Tome of Knowledge
From Dota 2 Wiki
| Tome of Knowledge|
|That which raises beast to man and man to god.|
- Becomes available for purchase at the 10 minute mark.
- Tome of Knowledge is limited to a stock of 3 in the store. It takes 10 minutes for 1 tome to replenish in the stock.
- Stacks with itself in the inventory, there is no stack limit. The sell value adapts based on the number of instances in a stack.
- Tomes of Knowledge are fully sharable.
- Interrupts the user's channeling spells on cast.
- The first Tome used by a team only grants the base experience. Each following Tome used by the team grants 135 more than the previous Tome.
- There is no stack limit to this, so the effect keeps on getting stronger with each Tome of Knowledge.
- Grants the experience instantly.
- Cannot be used by couriers. and
- Can be used even when already at max level, wasting the item.
- As it is cheap and grants a fair amount of experience in exchange for those coins, it is advisable to buy it whenever available.
- The higher the level of the hero is, the more experience is required to level up. So it can be better to use it on a low level teammate as they get higher use (more stats and skill points) out of it or for reaching crucial levels fast.
- Ideally, a team could choose to have their carries use this item to speed up their growth. On the other hand, the supports could be chosen who may need just a little boost to keep up with the rest of team as they purchase wards and other support items.
- Use the Tome of Knowledge to achieve crucial levels, such as level 6/12/18 to unlock important ultimate abilities or 10/15/20/25 to unlock talents for the next teamfight.