Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
- 's pure damage ignores stacks of Reactive Armor.
- prevents Timbersaw from using Timber Chain, setting him up for chain stuns and burst damage.
- immobilizes Timbersaw and drains his low mana pool, preventing escape afterwards. It also pierces .
- Bane's multiple disables often force Timbersaw or his teammates to spend gold on a .
- breaks Reactive Armor's passive bonuses. shuts down Timbersaw completely, negating his mobility and preventing him from doing any damage. It also
- can stun Timbersaw several times in a fight, potentially interrupting Timber Chain.
- prevents usage of Timber Chain.
- Timbersaw is vulnerable to magical burst damage, which Ember Spirit provides with and .
- Timbersaw's abilities deal pure damage, thus they cannot remove .
- is similar to a long duration silence, making Timbersaw useless in team fights, or forcing him to adapt his build.
- negates Timbersaw's burst damage.
- provides magical damage and lock down, and is effective against both Reactive Armor and Timber Chain.
- In conjunction with 's magical damage, can destroy Timbersaw before he has time to react, and creates a large obstacle that obstruct's Timber Chain's mobility.
- can prevent Timbersaw from using both Timber Chain and Chakram due to the frequent stuns interrupting the lengthy cast animations, as well as stopping him mid-chain. This can negate Timbersaw's attempts to escape or dole out extra ability damage.
- Later in the game, Invoker's heavy magical and pure damage can be difficult to avoid, meaning Timbersaw's armor is less useful.
- greatly reduces Timbersaw's mobility.
- In addition, Lion can follow up with his and combo, preventing Timbersaw to escape with Timber Chain. And he can finish Timbersaw off with if the latter's HP is low enough.
- effectively negates Timbersaw's large HP pool as well as HP regen.
- together with health and mana regeneration from killed creeps helps Necrophos and his teammates survive Timbersaw's burst damage.
- As a tanky hero that stays in the middle of teamfights, Timbersaw is an easy target for .
- deals constant pure damage, which bypasses Timbersaw's Reactive Armor.
- can hit targets inside , which helps Outworld Devourer finish off Timbersaw before he escapes with Timber Chain. It can also drain his mana, limiting his ability to escape should he survive.
- 's stuns make it harder for Timbersaw to escape with Timber Chain.
- can punish Timbersaw, as Timbersaw is a spell-caster with low cooldowns. Furthermore, Timbersaw usually appears in the midst of battle, placing himself in range of 's Mana Flares.
- Timbersaw has no stuns or silences to stop . Since all of Pugna's Spells are magical, the damage can be devastating to Timbersaw, especially when combined with
- greatly reduces Timbersaw's mobility.
- The stun and damage over time from mitigates Reactive Armor's HP and armor regen.
- Skywrath Mage's long range and low cooldown magic damage spells can easily harass Timbersaw out of lane.
- is not only a long lasting silence, (one of Timbersaw's biggest weaknesses) but it also makes him even more vulnerable to magical burst damage.
- deals repeated stacks of damage to Timbersaw because he relies on constantly using his abilities.
- deals pure damage and when cast manually, nearby creeps will not attack silencer, making it an effective harassment tool.
- Although takes a while to trigger, it will break Timbersaw's ability combo and can be used to silence him.
- will silence Timberaw no matter where he is on the map. This can be used to help allies get a kill on him, or prevent Timbersaw from killing someone.
- makes Storm Spirit a target difficult to chase, even for a hero as mobile as Timbersaw.
- The magical damage from and together with Storm Spirit's high mobility allows Storm Spirit to jump on Timbersaw and burst him down, even if he tries to escape.
- Zeus deals enormous amounts of magic damage, being one of the best heroes to burst down Timbersaw early in the game.
- 's mini-stun can stop Timbersaw's from escaping a fight with Timber Chain.
- Timbersaws tend to build health increasing items, making Zeus' deal huge amounts of damage.
- In general, Timbersaw struggles against highly mobile heroes that can avoid his abilities: , , and others.
- Timbersaw has a difficult time against magical and pure damage: , , ,
- Abilities that counter Timbersaw's mobility can also be useful against him such as and
- Timbersaw wants to spam abilities to stay effective. Any kind of silence, such as , , , , and others are effective against him unless he itemizes for countering them.
- reduces the amount of healing Timbersaw receives from Reactive Armor.
- 's silence negates Timbersaw's mobility and damage. This can also be upgraded into a to help punch through his high armor.
- Avatar. is a good pickup for carries, as none of his abilities go through
- is an effective way of silencing Timbersaw, as its cast time is instantaneous and difficult to be reacted against.
- drains Timbersaw's mana, negating nearly all of his strengths by removing his abilities.
- breaks Reactive Armor's passive bonuses, preventing Timbersaw from building up stacks. Note that this will not remove any stacks that he has already obtained.
- 's mana burn makes Timbersaw run out of fuel relatively quickly, but can also make him accidentally kill himself from the Necronomicon Warrior's Last Will.
- Spiderlings deal almost no damage against Reactive armor. They also die quickly from Timbersaw's AoE abilities.
- Broodmother has no mobility ability except the movement speed buff from , allowing Timbersaw to easily escape her with Timber Chain.
- Timbersaw's tree-cutting abilities makes it difficult for Broodmother to hide, especially near the edges of the map.
- Reactive Armor helps Timbersaw to endure the damage from and combo.
- Timbersaw's large amount of pure damage AoE nukes clears Chaos Knight's illusions quickly, drastically reducing his damage.
- Because multiple Meepos tend to clump up, they present an easy target for Timbersaw's many area abilities.
- Timbersaw can easily cut down the tree that Monkey King is standing on, stunning him for a lengthy period.
- Timbersaw can use Timber Chain to easily escape and 's slow.
- Timbersaw can easily cut down trees from , making it very difficult for Nature's Prophet to teleport away or trap enemies.
- Timbersaw's abilities quickly clear out treants.
- Reactive Armor negates most of the damage of Nature's Prophet's treants, and Timbersaw can often allow himself to be attacked in order to heal himself.
- Reactive Armor helps Timbersaw sustain harassment from , as well as ganking attempts.
- Phantom Assassin is a hero with moderate HP pool, and usually appears in the front line of battle. Because does nothing against spells, she is vulnerable to Timbersaw's skills.
- Timbersaw can easily escape from Phantom Assassin thanks to his Timber Chain.
- Phantom Lancer's lack of burst damage and constant attacks will increase Reactive Armor to max level immediately. Coupled with Timber Chain making escaping from crowds easy, it is almost impossible for Timbersaw to be killed by Phantom Lancer.
- Whirling Death and Chakram can instantly destroy large groups of illusions, negating Phantom Lancer's advantage.
- Razor deals mostly physical damage towards the later game, and Timbersaw is also very mobile, making him a difficult kill to earn.
- Timbersaw rarely resorts to attacks, thus does not suffer when his damage is stolen with .
- Timbersaw can use Chakram as a scouting tool to find Slark if he tries to into the trees.
- None of Timbersaw's abilities require a target to be cast, allowing him to hit Slark inside .
- Reactive Armor can be effective protection against a Slark who attacks quickly, since the strong armor and health regen cannot be stolen by .
- Timber Chain makes Timbersaw very mobile, meaning he is among the very few heroes who can actually give chase to a fleeing Slark.
- Timbersaw can take down Terrorblade's illusions with his area damage burst.
- Reactive Armor plus another armor item reduce much of Terrorblade's damage.
- Timbersaw can use his plethora of tree cutting abilities to level entire sections of the forest, making hiding in the trees more difficult for Treant Protector and his team.
- Timbersaw can easily cut down Treant Protector's once his team has detection. He may even do it unknowingly due to the sheer destructive and chaotic nature of his abilities.
- Whirling Death's primary attribute reduction is extremely potent against strength heroes, as it will reduce their maximum health for a considerable duration, and can even stack with itself.
- Reactive Armor makes Timbersaw very effective against heroes that control a lot of units, such as , and .
- Timbersaw's ability to destroy trees can be a serious problem for some heroes that use them, as either a way of enhancing their spells like , or heroes that tend to hide inside of them like and .
Works well with...
- Bounty Hunter's scouting abilities helps Timbersaw avoid and prepare for ganks.
- can enrich Timbersaw in the early to mid-game, when his ganking and fighting potential is high.
- Crystal Maiden's abilities slow enemies and helps Timbersaw land his abilities.
- is one of the best abilities to set up an easy kill if Timbersaw is around.
- helps meet Timbersaw's mana demands early on, making his laning stage much easier.
- Chakram's slow keeps enemies inside Enigma's longer.
- A on a few enemies followed by Timbersaw's combo usually spells a clean team wipe.
- is an excellent ability for clustering and setting up the enemy team for a Timbersaw burst combo.
- Chakram's slow makes it easier for to hit enemies.
- Chakram can deal a huge amount of damage if used on enemies trapped inside .
- Timbersaw really likes it when his enemies are stunned or ensnared, as that makes Chakram's damage over time more effective and landing his combo much more easy. Heroes like , , , and are very useful.
- Timbersaw uses a lot of mana throughout the whole game, so heroes and items that provide him mana are appreciated. help a lot, and heroes like and makes Timbersaw's early game much easier.
- and can cover one of Timbersaw's biggest weakness of being vulnerable to strong magic damage and disables, potentially making him a nearly unstoppable monster in a teamfight.