- Bane's lowers Ursa's attack damage to mitigate him from bursting enemies.
- Bane can use and to lock down Ursa early game and in team fights forcing Ursa to buy a BKB and making him very kiteable once his BKB is down to 5 seconds.
- Bristleback's ability counters Ursa's massive instant damage if you don't attack from Bristleback's front.
- Although debuff can be removed with Enrage, it is a spammable ability and thus Bristleback can wait until Ursa's ultimate ends and can simply throw more Goos later kiting him with ease.
- Lion has two low cast point disables and to control Ursa before he buys a .
- is one of a few abilities that cannot be dispelled even with upgraded Enrage.
- Lion can control Ursa's low mana pool via .
- makes Fury Swipes useless in most cases and cannot be dispelled by Enrage.
- Because of his high movement speed from , Ursa is kited by Razor more easily than by most other carries.
- Riki can detect early Roshan attempts because of if he frequently checks the Pit.
- Ursa cannot Enrage when caught in and will miss his attacks(Black King Bar will help though).
- Even if Ursa gets vision over him, Riki can away or use after Ursa's initiation to avoid all Fury Swipes damage until Earthshock's slow is gone.
- Although Ursa can quickly wipe out charges from her , Templar Assassin usually places s inside the Roshan Pit, preventing Ursa from killing Roshan without getting noticed by the enemy team.
- breaks Fury Swipes making Viper a decent counter to Ursa in a laning stage.
- is strong undispellable slow making it much easier to kite Ursa for everyone.
- Ursa has no inherent way of disabling slippery Weaver and prevent him from ing or ing away, as the slow from Earthshock is useless against Shukuchi's haste effect.
- Ursa generally relies on the blink into Earthshock combo to slow people down to burst them, but Windranger can just use her and escape the whole Earthshock duration.
- Ursa struggles against illusion heroes like and .
- Ursa struggles against heroes with strong (especially undispellable) disables ( , , , and etc).
- Heroes who can provide constant vision inside the Roshan Pit can negate one of the strongest advantages of Ursa, which is the possibility of quickly killing Roshan at the early game, with minimum itemization needed ( , etc).
- hexes Ursa, which cannot be dispelled even by upgraded Enrage.
- applies undispellable disarm making Ursa useless. Also gives decent evasion.
- gives an enemy hero survivability against Ursa's high initial burst attack damage, allowing the use of other abilities/items to escape before the effect ends.
- Lifestealer can't fight Ursa in any stage of the game because of Ursa's high physical damage with Fury Swipes and Overpower.
- has long delay making her vulnerable for Ursa's burst.
- Enrage can protect Ursa against Lina's high magical burst.
- Timbersaw's Reactive Armor is based on tanking more hits which will not work against Fury Swipes.
- Huskar likes long duration fights making him vulnerable against Ursa physical damage.
- Medusa's tankiness doesn't help her very much against Fury Swipes in long teamfights.
- Enraged Ursa can survive even with .
- Ursa then easily kills axe because he usually has very low armor.
- Atrophy Aura won't do much againts Fury Swipes.
- With Overpower,Fury Swipes, and Enrage Ursa could kill underlord berfore underlord uses his Dark Rift.
- is unlikely to win a against Ursa.
- Heroes without escape mechanism: ,
Works well with...
- In the offensive side, Ursa needs lockdown and minus armor. And Britleback snot is a two-for-one spell for that.
- The same thing goes well too for Dazzle. He can slow and reduce enemies armor, and if things go wrong, he can save Ursa and heal him later.
- Io and Ursa can teleport through the map and Ursa can easily kill enemies with movement speed and attack speed bonus gained from Io.
- Disruptor can trap enemies, making it easy for Ursa to destroy them.
- Shadow Shaman has two disables (Hex and Shackles) that work considerably well with Ursa's abilities to ensure a quick kill.
- Lion has two disables (Earth Spike and Hex) that work considerably well with Ursa's abilities to ensure a quick kill.
- Bane's Nightmare can easily set Ursa for a good position to secure a quick kill, while Fiend's Grip can initially hold an enemy hero long enough for it to be demolished by Ursa.