- Due to Fervor and Battle Trance, Troll Warlord has a significant attack speed, which gives a higher chance to proc and tear off chunks of health from Troll Warlord due to his low HP.
- Even if the damage from diminishes over time, with Axe can turn Troll Warlord's farm against him. The bonus armor provided by means that Troll Warlord will suffer a lot more than Axe.
- still kills Troll Warlord buffed with Battle Trance if his HP is low enough.
- is very effective against high attack speed but low damage Troll Warlord.
- and are useful to control/disable Troll in team-fights.
- Troll Warlord is one the most powerful hero in 1v1 fights due to his high attack speed and bash but he lacks AoE damage which means he cannot fight illusion based heroes like Chaos Knight.
- can lock Troll up to 4 seconds and heavily amplifies physical damage from both Chaos Knight and his illusions.
- Finally increases Chaos Knight's physical damage output up to 5 times and can easily bring down troll warlord.
- can disarm and root Troll Warlords if he doesn't have or to dispel it.
- and significantly slows Troll Warlord down. Troll Warlord has no mobility skills, thus slowing down makes him vulnerable to gank and control in fight.
- The magical damage from can harm Troll Warlord severely. Troll doesn't obtain stun ability except passive bash in melee form, which requires walk close to Crystal Maiden in reduced speed.
- and significantly slows Troll Warlord down, also hurt Troll Warlord a lot.
- protects Lich and his allies from physical damage while hampering Troll Warlord's movement speed.
- Troll Warlord has no regen ability, so together with can harass him very often.
- disarms Troll rendering him useless in teamfight if he or his allies doesn't have dispel.
- and can burst Troll Warlord down quickly in early to mid game.
- can save an ally when being initiated on, delaying the effect of burst damage output during Battle Trance and giving Oracle's ally time to react.
- Outworld Devourer's pure damage from means that it whittles down Troll Warlord's small health pool very quickly.
- effectively removes Troll Warlord from a fight for four seconds, minimizing his contribution to a teamfight.
- Troll Warlord's low intelligence means that is especially effective, instantly killing him.
- can drain your damage output hard, making you useless in teamfight or unable to last hit in lane.
- allows Razor to chase after Troll Warlord when deals damage.
- and slows Troll Warlord down, a lot.
- together with certain items such as allows Sniper to sit and fire at safety distance, if not being initiated on.
- kites Troll Warlord very often.
- and deals lots of damage to a hero that stays in the frontline, namely Troll Warlord.
- makes Timbersaw extremely resilient to Troll's attack damage and extreme attack speed. Consider building if this becomes a problem.
- decreases Troll Warlord damage a lot before he builds up damage items.
- locks Troll Warlord down, forbidding Troll's ability to chase and escape while dealing constant damage.
- can protect Troll's target.
- can turn Troll's fire against his ally, which often causes the ally's death due to Troll's immense physical damage.
- : Before he can realize it, Troll Warlord will tear off a chunk of his health if an enemy activates I|Blade Mail.
- will break Troll Warlord mitigating most of the threat from him (including bash) for a long duration.
- will completely disarm Troll Warlord and turn him harmless while his enemies.
- can be useful both offensively and defensively - disabling and preventing him from escape or just wasting Battle Trance duration.
- Whirling Axes (Melee) provides a 60% miss chance, thus Anti-Mage's attack has little chance to land if not dispelled.
- Still, beware that Anti-Mage can farm much faster than Troll Warlord after getting . Anti-Mage is capable of killing Troll Warlord with and .
- Berserker's Rage together with Troll Warlord's high attack speed gives him a high chance of passive root, which allows Troll Warlord to man-fight Huskar in any stage of the game, even when Huskar gets .
- Whirling Axes (Melee) provides a 60% miss chance, thus Huskar's attack has little chance to land if not dispelled.
- Berserker's Rage allows Troll Warlord to bash through potentially stopping a spin teleport combo.
- Troll Warlord's ability to attack as a ranged hero allows him to destroy Juggernaut's Healing Ward from afar.
- Berserker's Rage together with Troll Warlord's high attack speed gives Troll a high chance of passive root, which allows Troll Warlord to man-fight Lifestealer.
- The passive armor provided by Berserker's Rage makes Troll resilient to in early game. The miss chance given by Whirling Axes (Melee)is useful when is not activated.
- Troll warlord can build a or to completely ignore .
- Whirling Axes (Melee) provides a 60% miss chance which makes landing very hard.
- Due to Fervor and Battle Trance Troll Warlord is one of the best heroes to deal with .
- Berserker's Rage together with Troll Warlord's high attack speed gives Troll a high chance of passive root, which allows Troll Warlord to man-fight Sven even with .
- Whirling Axes (Melee) provides a 60% miss chance, and the passive armor provided by Berserker's Rage makes Troll resilient to physical damage in early game. Thus Sven's won't hurt that much.
- Beware that Sven can farm much faster than Troll Warlord by pulling ancients and clear them with .
- Due to Fervor and Battle Trance, Troll Warlord has a significant attack speed, enabling him and his allies to crush very fast.
- Undying usually stays at the front line with no stun or control, thus he is an easy target for Troll Warlord to take out.
Works well with...
- It is relatively simple to coordinate Battle Trance with her .
- Slardar will considerably improve your damage on a target with .
- Any pushers.
- Any armor reduction.
- Any extra stun or root can allow Troll to keep hitting a target, building up Fervor stacks and eventually bashing him.