|Places:||Vale of Augury|
|Gods:||Spirit of Nature|
Rooftrellen is the only member of the Treant Protectors known by name. Like the others of his race, he is long lived, and time appears to pass quickly for him. Being the only Protector to ever leave their homeland, Rooftrellen is confounded by gold and items, objects he has never before seen. Like other Protectors, Rooftrellen fears heroes who wield axes and fire.
On his forehead, Rooftrellen wears a special runestone. What this signifies is unknown. Whether or not the Treant Protectors are related to treants is also unknown. Rooftrellen can summon the Spirit of Nature to release its power, causing an of vines and roots. It is unknown whether this ability is unique to him, or available to all Protectors. If Rooftrellen were to fall in battle, a seedling will sprout from his body, grow into a second Protector, and continue his mission.'s
It is likely that the city of Augury Bay was scouted out by Rooftrellen, because it was soon attacked by an army of "walking trees". Given geographical closeness and Rizzrack's account of the attack, these trees strongly resemble the Treant Protectors. For this reason, Rooftrellen has a natural rivalry with Timbersaw.
Friendships and rivalries
Allies meeting Treant Protector
- Play Don't worry, Treant, Axe does not come to chop you.
- Play Come on, big fella.
- Play Twigs and stones will break their bones.
- Play Walk with me, Treant, and we'll teach these fools to fear.
- Play Beware of forest fires, Treant.
- Play Ain't you a tall tree!
- Play Play The trees respect you, Treant, but they love me.
- Play Play Yes, yes, Treant. I remember. No climbing.
- Play Were you a bud of the Undertree? We could be no better companions.
- Play There's…a giant…tree-person…right next to me. Stay calm. Ha ha ha ha. Just stay calm.
- Play There's…a giant…tree-person…next to me. Ha ha. Stay calm. Hi there. Stay calm!
Enemies killing Treant Protector
- Play You will be kindling for the rest of your kind.
- Play The Treant brought much wood for Axe to chop.
- Play More things for Axe to chop!
- Play That was all sap and no brain.
- Play I was hiding in your shadow the whole time.
- Play Was the soil too rocky to hold your roots?
- Play You'll find no safe soil here.
- Play Your roots will find no purchase in this earth.
- Play I have reduced you to pulp.
- Play I remember when you were but a sapling.
- Play Have a little fire, Treant.
- Play A forest fire begins.
- Play Play Never trust a tree.
- Play And that's how you start a forest fire.
- Play Play The trees will be just fine without you.
- Play Play I always wanted to take up woodcarving.
- Play Treant, I cut you down.
- Play Treant, logging season is open.
- Play Treant, you log.
- Play Just let me carve in my initials.
- Play And so your wood rots.
- Play The biggest tree in the forest must bow to the smallest storm.
- Play Oh, a windfall!
- Play I got you. I got you! I chopped you down.
- Play Ha! You're sawdust!
- Play Oh you gave me a splinter!
- Play If you fall in the woods, and I laugh, will anyone hear me?
- Play Trees do have a way of dying around me!
- Play Your life is trunk-cated, heh hah he hah.
- Play No matter how quickly you move, enmeshed you may become in the overgrowth.
- Play Play Defend your beard!
- Treant Protector response: Play Shiny rocks?
- Treant Protector response: Play Mmm. What sort of prize is this?
- Treant Protector response: Play Axe! I will fear you no more.
- Treant Protector response: Play Keep your hot little hands away from me, Lina.
- Overgrowth description.
- Eldritch Gnarl description.
- Timbersaw biography.
- Dark Willow response: Play I admire what you did in Roseleaf. I mean it was stupid, but admirable.
- Dark Willow response: Play Leaving Roseleaf was a mistake.
- Stuntwood Sanctuary description.