Rooftrellen, the Treant Protector, is a melee strength hero who excels in supporting and strengthening his allies with his beneficial set of spells, which use the power of nature. He is a natural tank, offensively and defensively, having both the highest natural attack damage and the third highest overall strength in the game. Manipulating the power of the plants to his will, he can grant invisibility and stealth to himself with Nature's Guise and move quickier, being a good ganking skill and rather efficient for scouting, provided that he remains within close proximity to a tree. He can use Leech Seed to sap the life from a target, slowing and dealing moderate damage over time to it while nearby allies are replenished by the same amount. His signature Living Armor makes him truly live up his title, as he is able to provide allies and even friendly buildings with increased health regeneration and a massive damage block from anywhere on the map. Finally, his ultimate Overgrowth roots nearby enemies with vines, branches, and roots; though it does not deal any damage, it immobilizes them and renders them unable to attack for several crucial seconds. Although Rooftrellen is not able to dish out much damage outside of his regular attacks, he is able to provide an enormous amount of defensive utility and survivability to himself and his teammates, thereby planting the seeds for a decisive victory
- Nature's Grasp's effects are not instantly applied within its whole area. There is is a travel time.
- The vine path consists of 8 thickets, which are placed in a straight line in front of Treant Protector.
- The thickets are placed with 175 distance from each other, with the first one starting 100 range in front of Treant Protector, resulting in a total length of 1500.
- The brambles spawn in 0.1 second intervals, with the first one spawning right upon cast, resulting in a formation time of 0.8 seconds.
- Together with the effect radius, the path can hit units up to 1635 range away.
- A thicket's duration starts after the thicket was created. This means the last thicket disappears 12.8 seconds after cast.
- When there is a tree within the radius of any thicket, all thickets deal increased damage.
- Checks for trees once upon creation of the path. Trees created or destroyed after creation are ignored.
- The slow and damage are provided by an aura, which is applied by each thicket in the path.
- There are 2 different modifiers, "Natures Grasp Damage" is used by regular thickets, and "Natures Grasp Damage Bonus" is used by thickets boosted by trees.
- These 2 modifiers stack with each other, but do not stack with multiple of themselves.
- Deals 7.5/10/12.5/15 (3.75/5/6.25/7.5 against creeps) damage in 0.25 second intervals, starting 0.25 seconds after the debuff is placed.
- When buffed by a tree, deals 11.25/15/18.75/22.5 (5.63/7.5/9.38/11.25 against creeps) damage in 0.25 second intervals
- With the level 15 talent, deals 13.5/16/18.5/21 (6.75/8/9.25/10.5 against creeps) damage in 0.25 second intervals, starting 0.25 seconds after the debuff is placed.
- When buffed by a tree, deals 20.25/24/27.75/31.5 (10.13/12/13.88/15.75 against creeps) damage in 0.25 second intervals
- Can deal up to 375/500/625/750 (187.5/250/312.5/375 to creeps) damage to a single unit (before reductions).
- When buffed by a tree, can deal up to 562.5/750/937.5/1125 (281.25/375/468.75/562.5 to creeps) damage to a single unit (before reductions).
- Deals damage and sends healing projectiles in 400-second intervals, starting 400 seconds after cast, resulting in 5 pulses.
- Can deal up to 80/160/240/320 ( 280/360/440/520) damage (before reductions) and heal a single unit for the same amount.
- The heal is independent from the damage and always heals for the same amount, regardless of how much damage the target takes.
- Healing projectiles travel at a speed of 450.
- The debuff persists through death, so even when the target dies, it continues pulsing.
- If the target turns invisible, the pulses continue coming from its current actual position, making it possible to track it.
- When targeting the ground, the closest unit to the target point is targeted instead.
- Can be cast on buildings, providing all its effects to them.
- Heals 5/8.33/11.67/15 ( 9/12.33/15.67/19) health in 1 second intervals, starting 1 second after the buff is placed, resulting in 12 instances.
- This is an innate ability and does not need to be learned.
- Treant Protector does not have this ability in Ability Draft, nor is it bound to any of his abilities.
- This ability gets only disabled when taking damage while not already affected by it.
- This means when within range of a tree already, taking damage does not disable any of the bonuses.
- When disabled, the ability goes on cooldown, indicating that it is disabled.
- This is a regular cooldown and is fully affected by everything that interacts with cooldowns normally.
- Reacts on any damage greater than from any player (including allies and self) or .
- Applies heal amplification and health regen amplification, but not lifesteal amplification or spell lifesteal amplification.
- When the level 10 talent is chosen, Treant Protector also gains invisibility when within range of a tree.
- Unlike the other bonuses, the invisibility has a grace time of 0.75 seconds.
- This means the invisibility is not lost instantly upon getting out of range of a tree, and may be not lost at all when coming within range of a tree again.
- Casting spells or using items does not break the invisibility.
- Performing an attack breaks the invsibility, regardless of whether the attack actually landed or not.
- When still within tree radius while attacking, the invisibility gets re-applied 0.75 seconds later.
- Roots and disarms the targets, preventing them from moving, attacking and casting certain mobility spells.
- Provides True Sight over the targets, but does not affect already invisible targets.
- Deals damage in 1-second intervals, starting 1 second after cast, resulting in 3/4/5 instances.
- Can deal up to 225/300/375 ( 525/700/875) damage (before reductions).
- When upgraded, also affects enemies which are within range of a tree enchanted by .
to be unlocked.
- In Ability Draft, Eyes In The Forest can be unlocked by the player that drafted .
- There is no limit on how many enchanted trees can be up at one time.
- The Enchantment of a tree has no expire time; it lasts until the tree gets destroyed.
- If the enemy has True Sight over the enchanted tree, they are able to see the visual effects on both the affected tree and the 800 radius around it.
- The sound effect upon cast is audible to allies only.
- Upon dropping, selling or destroying Aghanim's Scepter, the enchanted trees still provide vision, and are not removed.
- However, Overgrowth does not root enemies around enchanted trees, and does not deal damage.
- The tree respawn aspect sets the respawn time of all trees on the map to 10 seconds. This does not include trees created by abilities and items.
- If Aghanim's Scepter is acquired while there already are destroyed trees, they respawn immediately.
|450 AoE||25||100 DPS|
|+40Damage/Heal||20||12% Cooldown Reduction|
- Reworked Lua error in Module:Ability_ID at line 44: Could not find Cargo data for "Leech Seed (7.23-7.27a)".
- Old Lua error in Module:Ability_ID at line 44: Could not find Cargo data for "Leech Seed (7.23-7.27a)".:
- Treant Protector saps life from a random nearby enemy unit, prioritizng heroes. Drains health and slows their movement speed.
- Cast time: 0.4
- Radius: 700
- Pulse interval: 0.5
- Health drain per second: 15/30/45/60
- Movement speed slow: 18%/24%/30%/36%
- Slow duration: 0.5
- Duration: 5
- Mana cost: 110
- Cooldown: 22/19/16/13
- Notes: Targets are chosen randomly, with heroes being prioritized. Pulses in 0.5 second intervals. The heal uses projectiles that travel at a speed of 550.
- New :
- Treant plants a life-sapping seed in an enemy unit, draining its health, while simultaneously slowing it. The seed heals friendly units around it.
- Cast range: 400
- Cast time: 0.4
- Heal radius: 650
- Pulse inteval: 1
- Damage/Heal per pulse: 16/32/48/64
- Movement speed slow: 8%/14%/20%/26%
- Duration: 5
- mana cost: 110/120/130/140
- cooldown: 18/16/14/12
- Notes: Pulses a total of 5 times. The heal uses projectiles that travel at a speed of 450.
- now has 3 charges with a 40-seconds replenish time, rather than a 35-second cooldown.
- Level 10 right talent: +40 attack damage increased to +60.
- Level 20 left talent: +30 Lua error in Module:Ability_ID at line 44: Could not find Cargo data for "Leech Seed (7.23-7.27a)". damage/heal increased to +40.
- Level 25 right talent: +80 damage per second increased to +100.
- Level 10 right talent: +50 attack damage reduced to +40.
- Level 15 left talent: +30 damage per second reduced to +24.
- Level 15 right talent: +60 max heal reduced to +48.
- Level 20 left talent: +40 Lua error in Module:Ability_ID at line 44: Could not find Cargo data for "Leech Seed (7.23-7.27a)". damage/heal reduced to +30.
- Level 20 right talent: 15% cooldown reduction reduced to 12%.
- Level 25 left talent: 550 AoE reduced to 450.
- Level 25 right talent: +100 damage per second reduced to +80.
- heals a little at a time in the laning stage.
- restores large amount of health.
- sustains mana for using early Leech Seed to harass enemies.
- applies a slow to keep enemies in range of your powerful physical attacks in the early game.
- ferries items to teammates.
- grants map vision.
- give movement speed boost.
- helps with mana and health restoration.
- provides mana regeneration and magical damage absorption, as well as building Urn of Shadows.
- grants movement speed bonus for cheap.
- restores mana to Treant Protector and allies.
- provides some attributes, as well as restoring health and mana in bursts.
- gives miscellaneous bonuses and charges to heal or hurt heroes.
- sustains mana, as well as granting or removing armor of units.
- , an upgrade of Arcane Boots and Mekansm, restores health and mana in an area; it also carries an aura of health regeneration and armor that works better on heroes at low HP.
- grants vision over the map and allows Treant Protector to deal some damage in the late game with a semi-global Overgrowth.
- gives regeneration and armor, as well as Echo Shell on friendly heroes to dispel and reflect single targeted spells.
- provides health regeneration and movement speed to roam the map. Consider it when teammates do not need extra mana from Arcane Boots.
- solves Treant Protector's mana problems in the early to mid game so he can use Leech Seed more frequently to gank and Living Armor to heal. Consider this item with Tranquil Boots to offset its health cost.
- provides cheap attribute bonuses, and movement speed for allies and Treant Protector, which stacks with Nature's Grasp.
- allows for more powerful initiaions with Overgrowth, as well as letting Treant Protector dart around the forest while remaining invisible through Nature's Grasp.
- gives Treant Protector strength, intelligence, regeneration, and area stun. Overgrowth's root will help him use this item reliably as an initiation tool.
- provides Treant Protector and his team with a useful aura, most notably the attack damage bonus that scales well in the late game.
- provides team with protection against magical damage.
- status resistance, and evasion to increase durability. disarms an enemy hero, while providing strength,
- provides protection against physical damage with armor and slow aura that also helps in teamfights.
- lowers cooldowns of items and abilities, especially the upgraded Overgrowth to increase farm and apply constant pressure on all lanes.
- allows Treant Protector to use Overgrowth twice in quick succession.
- applies excellent area damage during fights, even while invisible.
|Roles:||Support Initiator Durable Disabler Escape|
|Playstyle:||From beyond the Vale of Augury comes Rooftrellen, a lone explorer sent forth by his ancient race to survey the wider world. Barely distinguishable from his arboreal brethren, the Treant Protector summons a wall of vines with Nature's Grasp, draining foes with Leech Seed while protecting allies with Living Armor. Given possession of one mystical scepter, Rooftrellen enchants trees to serve as his Eyes in the Forest. Unsuspecting foes may find themselves in an Overgrowth of vines and roots, fully immobilized for that which awaits them.|
- Treant Protector has "Riki was here" carved into his side (near the left-handed runes on his belt).
- Treant Protector's appearance, name, and voice are based heavily on Treebeard, the eldest of the Ent race, who appears in the Lord of the Rings books and movies.
- Treant Protector's response ▶️ "They say my bark is worse than my bite. I wonder what that means." is a reference to the speaking tree "Grandmother Willow" from Pocahontas.
- Treant Protector's response "You were nasty, brutal, and most of all short", in reply to killing Pugna, is a reference to the 1651 book, Leviathan by Thomas Hobbes