Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
- Troll Warlord has significant attack speed due to Fervor and Battle Trance, giving Axe a higher chance to proc and seriously injure Troll Warlord due to his relatively low maximum health.
- Axe often purchases , which can help Axe turn Troll Warlord's farm and high physical damage against him. The bonus armor provided by means that Troll Warlord will take a lot more damage than Axe.
- is still capable of killing Troll Warlord during Battle Trance if his HP is low enough.
- is very effective against Troll Warlord's high attack speed.
- and help to control/disable Troll Warlord in team-fights.
- Chaos Knight's tanky illusions easily take advantage of Troll Warlord's lack of AoE damage.
- can stun Troll for up to 4 seconds and prevents Troll Warlord from chasing down foes.
- increases Chaos Knight's physical damage output up to 4 times and can easily kill Troll Warlord before he has a chance to use Battle Trance or a .
- can disarm and root Troll Warlord if he doesn't have a or a to dispel it.
- and both significantly slow Troll Warlord, making him much more vulnerable to ganks or stuns.
- The magical damage from does a large amount of AoE damage, and Troll Warlord is not capable of cancelling Crystal Maiden's channel.
- and can kite Troll Warlord effectively.
- can single-handedly waste most of the duration of Battle Trance, due to the extreme resistance to physical damage Frost Shield provides. In addition, Troll Warlord is incapable of switching targets during Battle Trance, so he cannot pick an easier target.
- Troll Warlord has little to no ability to regenerate HP, so together with can harass him effectively.
- can disarm Troll rendering him useless in a teamfight, especially if he has already used Battle Trance.
- and can provide ample magic damage to help burst down Troll Warlord quickly in the early to mid game.
- can save an ally from Troll Warlord's initiation, forcing him to switch targets and lose his Fervor stacks, or waste time during Battle Trance.
- Outworld Devourer's pure damage from is very effective at killing Troll Warlord quickly.
- removes Troll Warlord from a fight for four seconds, minimizing his contribution to a teamfight, and potentially wasting over half of Battle Trance's duration.
- Troll Warlord gains a measly 1 intelligence point per level, meaning is especially effective, often instantly killing him.
- can drain most or all of Troll Warlord's damage, making him useless in a teamfight or unable to last hit in lane. This is especially effective during Battle Trance, because Troll has no option to cancel the link.
- allows Razor to chase after or run away from Troll Warlord, while doing damage with and .
- and allows Sniper to kite Troll Warlord effectively.
- together with certain items such as allow Sniper to sit and fire at Troll Warlord from a safe distance.
- can kite Troll Warlord extremely effectively.
- and deals lots of damage to Troll Warlord.
- makes Timbersaw extremely resilient to Troll's attack damage and extreme attack speed, especially during Battle Trance.
- decreases Troll Warlord damage, especially before he builds damage items.
- helps lock down Troll Warlord.
- Battle Trance disallows Troll from running out of both and .
- can protect Troll Warlord's target, especially during Battle Trance.
- can turn Troll Warlord's high physical damage and attack speed against his allies.
- is especially effective against Troll Warlord, due to Troll Warlord's high physical damage and low health pool.
- can break Troll Warlord's Fervor and passive root, mitigating most of Troll Warlord's threat.
- disarms Troll Warlord, negating all of his attack damage and root. Heaven's Halberd is especially effective if Troll Warlord is in ranged form, due to the increased duration of the disarm.
- can be useful both offensively and defensively - disabling and preventing him from either killing or running away.
- Whirling Axes (Melee) provides a 60% miss chance, helping prevent Anti-Mage from burning Troll Warlord's small mana pool, as well as dealing damage.
Troll Warlord's passive root allows him to very effectively fight an Anti-Mage by disallowing Anti-Mage to blink away. This is even more effective when combined with aor .
- Whirling Axes (Melee) provides a 60% miss chance, thus Huskar's attack has little chance to land if not dispelled.
- Troll Warlord's Fervor ramps up in a very similar way as Huskar's : as soon as Huskar has high regen, Troll Warlord as a high enough attack speed to negate it.
- Troll Warlord's ability to attack as a ranged hero allows him to destroy Juggernaut's Healing Ward from afar.
- Battle Trance, when activated during , allows Troll Warlord to survive the full duration of Omnislash and retaliate once it is over.
- The passive armor provided by Berserker's Rage makes Troll resilient to in early game.
- The miss chance given by Whirling Axes (Melee)is useful when is not active.
- Battle Trance can purge , negating a large amount of Lifestealer's sustain in fights.
- Troll warlord can build a or to completely ignore .
- Whirling Axes (Melee) provides a 60% miss chance, making landing a critical strike very hard.
- Due to Fervor and Battle Trance Troll Warlord is one of the best heroes to deal with .
- Berserker's Rage together with Troll Warlord's high attack speed gives Troll a high chance of passive root, which allows Troll Warlord to man-fight Sven.
- Whirling Axes (Melee) provides a 60% miss chance, and the passive armor provided by Berserker's Rage makes Troll resilient to physical damage in early game. Thus Sven's is much less effective.
- Beware that Sven can farm much faster than Troll Warlord by stacking ancients and clearing them with .
- Due to Fervor and Battle Trance, Troll Warlord has a significant attack speed, enabling him to crush very fast.
- Undying usually stays at the front line with no stun or control, making him an easy target for Troll Warlord.
Works well with...
- enables Troll Warlord to hit harder than usual.
- Any pushers.
- Any armor reduction.
- Any heroes with stuns or lockdown allows Troll Warlord to keep hitting a single target, building up Fervor stacks and eventually rooting him.