|is a simple carry/anti-tank hero who specialises in quickly taking out enemies one at a time. He is powerful from start to finish, tearing apart enemies and getting early Roshan kills for his team with the help of his passive . Combined with and , Ursa can quickly take down even the toughest heroes. However, his damage output is strictly limited to melee range and he has no mobility options, making him a prime target for enemy disables and thus heavily reliant on items such as and .|
- Ursa only needs Morbid Mask and max Fury Swipes to take down Roshan.
- After obtaining the Aegis, Ursa should dominate the mid game by ganking the enemies repeatedly with Blink Dagger and his team.
|Status Resistancegains 80%||25||+600 AoE|
|+25sReset Time||15||+14 Agility|
|+8 Strength||10||+2 Mana Regen|
Tips & Tactics
- Ursa's lack of ranged abilities and mobility options make him very easy to kite. Pair up with a disabler such as or .
- Ursa's Fury Swipes ability allows him to solo-kill Roshan at very low levels with any source of lifesteal (as low as level 1 if paired with ), but typically around level 7 with .
- Try to deward the area around the Roshan pit and use prior to entering the pit to avoid being detected and ganked while inside.
- Ursa can be easily shut down by disables.
- Ursa remains relevant in late game by having items that improve survivability and counter enemy disables , , , or even , and of course and .
- As Ursa's damage is not too dependent upon attributes, but rather his passive, he may not want to pick the talent that grants agility.
- Earthshock is a low cooldown, decent damage AoE slow that is useful for crippling enemies while you lay waste to them with your right click attacks. Consider at least one value point in this skill early game as it gives you the full slow duration as well as a magic nuke which will more easily allow you to acquire kills.
- Though the mana cast is not high, the low cooldown combined with Ursa's small mana pool means you will fast run out of mana if you are not careful. Consider stat items/mana regeneration items to ensure you have enough mana for this and Overpower.
- Do not rely too much on the slow to pin down enemies; though it is very strong and lasts a good while, savvy opponents will build / /any item that dispels debuffs for themselves or each other, kiting you and denying you easy kills. Often it is essential to build items that give better lockdown such as or .
- Overpower's cooldown is shorter than its duration. This means that Ursa can cast the ability early, use up the Overpower attacks, and then cast it again immediately after for up to 14 attacks in quick succession. Use this to maximize his burst damage and jungling efficiency.
- The combination of Overpower and Fury Swipes is the source of Ursa's tremendous damage output, as the greatly increased attack speed allows Ursa to build Fury Swipes stacks very quickly.
- The long duration of Overpower means it should be cast before a fight to let Ursa start dealing heavy damage right away.
- Fury Swipes builds up Ursa's attack damage as he keeps attacking target, similar to how increases Troll Warlord's attack speed.
- The damage scaling of Fury Swipes make Ursa great at killing Roshan.
- Works best when you already have a stack of Overpower nearing its expiring time, as you can use Earth Shock to slow down the enemy and attack, resulting in a definite kill if you do this and pop in another Overpower stack and use Enrage.
- Make last hitting easier by "preparing" each creep in the laning phase. This is done by getting Fury Swipes stack(s) on the creep, so that when you go for the last hit, you do more damage. Be wary of pushing the lane with this method.
- Because Fury Swipes' damage increases with the number of stacks, holding on to Enrage until Ursa has made several attacks on the target will result in a large increase in damage. This is especially useful for quickly wearing down Roshan's health.
- While mainly used to amplify Ursa's damage output, the dispel and damage resistance applied by Enrage mean that he can also use it to help escape enemies.
- Note that Enrage has a quite short duration. Enemies with long ranged or long lasting disables can therefore easily waste the Enrage buff by disabling Ursa after he has cast it. Examples of such disables are , , and , or even and , which are short, but repeating stuns.
- Enrage does not disjoint any debuff and is not recommended to be used against debuffs that can't be disjointed such as , as it only puts a strong dispel on Ursa. However, you still take 80% less damage while using Enrage, which allows you to retaliate, and in the case of to fight back.
- Enrage does not work against abilities that damage via HP removal, so abilities such as and can still kill you instantly.
- provides health regeneration in lane.
- can be used to make a Magic Wand and provide cheap, efficient attributes for the early game.
- are essential for most heroes but particularly Ursa as it allows him to chase down enemies to get into Earthshock range, as well as reducing down-time while jungling.
- combines with earlier to make a .
- if the enemy laner has more movement speed than Ursa, this gives him enough movement speed to continue chasing them down.
- is a useful item to keep Ursa's mana issues at bay. It can also be built into a , which is definitely a viable option for Ursa.
- puts another slow in Ursa's arsenal, giving more chasing power.
- naturally synergizes well with Ursa's high physical damage, greatly increasing his staying power on the map. It also gives him a tool to take on Roshan.
- provide Ursa with additional chasing power, as well as attack damage to bolster his already high damage output.
- may be useful to supplement Ursa's poor mana pool and save him from bad situations.
- Roshan with ease and keep his current health high. Also lifesteal work with Fury Swipes, so Ursa can devastate any enemy by leeching a lot of health when some Fury Swipes are already placed. or other sources of lifesteal are key to Ursa's success and his workings as a hero. Lifesteal allows him to take
- is used for picking off heroes or initiating fights as it gives Ursa the option to pounce on an enemy hero with Earthshock and rapidly kill them.
- protects Ursa against disables, so he can keep hitting the enemies at close range.
- 's stun is useful for locking down slippery carries. The bash also synergizes well with Overpower as it gives Ursa high attack speed for more chance to proc.
- mute, dispel, and movement speed slow so enemies will have trouble escaping Ursa. applies
- allows Ursa not only to use Enrage more often, but also to use it when he is disabled, very useful against repetitive stuns, though it cannot be cast during or when silenced.
- health item for slot-efficiency, providing Ursa with considerable tankiness as well as the ability to avoid retreating from a base siege for too long due to its % based regeneration, as Ursa does not need damage items, but rather needs to survive to hit the enemy more times. is the best
- is a great item against Disarm and Silence and other heroes possessing powerful single-target spells. It should be bought if cannot stop the enemy from locking you down.
- can be considered if the enemy team is focusing Ursa in fights to return the damage. It is usually bought with a , , or on Ursa ensure he has the HP to survive the fight and deal the Blade Mail damage.
- provides some easy-to-build HP and movement speed on Ursa, so if a Blink Dagger or Shadow Blade is not viable in the game, consider this item for some added mobility and tank. It can also be disassembled to create a and later in the game to provide evasion and debuff removal respectively.
- makes Ursa very mobile and allows him to defend his base or push enemy towers.
- health item and not being kited enough to need an item that provides lockdown. is a decent item for if your team is mostly based on physical damage. Consider buying it if you are tanky enough to not need a
- is a situational disable that transforms enemy into a harmless critter. Can be useful against heroes that can dispel the Abyssal Blade, and provides with great mana regeneration that Ursa might lack, also provides great stats.