifier names for his spells. Could you please show me what specific file are modifiers located at. Thank you. Gwapoako99 (talk) 11:27, 1 September 2018 (UTC)
dota_modifier_debug 1--Elite stay (talk) 11:46, 1 September 2018 (UTC)
- That's one way to do it. Another one is with
ent_textto make them visible in-game. And in the game files, the localization (abilities_english.txt) files list them as well (but that one only list buffs which have a description or a name in-game, so hidden modifiers are usually not listed). ~~ Bu3ny (talk) 12:15, 1 September 2018 (UTC)
Revert by GRASP bot
Hi, I just wanted to let you know why I reverted the edit on Valve Corporation. The user made similar edits and added external links on over 50 wikis which is why we reverted all their contributions. Of course your revert is totally fine as well. Also, GRASP bot does everything on a direct command except otherwise stated in the summary. MarkusRost (talk) 19:38, 17 September 2019 (UTC)
Something weird is happening with the Experience page
The section with the experience multipliers importing the Talents/Bonus_Table template is just showing HTML. I'm not really sure how to fix this though. Thanks for all your hard work. :)
Missing item effects from ingame tooltip
Regarding your edits on Heart of Tarrasque for example, something like 50% heal amp is a major instance of tooltips missing information. Viewer may question the credibility of our page when they see the information here is not matched with what is ingame. I think we should explain in some way that such a major information is missing from ingame tooltips. Something like this:put next to the effect, to notice viewer that effect is hidden (or missing) from ingame tooltips.
your reversal of my edit
I added the behaviour of Storm Hammer's damage and dispel with regard to invisible units to the Sven article (that both the aoe damage and the aoe dispel affect invisible units) and you removed it with the comment 'default behaviour of aoe effects'. Now it would seem to me that default or not only matters if this wiki somewhere specifies which behaviour is to be regarded default behaviour and which isn't. Can you link me such a page or reason how else a wiki user is to know the default behaviour? If it doesn't exist, maybe I can create such a page with an explanation which behaviour this wiki sees as default. MerlinAnno (talk) 22:27, 6 June 2020 (UTC)
- Default behaviors can usually be found on the mechanics pages. Invisibility not protecting from AoE effects is mentioned here. ~~ Bu3ny (talk) 11:12, 7 June 2020 (UTC)
Add new bonus to item infobox
I try to add a new property for spell lifesteal amplification as of 7.27.
What I did was mimicking lifesteal amplification in Template:Item_infobox and then try to show the property using
Show|I|Kaya|bonus spell lifesteal amplification
However it does not seem to work. The page show error message: "Lua error: Error: No field named "bonus_spell_lifesteal_amplification" found for any of the specified database tables.."
- Adding a new parameter requires recreation of Cargo table, that's why it didn't found field for that parameter. Works now. Medok 15:08, 30 June 2020 (UTC)