From Dota 2 Wiki
- Tinker is fragile and vulnerable against carries like Anti-Mage also, Mana Break burns away his mana pool and deals bonus physical damage.
- Tinker's massive mana pool makes Mana Void deal a large amount of damage.
- Clockwerk can easily catch a split pushing Tinker with his Hookshot and prevent him from escaping with Power Cogs and Battery Assault.
- He can find Tinker with his Rocket Flare.
- Clockwerk usually buys a Blade Mail which does lots of damage to Tinker if you get hit by his abilities (especially March of the Machines).
- Tinker is heavily reliant on casting his spells and Doom can disable all of his four active abilities and all of his items. Especially with Scepter, Tinker has to countdown his death and revive time.
- Press the Attack can dispel Laser's blind while providing great attack speed and health regeneration.
- Once caught in a Duel, Tinker who completely relies on his spells to be effective stands little chance of survival with his low health pool and armor.
- Rage will dispel Laser's blind and turns him magic immune for the duration so Tinker cannot damage him.
- Feast will quickly bring down Tinker due to being so fragile.
- Luna can easily prevent Tinker from escaping with Boots of Travel or Rearm with Lucent Beam.
- Luna can also quickly tear Tinker to shreds with Eclipse as soon as he jumps in with Blink Dagger.
- Night Stalker can easily find Tinker in the trees during Darkness.
- Void's mini-stun and silence will stop Rearm and Boots of Travel while also preventing Tinker from fighting back.
- His whole skillset act like a counter to Tinker:
- Impale prevents Tinker from blinding Nyx Assassin or fighting back, while giving Nyx' allies time to catch up to Tinker's position.
- Mana Burn generally deals more damage to intelligence based heroes like Tinker
- Spiked Carapace can stun Tinker from a distance because of March of the Machines
- Vendetta allows approaching Tinker in the trees or waiting for him in common hiding spots and dealing heavy damage to his low armor
- He can Meat Hook a Tinker hiding in the trees and follow it up with Dismember and Rot for an easy solo kill, as Tinker doesn't tend to buy survivability items.
- His innate magic resistance and huge HP pool from Flesh Heap makes it hard for Tinker to deal serious damage to Pudge.
- Arcane Curse will force Tinker not to cast any spells and if not, he will take more damage.
- Glaives of Wisdom deals pure damage and makes quick work of fragile Tinker.
- Last Word causes Tinker to get silenced for 6 seconds after casting a spell.
- Global Silence will prevent Tinker to use his spells in team fights, which makes him useless.
- Slark's Pounce shutdown Tinker's escape every way except in the case that he has invisible item like Glimmer Cape or Shadow Blade base item.
- Mostly Slark build bash item or slow item so he can kill Tinker with little injury.
- Eye of Skadi, Vanguard, Skull Basher, Heart of Tarrasque, Black King Bar make him tanky enough for kill Tinker alone.
- He can easily catch Tinker in the trees with Ball Lightning and kill him with Orchid Malevolence and his abilities, all of which deal much damage to Tinker.
- Faceless Void's Chronosphere make Tinker unable to act and easy to be targeted first.
- Illusion heroes, such as Shadow Demon, Naga Siren, Phantom Lancer, Chaos Knight, Terrorblade
- Blade Mail can reflect a lot of damage back to Tinker, especially while using March of the Machines
- Linken's Sphere prevents Tinker from using Laser and his targeted items.
- Black King Bar makes all of Tinker's spells and items useless, because they are all magical and don't penetrate spell immunity.
- Lotus Orb reflects his spells and items back onto himself.
- Monkey King Bar makes laser miss useless
Good against...Shadow Fiend
- Tinker can deal a great amount of damage against Shadow Fiend's low health in the early game while using a good combination of Laser and Heat-Seeking Missile.
- Laser can also make Shadow Fiend miss a lot of last hits, disabling Necromastery.
- Tinker's Laser can make Faceless Void totally useless especially if Tinker can stay outside of Chronosphere and make him miss all his attacks
- Faceless Void's Time Dilation can't affect Tinker's as he can have his abilities without cooldown thanks to Rearm, even if his abilities are already affected by Time Dilation
- Any hero with a low HP pool is easy for Tinker to nuke down: Crystal Maiden, Enchantress, Gyrocopter, Lion, Riki, Techies, Terrorblade, Necrophos, Invoker.
Works well with...Faceless Void
- Faceless Void's Chronosphere provides a great setup for Tinkers spells.
- X Marks the Spot allows Tinker to teleport out of base and get recalled as soon as he's in danger.
- Nature can use his Teleportation to jump around with tinker. Imagine the push.
- Tinker can teleport onto Spirit Breaker during Charge of Darkness with Boots of Travel 2 and gank heroes.
- Thirst can help Tinker finish off foes after his Dagon, Heat-Seeking Missile, Laser, Rearm combo by providing vision when enemies are at low health.
- Chakra Magic can help Tinker stay in pushes without teleportation back to fountain.