Audio migration in progress. Some responses pages / audio files may have broken file links.
The Ursa are a race of large, bear-like beings. They live in wild woods under frozen mountains, and are highly protective of their territory. The ursa are a strong and righteous people, and denmothers can be very ferocious when protecting their young. Ulfsaar is the only ursa known by name. Sensing a looming danger beyond ursine lands, he has set out to destroy the threat at its source.
Most ursa do not find armor practical.
During the winter, males ursas patrol their land, while females sleep and nurse their cubs in the darkwoods. Beasts from the mountains north of their home are particularly dangerous, and regularly culled.
The Savage Age
In their early history, the ursa did not have the ability for speech. This era was known as the Savage Age, marked by violent conflicts. Alliances were formed, with each group marked by its own unique patterns and sigils. Today, the ursa honor and remember their past through rituals and ceremony.
The Tribal Wars
Long ago, wars broke out between the ursa clans. It was the first time the ursa began wearing metal armor, adorned with their clan patterns. Most relics from the wars have been lost, although remaining pieces are still worn by the ursa to partake in ceremonies.
The ursa believe in spirits of the wild, as well as individual spirits that dwell within every being. According to Ulfsaar, it is his own personal spirit that keeps him safe. The ursa also appears to believe in an ancestral "first bear" .
Razorwyrms are also hunted, but probably not for food.
The Cholgar are killed, possibly because they pose a danger
- Ursa biography.
- Iron Bear's Cutter description.
- Ursa response: ▶️ Come not near the darkwoods where my kindred sleep.
- Alpine Stalker's Scarf description.
- Belt of a Savage Age description.
- Armor of a Savage Age description.
- Bracer of a Savage Age description.
- Ursa response: ▶️ I join hh-hh the wild spirits.
- Ursa response: ▶️ It is my spirit that keeps me safe, and not mere armor.
- Ursa response: ▶️ The spirit of the first bear burns immortal in me.
- Lucky Alpine Stalker's Hat description.
- Ursa response: ▶️ Sweet as honey.
- Ursa response: ▶️ Tidehunter, if you'll not be wanting that fish, it will make me a very small snack.
- Spiked Bracers of the Ravager description.
- Kit of the First Hunt description.