- and deal percentage-based damage, ignoring Underlord's high health.
- greatly reduces Underlord damage, while benefits Razor himself, even when in Atrophy Aura's range.
- Underlord is a slow and low mobility hero, and cannot outrun Razor's high movement speed, easily for Razor to absorb his damage with to the maximum and burst him down from the bonus damages, combine with the armor reduction from
- gives allies bonus damage required to endure against Atrophy Aura early on.
- can be devastating for Underlord's team when they're grouped up for Dark Rift, it can also be used to intercept arrivals with Dark Rift. And Pit of Malice does not prevent Luna from using it.
- To make things even worse, upgraded can finish off Underlord or any of his teammates escape attempts with Dark Rift if timed correctly.
- will return Underlord or any of his teammates attempting to escape with Dark Rift if timed correctly.
- Underlord is a slow and low mobility hero, easy to set up and , preventing him from using his abilities as well as preventing him using Dark Rift to escape
- will return Underlord or his teammate if they escape with Dark Rift.
- does damage based on percentage health, and is useful against high health pool hero like Underlord
- can prevent Underlord from spamming his abilities and most important is prevent him from using Dark Rift to escape
- Sniper's very long range allows him to stay out of Firestorm and Pit of Malice as well as Atrophy Aura range.
- 's pure damage can do great damage to Underlord.
- can tear down Underlord's health by a large amount, since his mana pool is very low compare to OD's high mana pool.
- and can devastate Underlord's team when they're grouped up for Dark Rift.
- All of Underlord's abilities are useful for Rubick to .
- Shadow Fiend can still dish out heavy damage with and while caught in Pit of Malice.
- damage is not reduced by Atrophy Aura, essentially bypassing Underlord's only natural defense.
- can quickly dispel the root of Pit of Malice.
- In general, heroes that provide vision will see Dark Rift coming: , ,
- In general, heroes with spell immunity abilities won't be caught inside by Pit of Malice: , .
- will push enemies out of Firestorm, Pit of Malice, and Atrophy Aura's effective range. It can even push Underlord's teammates away from him before Dark Rift's teleport goes off.
- punishes Underlord for his low mana, and its active reduces his mobility further.
- catches Underlord's team when they gather for Dark Rift, and can be used to deal damage if caught in his Pit of Malice.
- 's barrier negates pretty much all of Underlord's magical damage.
- can be used to defend or counter push after Underlord uses Dark Rift.
- Atrophy Aura reduces Drow Ranger's damage significantly, as she relies on agility.
- Atrophy Aura makes it hard for Legion Commander to win s.
- Dark Rift can be used to save Underlord and his allies from a .
- Firestorm will destroy charges very quickly.
- Firestorm will hit Templar Assassin while ed.
- Templar Assassin has a hard time maneuvering around Pit of Malice.
- Firestorm is very useful for clearing multiple illusions swiftly.
- Pit of Malice will continuously disrupt many illusions, drastically reducing their damage and potency.
- Athropy Aura reduces damage of both Phantom Lancer and his illusions.
- In general, melee heroes without blink mechanisms or spell immunity will have a hard time positioning against Pit of Malice: , , , , , , , , , , .
Works well with...
- and , combined with Firestorm and Pit of Malice will lock down or zone out large areas of the map during a teamfight.
- with Atrophy Aura reduces enemy damage significantly.
- The splash attacks from Elder Dragon Form will hit multiple enemies stuck in Pit of Malice.
- combined with Atrophy Aura renders enemies quite helpless.
- Pit of Malice holds enemies in place for Leshrac to deal heavy damage with and .
- gives an extra layer of stealth after using Dark Rift.
- Pit of Malice locks down enemies for Riki to attack with .
- combined with Atrophy Aura will reduce enemy damage even further.
- Pit of Malice's long duration allows Rubick to pick up enemies and drop them inside with .
- Pit of Malice helps lock down enemies for Timbersaw to attack them with any ability.
- and combined with Atrophy Aura makes enemies weak in both defense and offense.
- Vengeful Spirit can enemies into Pit of Malice.
- In general, heroes that provide vision through a summoned unit helps Underlord target Dark Rift: , , , , .
- In general, heroes with area nukes work well with Underlord's Pit of Malice: , , , .
- In general, heroes with long stuns or roots will set Underlord up for a Pit of Malice into Firestorm combo: , , , , , , , .