From Dota 2 Wiki
|Hero||Strategy||Counters||Equipment||Gear||Responses||Sounds||Lore||Old Abilities||Changelogs||Known Bugs|
- Tinker is fragile and vulnerable against carries like Anti-Mage also, Mana Break burns away his mana pool and deals bonus physical damage.
- Tinker's massive mana pool makes Mana Void deal a large amount of damage.
- Clockwerk can easily catch a split pushing Tinker with his Hookshot and prevent him from escaping with Power Cogs and Battery Assault.
- He can find Tinker with his Rocket Flare.
- Clockwerk usually buys a Blade Mail which does lots of damage to Tinker if you get hit by his abilities (especially March of the Machines).
- Tinker is heavily reliant on casting his spells and Doom can disable all of his four active abilities and all of his items. Especially with Scepter, Tinker has to countdown his death and revive time.
- Press the Attack can dispel Laser's blind while providing great attack speed and health regeneration.
- Once caught in a Duel, Tinker who completely relies on his spells to be effective stands little chance of survival with his low health pool and armor.
- Rage will dispel Laser's blind and turns him magic immune for the duration so Tinker cannot damage him.
- Feast will quickly bring down Tinker due to being so fragile.
- Luna can easily prevent Tinker from escaping with Boots of Travel or Rearm with Lucent Beam.
- Luna can also quickly tear Tinker to shreds with Eclipse as soon as he jumps in with Blink Dagger.
- Night Stalker can easily find Tinker in the trees during Darkness.
- Void's mini-stun and silence will stop Rearm and Boots of Travel while also preventing Tinker from fighting back.
- His whole skillset act like a counter to Tinker:
- Impale prevents Tinker from blinding Nyx Assassin or fighting back, while giving Nyx' allies time to catch up to Tinker's position.
- Mana Burn generally deals more damage to intelligence based heroes like Tinker
- Spiked Carapace can stun Tinker from a distance because of March of the Machines
- Vendetta allows approaching Tinker in the trees or waiting for him in common hiding spots and dealing heavy damage to his low armor
- He can Meat Hook a Tinker hiding in the trees and follow it up with Dismember and Rot for an easy solo kill, as Tinker doesn't tend to buy survivability items.
- His innate magic resistance and huge HP pool from Flesh Heap makes it hard for Tinker to deal serious damage to Pudge.
- Arcane Curse will force Tinker not to cast any spells and if not, he will take more damage.
- Glaives of Wisdom deals pure damage and makes quick work of fragile Tinker.
- Last Word causes Tinker to get silenced for 6 seconds after casting a spell.
- Global Silence will prevent Tinker to use his spells in team fights, which makes him useless.
- Slark's Pounce shutdown Tinker's escape every way except in the case that he has invisible item like Glimmer Cape or Shadow Blade base item.
- Mostly Slark builds bash or slow items so he can kill Tinker with little injury.
- Eye of Skadi, Vanguard, Skull Basher, Heart of Tarrasque, Black King Bar make him tanky enough to kill Tinker alone.
- He can easily catch Tinker in the trees with Ball Lightning and kill him with Orchid Malevolence and his abilities, all of which deal much damage to Tinker.
- Faceless Void's Chronosphere make Tinker unable to act and easy to be targeted first.
- Illusion heroes, such as Shadow Demon, Naga Siren, Phantom Lancer, Chaos Knight, Terrorblade
- Blade Mail can reflect a lot of damage back to Tinker, especially while using March of the Machines
- Linken's Sphere prevents Tinker from using Laser and his targeted items.
- Black King Bar makes all of Tinker's spells and items useless, because they are all magical and don't penetrate spell immunity.
- Lotus Orb reflects his spells and items back onto himself.
- Nullifier makes Tinker useless for the time he's muted since Tinker cannot do much without his items.
- Laser can be very effective against Bloodrage as the damage will be amplified while blind prevents from heal.
- Tinker is a natural Boots of Travel carrier and Rearm guarantees him escape from Rupture.
- With Aghanim's Scepter, Tinker's Laser completely stops Chaos Knight's damage, forcing him to buy either a Black King Bar for his own survivability while leaving his illusions still vulnerable, or a Monkey King Bar leaving him still vulnerable to Tinker's nukes, though improving his damage.
- Tinker rarely finds himself in the middle of a fight, which is where Chaos Knight typically thrives, and even in the rare cases of being so, at level 3 Tinker's constant rearm and blink away can kite and dodge Chaos Knight's spells reliably, so Chaos Knight has very little catch against Tinker's mobility. This gives Tinker impunity to create more chaos in a teamfight than CK can control, laying down the field with March of the Machines and constantly being hit by rockets and lasers.
- If Tinker can stay outside of Chronosphere Laser can make Faceless Void to miss all his attacks.
- Faceless Void has low health and strongly relies on Time Walk's healing factor to remain alive. Getting caught by Tinker with Scythe of Vyse will almost always spell a quick end for Void.
- Rearm ignores Time Dilation completely.
- During the laning stage Laser will reduce Shadow Fiend's last hits preventing from getting Necromastery souls.
- Shadow Fiend has low health and is vulnerable to Tinker's high magic burst.
- Tinker can single-handedly stop Terrorblade's early-push and quickly clear his illusions with Laser (especially with Aghanim's Scepter) and March of Machines.
- Tinker has perfect tools to reveal Terrorblade from his illusions as well as to burst him down if he is low-health before he will be able Sunder.
- All Tinker's damage is magic/pure and completely ignores Timbersaw's Reactive Armor.
- Timbersaw very rarely builds Black King Bar making him very vulnerable if Tinker builds Scythe of Vyse.
- Any hero with a low HP pool is easy for Tinker to nuke down: Crystal Maiden, Enchantress, Gyrocopter, Lion, Riki, Techies, Terrorblade, Necrophos, Invoker.
Works well with...Faceless Void
- Faceless Void's Chronosphere provides a great setup for Tinkers spells.
- X Marks the Spot allows Tinker to teleport out of base and get recalled as soon as he's in danger.
- Nature can use his Teleportation to jump around with tinker. Imagine the push.
- Tinker can teleport onto Spirit Breaker during Charge of Darkness with Boots of Travel 2 and gank heroes. Also with little communication, spirit breaker can show enemies who are trying to escape, using charge on them, making them easy target for missiles
- Thirst can help Tinker finish off foes after his Dagon, Heat-Seeking Missile, Laser, Rearm combo by providing vision when enemies are at low health.
- Bloodrage significantly increases Tinker's already massive damage output.
- Chakra Magic can help Tinker stay in pushes without teleportation back to fountain.
- Recall can bring Tinker back to the fight without needing a creep wave or tower nearby, reducing the need of improving his boots of travel.
- Illuminate spam along with March of the Machines makes their high ground impossible to penetrate without committing magic immunity items/spells.
- His track synergies well with missiles