Treasures are purchasable boxes that contain cosmetic items. They are obtained through the Dota 2 Store, charms, or the item drop system. Each treasure can be opened once to receive one or more random items from its listed contents.
- Each treasure comes with a drop list, categorized into rarity tiers.
- Items in higher rarity tiers are unboxed less frequently.
- An item's innate rarity does not affect drop chances.
- Unusual quality couriers can be unboxed from some treasures at approximately 1-2% chance.
- Chinese servers disclose an official drop rate of 6% for Rare items, and 2% for Very Rare items. These percentages may not apply to all treasures, or on non-Chinese servers.
- Newer treasures come with escalating drop chances for rarer items, meaning that the odds of obtaining them increase with the number of treasures opened. These odds can be seen in the treasury panel in-game.
Duplicates and Recycling
- Opening multiple copies of the same treasure guarantees a different item is unboxed every time.
- Previously received items will not be unboxed again unless all items have been unboxed.
- This rule does not apply to Rare, Very Rare or Extremely Rare drops.
- After all standard items have been received, future treasure openings will yield random items from the droplist.
- Dota Plus subscribers can recycle treasure rewards into treasure fragments. Six fragments from the same treasure can be transformed into an extra copy of that treasure, plus 2,000 Dota Plus shards.
- Items unboxed from treasures cannot be traded or marketed for 1 week
- However, restricted items can be gifted once to a friend.
- This restriction does not apply to Extremely Rare drops.