From Dota 2 Wiki
- Tinker is fragile and vulnerable against carries like Anti-Mage also, burns away his mana pool and deals bonus physical damage.
- Tinker's massive mana pool makes deal a large amount of damage, and can be used to cancel a teleport even through magic immunity.
- Anti-Mage's gives him many options, like disjointing Heat Seeking Missiles or leaving March of Machines' area of effect. He can use Blink to wait out of sight for a split pushing Tinker or chase a blinking Tinker into trees.
- Clockwerk can easily catch a split pushing Tinker with his and prevent him from escaping with and .
- He can find a Tinker hiding in trees with his .
- Clockwerk usually buys a which does lots of damage to Tinker if you get hit by his abilities (especially March of the Machines).
- good sustain against rocket spam during push or defense.
- keeps ally alive that Tinker tries to burst down.
- Tinker is heavily reliant on casting his spells and can disable all of his four active abilities and all of his items. Especially with Scepter, Tinker has to countdown his death and revive time.
- can dispel Laser's blind while providing great attack speed and health regeneration.
- Once caught in a Tinker, who completely relies on his spells to be effective, stands little chance of survival with his low health pool and armor.
- will dispel Laser's blind and turns him magic immune for the duration so Tinker cannot damage him.
- will quickly bring down Tinker due to being so fragile.
- Luna can easily prevent Tinker from escaping with or Rearm with .
- Luna can also quickly tear Tinker to shreds with as soon as he jumps in with .
- Night Stalker can easily find Tinker in the trees during .
- Rearm and while also preventing Tinker from fighting back. 's mini-stun and silence will stop
- His whole skillset acts like a counter to Tinker:
- prevents Tinker from blinding Nyx Assassin or fighting back, while giving Nyx' allies time to catch up to Tinker's position.
- generally deals more damage to intelligence based heroes like Tinker
- can stun Tinker at a moment of Nyx Assassin's choosing if March of the Machines has been cast. It is also quite easy to time Spiked Carapace against Heat Seeking Missiles.
- allows approaching Tinker in the trees or waiting for him in common hiding spots and dealing heavy damage to his low armor
- He can a Tinker hiding in the trees and follow it up with and for an easy solo kill, as Tinker doesn't tend to buy survivability items.
- His innate magic resistance and huge HP pool from makes it hard for Tinker to deal serious damage to Pudge.
- will force Tinker not to cast any spells and if not, he will take more damage.
- deals pure damage and makes quick work of fragile Tinker.
- causes Tinker to get silenced for 6 seconds after casting a spell.
- will prevent Tinker to use his spells in team fights, which makes him useless.
- Slark's prevents Tinker from blinking away.
- Slark frequently builds , which allows him to approach Tinker unnoticed. Since Tinker's farming usually covers a significant amount of area on the map, Sentry Wards may not be cost effective.
- Slark's allows him to detect both common and unusual wards. Eliminating common ward causes Tinker trouble farming many lanes if he does not know who may be waiting to jump on him. Slark is also uniquely able to identify some of the less common wards used by Tinker, such as those placed on the cliffs at map edges which Tinker uses to give him vision over the trees he uses to hide in.
- Slark's extremely high move speed from , potentially stacked with , allows him to easily follow Tinker between lanes, especially if Tinker has pushed the lanes out.
- He can easily catch Tinker in the trees with and kill him with and his abilities, which deal both physical and magical damage, making them difficult for Tinker to itemize against.
- Faceless Void's make Tinker unable to act and easy to be targeted first.
- Illusion heroes, such as , , , will become strong against Tinker in the late game when Tinker's only area of effect damage, March Of The Machines, ceases to kill illusions quickly. Without Tinker is forced to defensively disarm heroes with Laser, leaving illusions free to deal physical damage which Tinker's low armor makes highly effective. Also the most powerful items for dealing area of effect damage do not work well on Tinker: ( or , for example).
- can reflect a lot of damage back to Tinker, especially while using March of the Machines
- prevents Tinker from using Laser and his targeted items.
- makes all of Tinker's spells and items useless, because they are all magical and don't penetrate spell immunity.
- reflects his spells and items back onto himself.
- makes Tinker useless for the time he's muted since Tinker cannot do much without his items.
- Laser can be very effective against as the damage will be amplified while blind prevents from heal.
- Tinker is a natural Boots of Travel carrier and Rearm guarantees him escape from Rupture.
- With , Tinker's Laser completely stops Chaos Knight's damage, forcing him to buy either a Black King Bar for his own survivability while leaving his illusions still vulnerable, or a Monkey King Bar leaving him still vulnerable to Tinker's nukes, though improving his damage.
- Tinker rarely finds himself in the middle of a fight, which is where Chaos Knight typically thrives, and even in the rare cases of being so, at level 3 Tinker's constant rearm and blink away can kite and dodge Chaos Knight's spells reliably, so Chaos Knight has very little catch against Tinker's mobility. This gives Tinker impunity to create more chaos in a teamfight than CK can control, laying down the field with March of the Machines and constantly being hit by rockets and lasers.
- If Tinker can stay outside of Laser can make Faceless Void to miss all his attacks.
- Faceless Void has low health and strongly relies on 's healing factor to remain alive. Getting caught by Tinker with will almost always spell a quick end for Void.
- Rearm ignores completely.
- During the laning stage Laser will reduce Shadow Fiend's last hits preventing from getting souls.
- Shadow Fiend has low health and is vulnerable to Tinker's high magic burst.
- Tinker can single-handedly stop Terrorblade's early-push and quickly clear his illusions with Laser (especially with ) and March of Machines.
- Tinker has perfect tools to reveal Terrorblade from his illusions as well as to burst him down if he is low-health before he will be able .
- All Tinker's damage is magic/pure and completely ignores Timbersaw's .
- Timbersaw very rarely builds making him very vulnerable if Tinker builds .
- Any hero with a low HP pool is easy for Tinker to nuke down: , , , , , , , , .
Works well with...Faceless Void
- Faceless Void's provides a great setup for Tinkers spells.
- allows Tinker to teleport out of base and get recalled as soon as he's in danger.
- Nature can use his to jump around with tinker. Imagine the push.
- Tinker can teleport onto Spirit Breaker during with and gank heroes. Also with little communication, spirit breaker can show enemies who are trying to escape, using charge on them, making them easy target for missiles
- can help Tinker finish off foes after his , Heat-Seeking Missile, Laser, Rearm combo by providing vision when enemies are at low health.
- significantly increases Tinker's already massive damage output.
- can help Tinker stay in pushes without teleportation back to fountain.
- can bring Tinker back to the fight without needing a creep wave or tower nearby, reducing the need of improving his boots of travel.
- spam along with March of the Machines makes their high ground impossible to penetrate without committing magic immunity items/spells.
- His track synergies well with missiles
- Slardar's gives a significant benefit of sight to Tinker.